Emira V6 Racechip now out

cool.
I've already posted *actual table pictures* of the Emiras ECU tables. Ours is just as real.

I don't know why I even bother with this community at all. 90% of what I get is just shit talk.
I am new to the Emira, but I would take most things with a grain of salt. Continue to do what you do ;-).

I do have a question about the VF Tuner (since someone opened the door and called out VF Tuner.

Does the VF Tuner support adding a wideband O2 sensor to the equation? If so, game over for any other tunes that do not take into account real-time A/F ratios.
I am only interested in an ECU mod if it is tuned and responds in real-time to A/F ratios. I would rather run a little fat to exchange some potential horsepower for longevity of the engine.
 
OK. Back on to the topic of racechip. Iv`e just installed the racechip on my v6 Emira and have run them side by side. My thoughts;
Both do the job very well
The race chip does def feel stronger and smoother straight away where the JB4 picks up strongly on early mid range
I`m keeping the RChip on for now as it is giving me a bit more fun(for now). On hard acceleration through second to third it feels quite insane and probably a bit too much for the road as the speed come on very strongly in full race mode and on setting 7 and tends to breaks rear traction.

I`ll put it on the track and see how it performs there. Having said that, I had had the JB4 on track a few times and I can truely say that there was plenty of power every where. There were some very fast cars on some of these days and the Emira had no trouble at all keeping it`s nose right up their tail lights either down the long straights or out of corners. Seriously brilliant.

For me, the Rchip may be a bit more convenient as the supplier is a 3 minute drive from my place and is very present if you need any help or advice. As for the JB4, Terry has provided instant reply's to any questions I`ve asked, so it`s not a real deal breaker for me.

Which is better?....can`t really say.
 
It may come with a 2 year engine warranty too according to their website - their tunes for other engines do.
Their warranty highly favors their position and is not worth the bandwidth used to render the pixels in my browser. It is marketing fluff.
 
Their warranty highly favors their position and is not worth the bandwidth used to render the pixels in my browser. It is marketing fluff.
Maybe. But jb4 also doesn’t provide warranty for engine failure. I do know that the brain the my car is in charge of my engine health. That’s one of the benefits of the piggies. How many engine failures have been reported on our cars with the JB unit so far.
 
OK. Back on to the topic of racechip. Iv`e just installed the racechip on my v6 Emira and have run them side by side. My thoughts;
Both do the job very well
The race chip does def feel stronger and smoother straight away where the JB4 picks up strongly on early mid range
I`m keeping the RChip on for now as it is giving me a bit more fun(for now). On hard acceleration through second to third it feels quite insane and probably a bit too much for the road as the speed come on very strongly in full race mode and on setting 7 and tends to breaks rear traction.

I`ll put it on the track and see how it performs there. Having said that, I had had the JB4 on track a few times and I can truely say that there was plenty of power every where. There were some very fast cars on some of these days and the Emira had no trouble at all keeping it`s nose right up their tail lights either down the long straights or out of corners. Seriously brilliant.

For me, the Rchip may be a bit more convenient as the supplier is a 3 minute drive from my place and is very present if you need any help or advice. As for the JB4, Terry has provided instant reply's to any questions I`ve asked, so it`s not a real deal breaker for me.

Which is better?....can`t really say.

That’s great info thanks. And good to know there is local support for those of us in Oz.

How is the install process? Easy to install and remove if necessary?
 
Maybe. But jb4 also doesn’t provide warranty for engine failure. I do know that the brain the my car is in charge of my engine health. That’s one of the benefits of the piggies. How many engine failures have been reported on our cars with the JB unit so far.
I concur. Any mods that change ECU behaviors are at own risk. I just mentioned it because the fine print from RaceChip is really “good luck having a pay for a claim”.
 
I concur. Any mods that change ECU behaviors are at own risk. I just mentioned it because the fine print from RaceChip is really “good luck having a pay for a claim”.
Good luck connecting their chip to an engine failure. A company like this has lawsuit lawyers. I’m sure they have some fine print that is vague enough to not pay, especially when they know most people who do this have other mods, and they will blame it on those, etc.
Before and after Dyno results should be posted by anyone who installs Race chip,.
Also letting us know the modification list, so we can really breakdown what horsepower and torque comes in and at wha RPMs.
Do you have an V6 auto, stick or turbo?
 
Good luck connecting their chip to an engine failure. A company like this has lawsuit lawyers. I’m sure they have some fine print that is vague enough to not pay, especially when they know most people who do this have other mods, and they will blame it on those, etc.
Before and after Dyno results should be posted by anyone who installs Race chip,.
Also letting us know the modification list, so we can really breakdown what horsepower and torque comes in and at wha RPMs.
Do you have an V6 auto, stick or turbo?
I am installing the JB4. Manual V6
 
Good luck connecting their chip to an engine failure. A company like this has lawsuit lawyers. I’m sure they have some fine print that is vague enough to not pay, especially when they know most people who do this have other mods, and they will blame it on those, etc.
Before and after Dyno results should be posted by anyone who installs Race chip,.
Also letting us know the modification list, so we can really breakdown what horsepower and torque comes in and at wha RPMs.
Do you have an V6 auto, stick or turbo?
Gosh. You guys are really worried about engine failures, and yet you Dymocks your cars every second outing. I don’t give a shit about what some machine produces a number at one given moment. I only care about what my arse is telling me when I plant the accelerator coming out of a corner with my mates GT3 10 inches off my rear. All the torque and Hp figures and what revs they come in are best assessed by sitting your butt in the drivers seat. Otherwise they are just numbers you can stick under the Emira badge.
Anyway. I’ve got a v6 manual,decat,miltek, grp cold air. Hope that answers you query.
Regards
Down Under
 
