I'm ready to be sunk...just waiting for my ship to come in!not concerned in the slightest. These signal faker piggybacks won't come close to all the benefits of actual ECU tuning.
The full tuning solution is a time sink but worth it in the end.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
I'm ready to be sunk...just waiting for my ship to come in!not concerned in the slightest. These signal faker piggybacks won't come close to all the benefits of actual ECU tuning.
The full tuning solution is a time sink but worth it in the end.
Torque is in newton-meters. That’s why it’s so high.
But yes. It appears they did the stupid thing most non-us based companies do and applied a correction factor to convert to crank power numbers.
I hate that crap. Report the rear wheel numbers. Every dyno is different anyways so they aren’t even really comparable.
If that’s max power at 6167rpm then those numbers are suspect. They put in the wrong gear ratio or the whatever method they used for engine speed is wrong. Which will throw the numbers off.Yes definitely Nm.
Their results seem to be well within expected for a stock car.
This was my totally stock car the only time I’ve put it on a dyno.
380rwhp and 442 Nm.
Never quite understood why the rpm seems so far out, though.
View attachment 73240
Interested as that was NOT what was stated previously.@Terry are you saying the car makes more power using the JB4 with the OBD2 connection hooked up vs without?
I only say that because in one of his posts in this thread he mentioned about power being made on map 3 with the OBD2 connector hooked up.Interested as that was NOT what was stated previously.
If that’s max power at 6167rpm then those numbers are suspect. They put in the wrong gear ratio or the whatever method they used for engine speed is wrong. Which will throw the numbers off.
dynos measure torque directly then use a formula to calculate horsepower. They don’t measure power directly.
Dynos' are funky things. Ultimately the only things a Dyno is capable of measuring is Torque at Wheel speed over a snapshot of time. Everything else is a calculation. Muck up one of the parameters and the calculated power, and even the torque can be out of whack. It's why you can't really compare dyno sheets from two different dynos. And even the same Dyno if the time between runs is too long as the operator could have changed a parameter.So the torque figure is correct, then?
I can independently confirm that a buddy of mine has been working w @VF Tuner for over a month on this. It’s very likely the world’s first field-revisable emira g6 ecu tune. (Komotec won’t even sell tunes unless bundled with headers m, intake, and has only a static state of tune for that power kit. It must be done in Germany.)Agreed.. as much as I want this to succeed and get the tune. Its all bla bla so far and no proof or whatsover. I offered many times my ecu for free! For the group and never got even back to me. I think its BS! Proof me wrong and stop acting like a child talking trash about the forum and the members.. without us you have nothing to stand on the emira! We provide you the info, the bits and pieces so that you can do your thing.. if we may believe that. So long… even if you come with something after today I will not buy from you, you are not worth to get paid for this the way you behave.
im rooting for you man i definitely want that tune you are working on.cool.
I've already posted *actual table pictures* of the Emiras ECU tables. Ours is just as real.
I don't know why I even bother with this community at all. 90% of what I get is just shit talk.
if my friend wasn’t such a selfish asshole, he would revert to stock to dyno it in your preferred configuration, and then dial in both approaches w both tuners, for every single iteration of mods, until no one else would need to dyno for themselves.The only slightly disappointing thing (and I’m not trying to be a downer or unnecessarily critical) is that this is being tested on an already highly modified car.
To be honest I’d rather see the results on an otherwise bog standard (or at least only very lightly modified) car.
Anyway, looking forward to the results.
if my friend wasn’t such a selfish asshole, he would revert to stock to dyno it in your preferred configuration, and then dial in both approaches w both tuners, for every single iteration of mods, until no one else would need to dyno for themselves.
Alas, he’s in it for himself I suspect.
I just hope we will get the dynos somehow…
the crazy thing here is, a pulley and belt cost like $300 and take an hour or two to install (w small hands/arms). the pulley doesnt help w the stock ecu, since the extra air gets decline by ecu. however, with that problem solved, its super cheap power. more air is more air.Haha! Fair enough.
I’m just interested in what would be relevant to the greatest number of people.
And from VF’s point of view, I would have thought a standard car (or close to it) would provide the highest number of potential customers.
Don’t blame me when people say the dyno results are irrelevant because the car was already highly modified…
the crazy thing here is, a pulley and belt cost like $300 and take an hour or two to install (w small hands/arms). the pulley doesnt help w the stock ecu, since the extra air gets decline by ecu. however, with that problem solved, its super cheap power. more air is more air.
so anyone who does ecu flash should do smaller pulley. why wouldnt you?
all that leaves us with is intake and headers. many already have intake
so the objections boils down to headers... nothing to lose one's head over
I don't think it was Mat's call, necessarily. I dont think many other owners had the balls to step up and buy a spare ecu, ship it to europe, and basically FAFO w their emira. i know i didnt...
I think it was just my buddy and TFS who is also pretty modified IIRC
I think a lot of people will get the spare ECU after we see these comparison results.the crazy thing here is, a pulley and belt cost like $300 and take an hour or two to install (w small hands/arms). the pulley doesnt help w the stock ecu, since the extra air gets decline by ecu. however, with that problem solved, its super cheap power. more air is more air.
so anyone who does ecu flash should do smaller pulley. why wouldnt you?
all that leaves us with is intake and headers. many already have intake
so the objections boils down to headers... nothing to lose one's head over
I don't think it was Mat's call, necessarily. I dont think many other owners had the balls to step up and buy a spare ecu, ship it to europe, and basically FAFO w their emira. i know i didnt...
I think it was just my buddy and TFS who is also pretty modified IIRC