Emira JB4 Tuning Now Available for I4 & V6 Cars!

Here is a narrative created with the help of Microsoft Copilot.


🛡️ The Emira Chronicles: Grommetfall 🛡️
A tale of courage, cunning, and cable routing

🌆 Chapter I: The Divide of Realms
In the land of Emira, two great kingdoms lay estranged: Inner City, the realm of comfort and command, and Engine Bay, the fiery dominion of torque and thunder. Between them stood a cursed barrier — the Firewall — and within it, the ancient beast known only as Grommet.

For ages, no signal nor current had passed freely between the realms. The sages of circuitry foretold that only a chosen one could pierce the Firewall and restore the sacred flow of electrons.

That chosen one... is you.

🧭 Chapter II: The Seat of Secrets
You begin your quest in the Sanctum of Seating, where the left throne must be moved forward. With a whisper to the Electric Seat Back, it folds obediently, revealing the hidden chamber behind. You unclip the Parcel Net, a woven ward that once held scrolls of cargo.

The path opens.

🪓 Chapter III: The Trim Trials
You approach the Rear Quarter Insert Trim Panel, a stubborn guardian of secrets. With a firm grip and a steady pull, it yields, revealing the Rear Quarter Trim, a shimmering wall of mystery.
PXL_20250727_041550832.RAW-01.COVER.webp

Next, the Fuse Box Cover, a two-headed puzzle. You unclick the Lower Piece, push it toward the rear while rotating it clockwise — an ancient dance of dexterity. Then, with the precision of a lockpick master, you undo the three sacred clips of the Upper Piece.
PXL_20250915_050013885.RAW-01.COVER.webp

The chamber breathes open.

🐉 Chapter IV: The Grommet Awakens
Behind the Rear Quarter Trim, you feel it. A pulse. A presence. The Grommet.
PXL_20250915_013330695.RAW-01.COVER.webp

You slide your fingers into the shadows and grasp the rubber beast. It resists, but you are resolute. With a twist and a pull, and maybe a flathead screwdriver, you remove it from its lair.

Now comes the forbidden act: the Slicing of the Grommet. With your blade of precision (a utility knife blessed by the gods of insulation), you carve sacred slits into its flesh—just enough to allow the Harness of Unity to pass. Ancient scrolls show mysterious round holes at the end of the slits, perhaps to protect against evil spells.
PXL_20250915_014154854.RAW-01.COVER.webp
PXL_20250915_014411306.RAW-01.COVER.webp


🧵 Chapter V: The Threading of Fate
You thread the harness through the wounded Grommet, guiding it through the Firewall's portal. On the other side, in the Engine Bay, you fish it out—like drawing Excalibur from the stone.
PXL_20250915_015651801.RAW-01.COVER.webp

You route the cable away from the volcanic vents and serpents of heat, connecting it to its Mating Cable, a twin long lost to time.

The connection is made. The flow begins.

🏰 Chapter VI: Restoration of Realms
With the Grommet now tamed, you return it to its throne in the Firewall. You replace the Fuse Box Cover and the Rear Quarter Insert Trim Panel, sealing the chamber with reverence.

The Emira hums with new life. Inner City and Engine Bay are united once more. The electrons dance. The dashboard glows. The prophecy fulfilled.

👑 Epilogue: The Hero’s Drive
You sit upon the driver’s throne, no longer a mere mortal but a legend. The Emira roars beneath you, its soul whole again. You are the Grommetslayer, the Harnessbearer, the Knight of Connectivity.

And as the road unfurls before you, know this: every twist of wire, every clip undone, every panel pulled—was a step toward destiny.

Drive on, hero. Your legend is etched in the circuitry of time.
 
Last edited:
I just posted the results in my project thread of my latest dyno with Maps 0, 1 and 2, as well as now having the 3rd cat delete.

 
Good afternoon all.

First time post and first time owner of a Lotus.

Absolutely love the car.

I have received my JB 4. Waiting on a couple more items from Gregs. Quick question.

Should I wait for the 1000 mile break in period before installing the JB4? This seems common sense, but like most here, I really do not want to wait.

Thank you very much for any responses!
 
Good afternoon all.

First time post and first time owner of a Lotus.

Absolutely love the car.

I have received my JB 4. Waiting on a couple more items from Gregs. Quick question.

Should I wait for the 1000 mile break in period before installing the JB4? This seems common sense, but like most here, I really do not want to wait.

Thank you very much for any responses!
I installed mine at around 1100-1200 km and it wont be any different for your engine if you do not push the car hard and drive the car gently. If you feel the break in period is over just go all in and enjoy.
 
Thank you!!

I am at about 450km atm. I will wait patiently until I get few more on the car.

Besides, that will give GRP more time to send out the few items I am waiting on.

Patience has never been one of my virtues.
 
Something I noticed after doing the delete, is before with the 3rd cat in place, on a hot day the water temp would hit 200F and stay there whether I was moving or sitting still. After the delete it still hits 200F if I'm not moving, such as sitting at a red light, but as soon as I'm moving the temp drops to 194 and stays there, so the 3rd cat does appear to push heat back into the engine.