Gosh. You guys are really worried about engine failures, and yet you Dymocks your cars every second outing. I don’t give a shit about what some machine produces a number at one given moment. I only care about what my arse is telling me when I plant the accelerator coming out of a corner with my mates GT3 10 inches off my rear. All the torque and Hp figures and what revs they come in are best assessed by sitting your butt in the drivers seat. Otherwise they are just numbers you can stick under the Emira badge.
Anyway. I’ve got a v6 manual,decat,miltek, grp cold air. Hope that answers you query.
Regards
Down Under
@David s
I did not read it that way. Someone pointed out the RaceChip comes with a warranty. I just pointed out that it is marketing fluff. If someone is buying the RaceChip over the JB4 for that simple fact, then their marketing team has done their job.
 
@David s
I did not read it that way. Someone pointed out the RaceChip comes with a warranty. I just pointed out that it is marketing fluff. If someone is buying the RaceChip over the JB4 for that simple fact, then their marketing team has done their job.
“Before and after Dyno results should be posted by anyone who installs Race chip,”

That’s what I read and responded to.
 
Is there a coupon code for the 20% off, as showing a total of £708 with the app
I bought it last week and they had the discount already applied. Perhaps worth checking regularly as they seem to discount fairly often
 
have you fitted it yet? give us the low down please.
Hi yes I have fitted it. It takes 10 mins to fit and pair with the phone. Sadly isn’t apple carplay equipped so that’s a shame but not a problem really either. I’m not a bhp figure fan of if I am honest so don’t have any stats to share as I care more about how a car feels and drives, but understand some people like to have the bragging rights so each to their own. As for how the car drives I have been very impressed actually with how the sport setting and race setting perform, I haven’t tried the eco setting and don’t really plan to if I’m being honest. The car is my daily driver so I am very tuned in to how the car performed prior to and after fitting. In sport the car is absolutely perfect in my view, loads of punch from low down which is where it was a bit lack luster before so that is a great improvement in my opinion. Great in traffic not jerky or hesitant it’s just great and is actually an improvement in traffic I haven’t found. Get on a bit of open road and the car comes alive it really does impress I haven’t found to be honest. I have had a couple of traffic light opportunities as you do with our EV brethren who seem to feel it’s their obligation to try and embarrass us lesser fossil fuel burning Neanderthals, I can only say that they do appear to get a bit nervous when they realise that actually you are quite a bit quicker than they realised. I shouldn’t be quite so childish I know but it is definitely a big grin moment as they start to regret their life choice at that moment. Race mode is even better and probably not for flippant use in the wet i would suggest, at least until you get used to the power delivery which is to be honest quite astonishingly rapid. I have the 3rd Cat delete, valve controller from Miltek and a 2ubular Cat replacement pipe along with a Greggs racing panel filter and all in all I would definitely recommend all of the above as the car is transformed. MPG hasn’t been affected as far as I can tell either, not that I would be hugely bothered if it was but I it actually seems to be a little bit better although I have nothing to back that up. In short if you are thinking about it I would certainly recommend it
 
Hi yes I have fitted it. It takes 10 mins to fit and pair with the phone. Sadly isn’t apple carplay equipped so that’s a shame but not a problem really either. I’m not a bhp figure fan of if I am honest so don’t have any stats to share as I care more about how a car feels and drives, but understand some people like to have the bragging rights so each to their own. As for how the car drives I have been very impressed actually with how the sport setting and race setting perform, I haven’t tried the eco setting and don’t really plan to if I’m being honest. The car is my daily driver so I am very tuned in to how the car performed prior to and after fitting. In sport the car is absolutely perfect in my view, loads of punch from low down which is where it was a bit lack luster before so that is a great improvement in my opinion. Great in traffic not jerky or hesitant it’s just great and is actually an improvement in traffic I haven’t found. Get on a bit of open road and the car comes alive it really does impress I haven’t found to be honest. I have had a couple of traffic light opportunities as you do with our EV brethren who seem to feel it’s their obligation to try and embarrass us lesser fossil fuel burning Neanderthals, I can only say that they do appear to get a bit nervous when they realise that actually you are quite a bit quicker than they realised. I shouldn’t be quite so childish I know but it is definitely a big grin moment as they start to regret their life choice at that moment. Race mode is even better and probably not for flippant use in the wet i would suggest, at least until you get used to the power delivery which is to be honest quite astonishingly rapid. I have the 3rd Cat delete, valve controller from Miltek and a 2ubular Cat replacement pipe along with a Greggs racing panel filter and all in all I would definitely recommend all of the above as the car is transformed. MPG hasn’t been affected as far as I can tell either, not that I would be hugely bothered if it was but I it actually seems to be a little bit better although I have nothing to back that up. In short if you are thinking about it I would certainly recommend it
The haven’ts in the above should be have for some reason spell check changed it my apologies
 

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Supporting Vendors View all →
Back
Top