LOTUS EMIRA ─ ECU Tuning options

finny76

EMIRAAA
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Mods/Admin, consider making this a sticky as it's likely that many people would be interested in learning about ECU tuning.

I wanted to share information I've collected on the currently available and upcoming ECU options for the EMIRA, covering both Standalone ECU choices and Factory ECU Flash Tune options.

STAND ALONE ECU OPTIONS
JUBU Plug & play ECU
JUBU, headquartered in the Austria, have been a longstanding supporter of LOTUS. While I'm not entirely certain, I believe JUBU utilizes a proprietary ECU box. The good news is that this is currently available with many notable improvements. However, the downside is that it may not be cost-effective. For more information, you can find details here:
Bild.3255_3.jpg
MONKEYWRENCH ECU
Monkeywrench, a US-based company, has been a longstanding supporter of LOTUS and various other platforms. While they currently don't offer an ECU option for EMIRA (as per my recent conversation with them), they mentioned that it's currently in development with a Q3/Q4 release. For their ECU options on models like Evora and other platforms, they utilize the ECUMASTER ECUs. Additional information can be found here:
ECU2ZZPNPB-1.jpg
KOMOTEC ECU
Komotech is a german based company and have alos been supporting the LOTUS platform for a while. While they currently don't offer an ECU option for EMIRA they mentioned that it's currently in development (not ETA on release date). For their ECU options on models like Evora and other platforms, they utilize the ECUMASTER ECUs. Additional information can be found here:
SCS DELTA ECU
SCS DELTA are based in UK and they design and manufactures powertrain control electronics for a wide variety of applications including LOTUS. They currently offer their Delta range of engine management systems (ECUs) that is capable of controlling virtually any internal combustion engine including gasoline direct injection and common rail diesel. It is direct replacement engine management system for the Lotus Evora models fitted with a Toyota V6 engine and manual transmission. Fully programmable through the original OBD port.

They currently do not offer it for the EMIRA, but per my correspondence from them they plan on offering solution soon. NO ETA given yet. For more information, you can find details here:

View attachment 36176

FLASH TUNE OPTIONS
INOKINETIC ─ TUNE
INOKINETIC, a small US-based company owned by Shimoo, who is passionate about cars and particularly LOTUS. I had the pleasure of speaking with him, and he mentioned that a Flash Tune is currently in development. I was informed that it is expected to be available in Q2/Q3 of 2024. They also offer tunes for the EVORA and other platforms. For additional details, you can find more information here:
AMR PERFORMANCE─TUNE
AMR Performance is a well-established US-based company with over 20 years of experience, that provides support for various platforms including Audi, Aston Martin, Porsche, and LOTUS. They currently offer a tune for the EVORA. In a conversation with Matt, he mentioned that a tune for the EMIRA is in development. While there's no specific release date provided, he recommended signing up for their newsletter to receive updates. For more details, you can find information here:
AMT TUNING─TUNE
AMT Tuning, is based in Canada with over 25 years of experience, operates across a variety of platforms. They are actively working on a tune for the LOTUS EMIRA, and it is anticipated to be available in the next few months. More info here:

I will update this thread periodically as I find more information...

Last edited:

Barcino2012

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Jubu uses https://www.syvecs.com/ out of the UK,

I really like Jubu’s accessibility, I was chatting with the General Manager via email, and really sold on the 430 tune, as it stands out with almost 500 Nm, 50 more then Komo-Tec until he advised you have to send in the ECU, and I am not that comfortable, using heavily Fedex and UPSat work😉.

I am discussing in more detail the 440 HP option that uses the syvecs ECU, and can post of what I find out, e.g. I was interested about the cost to upgrade is to 460 and 500.one thought was given the higher costs period, and shipping, if you can use headers, catback from here , GRP, etc. and. Still get to the 460 package. I noticed the torque did not vary much between the various options, so maybe there is none ECU mapping difference, but just the reduced resistance with the exhaust mods will get you there.

was also wondering about the autblip, I thought to recall that it comes with it, I also like the option of softer rev bouncer, as the forum has been reporting very hard bounces, almost “wrong” feeling.