Something else I noticed when periodically checking the gauges on the JB4 app, was the IAT is typically only 2-3 degrees warmer than the outside temp. It looks like the heat reflect foil I wrapped that section of the Eventuri in has had an effect. Next time I clean the air filter, I'm going to wrap the other end that goes into the outside intake tube, and wrap the outside intake tube as well. There's all kinds of heat from the engine and rear wheel and brake that accumulates in there. I want to see if I can get the IAT to within one degree of the outside temp.
You need the JUBU cooling upgrade. By far the best mod I’ve done. It won’t get about 176, traffic and all. Usually stays at 171-173 driving. Harder I drive lower it gets, 170 is the lowest I’ve seen running it hard.
 
Debating pulling the trigger on this soon and am confused on the difference between the two wireless connection kits on GRP's website. Is the OBDII option no longer available? Or does the new JB4 Pro Adapter replace it? I definitely want all the active telemetry data the OBDII connection was previously providing if I order one.
 
Debating pulling the trigger on this soon and am confused on the difference between the two wireless connection kits on GRP's website. Is the OBDII option no longer available? Or does the new JB4 Pro Adapter replace it? I definitely want all the active telemetry data the OBDII connection was previously providing if I order one.
it's both actually, the OBDII connection is for running the actual JB4 module with your car so it gets live data - and the Pro Adapter allows your phone to use the newer version of their software to tune/control/monitor
 
Debating pulling the trigger on this soon and am confused on the difference between the two wireless connection kits on GRP's website. Is the OBDII option no longer available? Or does the new JB4 Pro Adapter replace it? I definitely want all the active telemetry data the OBDII connection was previously providing if I order one.
1763282786841.webp


(a) has been discontinued
(b) is the expensive one which uses paid app
(c) is the cheaper module which uses the free app

I use (b) so not sure what issues, if any, there are in (c).
 
Ordered to the UK. Have a larini 3rd decat and box already. Lookin forwards to this… the car needs more power it feels meh
 
Ordered to the UK. Have a larini 3rd decat and box already. Lookin forwards to this… the car needs more power it feels meh
I think you will be quite surprised. Looking forward to hearing what you think once installed.
 
I think you will be quite surprised. Looking forward to hearing what you think once installed.
Yeah I'm interested as well. I was firmly in the "needs more power camp" but have never felt that again since JB4 + Eventuri. I would still love more redline but the power is plenty for street driving.
 
I think you will be quite surprised. Looking forward to hearing what you think once installed.
Well I installed today and wow map 1 on 95 cheap crap I had left from a motorway journey is absolutely brilliant. I data logged although I can’t read it… it all felt ok!

Thinking map two next with some 99 momentum in there. Do you run map2 constantly?
 
Well I installed today and wow map 1 on 95 cheap crap I had left from a motorway journey is absolutely brilliant. I data logged although I can’t read it… it all felt ok!

Thinking map two next with some 99 momentum in there. Do you run map2 constantly?
I haven't switched mine from Map 2 in months. It runs/feels smoother with the JB4 and I don't notice any change in fuel economy, either. I say, send it. Feels like how the car should be from the factory. Plenty of power.
 
I haven't switched mine from Map 2 in months. It runs/feels smoother with the JB4 and I don't notice any change in fuel economy, either. I say, send it. Feels like how the car should be from the factory. Plenty of power.
Did you datalog on first run or just trust it feels fine and until it doesn’t it’s fine? How much of a difference is map 1 to map 2? V6 btw.
 
Did you datalog on first run or just trust it feels fine and until it doesn’t it’s fine? How much of a difference is map 1 to map 2? V6 btw.
I did a couple data logs from some pretty hard pulls and sent them to Burger on the first day I had it installed. They responded quickly and said everything looked great. After that, I haven't looked back. Map 1 was a very subtle increase in power but delivery felt smoother. Map 2 is a different animal. I highly recommend it if you have access to 93 fuel. I'm not doing any crazy launches or anything but I ran it pretty good on a track day for several hours with zero issues (no CELs, no heat soak problems, etc.). Just my experience and hope it helps. With my mods (listed in sig) this car sounds amazing, looks amazing, and has the power I hoped for when I bought it. Couldn't be happier TBH.
 
I did a couple data logs from some pretty hard pulls and sent them to Burger on the first day I had it installed. They responded quickly and said everything looked great. After that, I haven't looked back. Map 1 was a very subtle increase in power but delivery felt smoother. Map 2 is a different animal. I highly recommend it if you have access to 93 fuel. I'm not doing any crazy launches or anything but I ran it pretty good on a track day for several hours with zero issues (no CELs, no heat soak problems, etc.). Just my experience and hope it helps. With my mods (listed in sig) this car sounds amazing, looks amazing, and has the power I hoped for when I bought it. Couldn't be happier TBH.
Ok mate I guess I’ll do the same. Map 1 was a huge difference for me.

Our highest grade 99 is around 91-94 US so I read.
 
Well I installed today and wow map 1 on 95 cheap crap I had left from a motorway journey is absolutely brilliant. I data logged although I can’t read it… it all felt ok!

Thinking map two next with some 99 momentum in there. Do you run map2 constantly?
Yep. On the road, and on the track try it…then put it back in map zero and have a laugh.
 

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Supporting Vendors View all →
Back
Top