Emira JB4 Tuning Now Available for I4 & V6 Cars!

It’s so incredible that nothing on the dash is real. The temps are a lie. The tach is hilariously delayed. You have to give them credit, no other brand would ship a useless dash
Had a 2001 BMW 540i6 Sport for many years:
- speedo, not actual speed
- odometer, constant error, similar to speed delta
- engine temp showed "normal" 50 degrees before the engine actually reached operating temp, and would only shift towards warm if 20+ deg above operating temp

Didn't care a bit. Kept my eyes on the road and enjoyed the drives. Used an OBD tool for data 😁
 
At higher altitudes the air is less dense, so you get less air into the engine and therefore less power.
This is, of course, true for any car. Drag times can be adjusted for elevation using altitude correction factors, which account for the reduced air density at higher altitudes. For example, you can multiply your elapsed time (ET) and miles per hour (MPH) by specific factors based on the elevation to estimate what those times would be at sea level.
 
This is, of course, true for any car. Drag times can be adjusted for elevation using altitude correction factors, which account for the reduced air density at higher altitudes. For example, you can multiply your elapsed time (ET) and miles per hour (MPH) by specific factors based on the elevation to estimate what those times would be at sea level.
One wonders how fast our cars might be … below sea level
 
also the v6 auto has around a 20hp loss

is this thread still about jb4?

after updating the jb4 it works for v6 auto but I'm still getting the P0106 that the latest update was meant to fix
get a replacement. probably pcb or cable issue.
 
I did my first launch with the JB4 on map2, everything went well. No broken Axel 😬. A smooth start, not agressive enough to break a time record but fast enough to be able to enjoy the push of the car.


Do you have any exhaust mods or is this stock w/ JB4?
 
Do you have any exhaust mods or is this stock w/ JB4?
I have a GRP 3rd cat delete , milltek valve controller and K&N air filter element drop in.

The speedometer clauster is so slow to react and it is even worse now that the car is climbing in rpm faster that I hit the cutoff even before it shows to shift as a redline indicator into the dash.
 
I have a GRP 3rd cat delete , milltek valve controller and K&N air filter element drop in.

The speedometer clauster is so slow to react and it is even worse now that the car is climbing in rpm faster that I hit the cutoff even before it shows to shift as a redline indicator into the dash.
I have almost the same setup minus different intake. I know exactly what you mean. I generally shift around 6-6.5K RPM from 1st > 2nd just to avoid that and the shift is a bit smoother anyways. I think it's probably faster overall than trying to get the last drop out of 1st and risking slamming into the limiter. The only thing that will potentially pull me from the JB4 on Map 2 would be a reasonably priced flash tune that raises the redline to 7,200RPM with a soft limiter and at least comparable overall power figures. Map 2 puts the Emira in a different category in terms of how much you feel the car push you back in your seat. I love it.
 
I have almost the same setup minus different intake. I know exactly what you mean. I generally shift around 6-6.5K RPM from 1st > 2nd just to avoid that and the shift is a bit smoother anyways. I think it's probably faster overall than trying to get the last drop out of 1st and risking slamming into the limiter. The only thing that will potentially pull me from the JB4 on Map 2 would be a reasonably priced flash tune that raises the redline to 7,200RPM with a soft limiter and at least comparable overall power figures. Map 2 puts the Emira in a different category in terms of how much you feel the car push you back in your seat. I love it.
I think we could have a reflash to rev at 7200 RPM + smoother cutoff and still use the JB4 with it.
 
Not sure on engine temps, never saw over 200F on the dash, but I know that doesn't mean anything.

I ran map 2 for one session just to see how it felt. I enjoyed it, but this is a small track and I actually wished it had a bit more engine braking. I ran map 1 for the rest of the day and as ambient temps got hotter (~90F)
 
I think we could have a reflash to rev at 7200 RPM + smoother cutoff and still use the JB4 with it.
Yeah I guess you're right, I hadn't really thought about a flash with "stock" power settings but higher rev limit and soft limiter + JB4 piggyback combination but it makes sense. In my mind it was always one or the other. Wow, what an insane setup that would be.
 
I read through most of the post, but couldn't find my question. We have 94 Octane (Petrol Canada) nearby. I wonder if we can use Map3 with only 94? I saw it mentioned 93+E30 for my setup. Also, has anyone used 94 octane from Petrol Canada (Ontario) before?
 
The issue with Canadian 94 is it’s typically ethanol free so although 94 is higher than 93, tuners tend to advise use of 91 maps for ethanol free 94. I would suggest try it on a dyno and datalogging to ensure no knock etc.
 
The issue with Canadian 94 is it’s typically ethanol free so although 94 is higher than 93, tuners tend to advise use of 91 maps for ethanol free 94. I would suggest try it on a dyno and datalogging to ensure no knock etc.
ethanol free fuel suggests using a lower octane MAP? I would have thought the opposite.
 
ethanol free fuel suggests using a lower octane MAP? I would have thought the opposite.
Adding ethanol is the equivalent of adding higher octane. That is why people can make so much power on e85, which is 85% ethanol.
 
But Canada uses the same AKI rating that the US does. 94 Octane rating in Canada is equivalent to 94 in the US.

Not all fuels measured in the RON + MON/ 2 method are the same exactly. Some fuels will have more knock resistance at idle which is what RON measures and could hypothetically drag the octane rating upwards while the 'at load high rpm' rating is not as high as others.

Ultimately it doesn't matter that much though a 94 octane in Canada should be the same as a 94 in the US and certainly better than a 92 in the US regardless of whether they are using ethanol to get that rating or not.

VP Fuels (race gas provider) sells many products, among them are octane rated fuels with NO Ethanol. Different race teams want that, 1 for consistency, but 2. because even though ethanol has more knock resistance than gasoline, it also produces 20% less power for the same volume.

E85 requires a lot more fueling (and gets worse gas mileage) to produce the same power as equivalent Gasoline power. You can just lean on it harder to make boosted or high compression power since it's octane rating is somewhere around 100 to 105.
 
Thanks to @Eagle7 's tips on rotating the bottom part of the fusebox, I was able to thread through and connect the ODB2 cable to my RHD V6 Emira. I didn't need to extend the cable - mine was 4m in length as shipped, and it was enough.

Of the 4m, I shielded 1.5m to prevent abrasion.
PXL_20250805_110427831.RAW-01.COVER.webp
PXL_20250805_110235683.RAW-01.COVER.webp
 

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Supporting Vendors View all →
Back
Top