Jubu is definitely more pricey then the US options here I am sure, but I like their long term record with Lotus is promising.

I asked the GM, how were you able to get 494 Nm on the OEM ECU, when the german competition only got 450? He just said, our Engjneers are just better and put a smiley behind it👍

allenyao09

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Standalone ECU means it's a new ECU that replaces the stock ECU, right?

Speedy Emira

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

I really like Jubu’s accessibility, I was chatting with the General Manager via email, and really sold on the 430 tune, as it stands out with almost 500 Nm, 50 more then Komo-Tec until he advised you have to send in the ECU, and I am not that comfortable, using heavily Fedex and UPSat work😉.

I am discussing in more detail the 440 HP option that uses the syvecs ECU, and can post of what I find out, e.g. I was interested about the cost to upgrade is to 460 and 500.one thought was given the higher costs period, and shipping, if you can use headers, catback from here , GRP, etc. and. Still get to the 460 package. I noticed the torque did not vary much between the various options, so maybe there is none ECU mapping difference, but just the reduced resistance with the exhaust mods will get you there.

was also wondering about the autblip, I thought to recall that it comes with it, I also like the option of softer rev bouncer, as the forum has been reporting very hard bounces, almost “wrong” feeling.

Jubu is definitely more pricey then the US options here I am sure, but I like their long term record with Lotus is promising.

I asked the GM, how were you able to get 494 Nm on the OEM ECU, when the german competition only got 450? He just said, our Engjneers are just better and put a smiley behind it👍
It is pretty normal for a tune to make a chunk more torque or hp because oem are concentrating on omissions and fuel economy.

They could get more than 500nm but it is restricted to save the rods.

jamesbxxx

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

6.690,00 € Didn't expect it to be that pricey!

Speedy Emira

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
That’s because it includes a bespoke Syvecs UCU with all the wiring and correct plugs and the mapping. When moving to a higher map like the 460 the price will be reduced.

Barcino2012

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
It is, however I like the plug and play, and leave all else OEM, no trace in case of warranty work, they have the option of auto-blip included, and I have not seen another option that gives you that much torque with 440 HP, which will be beneficial for acceleration, more important in the US due to the stricter top speed limits😉
for us in the US we can also take 20% off as we are not subject to VAT,, so our total before shipping is “Only” Euro 5,400…..

Hapkin

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Will Lotus dealers/Emissions tester be able to know you switched the ECU's back and forth because mileage/hours in operation won't match? I don't know much about this stuff so excuse my ignorance.

Speedy Emira

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Will Lotus dealers/Emissions tester be able to know you switched the ECU's back and forth because mileage/hours in operation won't match? I don't know much about this stuff so excuse my ignorance.
This is always a grey area and a lot of the time it’s down to honesty. I had a C63 that wasn’t recording data and the garage asked if anyone had tempered with the ecu. No one had which makes me think how can they prove it if it could be an ecu fault. I had a plight back tuning box on a VW diesel and even with an injection pump issue they didn’t raise an issue when they had it plugged into their computer.
I plan to do the 440 JUBU map at some point mainly for the 7200 soft limit function.

Hapkin

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I am in CA with crappy 91 octane/95 Ron gas. Will these options be safe and what are the reduced hp gains because of not have access to 93/98?

Speedy Emira

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I am in CA with crappy 91 octane/95 Ron gas. Will these options be safe and what are the reduced hp gains because of not have access to 93/98?
I am not saying I’m an expert on all octane boosters but I’ve ran cars with very large boost and can say the best way to increase power to have a matching map. Ok you could do your exhaust or an air intake without causing issues but even an exhaust would benefit from a bespoke map if doing the manifolds.
Any power increase from octane boosters will give a bit of benefit but it’s not a measured increase in power.
If you contacted JUBU and went for their 440hp upgrade it has a Syvecs ecu included and they can provide a suitable map for the fuel in your area.
After previously experiencing melted pistons for incorrect fuelling I will make sure any mods are done correctly or not at all.

RoryBellows

Reaction score
They offer a base map with open fuel and ignition. Perhaps the hot ticket is that plus a local tuner.

EDIT: If you look at the package page it says 91 octane US tuning available.

Last edited: