Emira JB4 Tuning Now Available for I4 & V6 Cars!

Another independent dyno testing of JB4 to add to the repo

Fuel:
93oct pump in TX
Shop temp: 96-98F
Dyno: Dynojet

Modifications:
1) 3rd Cat delete
2) Miltek EVC set to fully open
3) Aftermarket wheels that are 6lbs/wheel lighter than OEM diamond cut wheels

Testing Scenario:
1) Stock with JB4 uninstalled
2) JB4 - Map 0
3) JB4 - Map 1
4) JB4 - Map 2
5) JB4 - Map 2 + GRP Dry flow blue filter

Misc info:
-Fan placed in the front of the car and fan on the intake scoop.

-Runs were performed back to back, with the last Map 2 run (shown) allowed to sit for 15-20mins to cool.
-Air filter dyno pull was performed about 15 mins after as I R/R'd the filter.

-JB4 OBD2 connector was connected and reading.

Results summary in SAE Correction:
1) Stock with JB4 uninstalled - 354 whp/312wtq
2) JB4 - Map 0 - 357/313
3) JB4 - Map 1 - 390/326 ~36 whp gain
4) JB4 - Map 2 - 397/328~43whp gain
5) JB4 - Map 2 + Dry flow air filter - 396/331 ~no significant top end gains, only see very marginal gains in the low/mid range

View attachment 69526

Dry flow air filter comparison

View attachment 69527
Which wheels are you running and what sizes are they?
 
Which wheels are you running and what sizes are they?
 
Another independent dyno testing of JB4 to add to the repo

Fuel:
93oct pump in TX
Shop temp: 96-98F
Dyno: Dynojet

Modifications:
1) 3rd Cat delete
2) Miltek EVC set to fully open
3) Aftermarket wheels that are 6lbs/wheel lighter than OEM diamond cut wheels

Testing Scenario:
1) Stock with JB4 uninstalled
2) JB4 - Map 0
3) JB4 - Map 1
4) JB4 - Map 2
5) JB4 - Map 2 + GRP Dry flow blue filter

Misc info:
-Fan placed in the front of the car and fan on the intake scoop.

-Runs were performed back to back, with the last Map 2 run (shown) allowed to sit for 15-20mins to cool.
-Air filter dyno pull was performed about 15 mins after as I R/R'd the filter.

-JB4 OBD2 connector was connected and reading.

Results summary in SAE Correction:
1) Stock with JB4 uninstalled - 354 whp/312wtq
2) JB4 - Map 0 - 357/313
3) JB4 - Map 1 - 390/326 ~36 whp gain
4) JB4 - Map 2 - 397/328~43whp gain
5) JB4 - Map 2 + Dry flow air filter - 396/331 ~no significant top end gains, only see very marginal gains in the low/mid range

View attachment 69526

Dry flow air filter comparison

View attachment 69527
Any explanations why the Burger car got 50 more whp than yours? I’m starting to understand now why so many want to dyno their cars. I even switched my JB4 of on my drive this morning, and then switched back to map2 just to check what I am now use to is still there. And hell yes..it’s still all there.
Would be nice to know why we haven’t reproduced the 95 whp gain that Burger got. Currently, the gains range from zero to 44 whp.
 
Any explanations why the Burger car got 50 more whp than yours? I’m starting to understand now why so many want to dyno their cars. I even switched my JB4 of on my drive this morning, and then switched back to map2 just to check what I am now use to is still there. And hell yes..it’s still all there.
Would be nice to know why we haven’t reproduced the 95 whp gain that Burger got. Currently, the gains range from zero to 44 whp.
If you're asking about the baseline stock HP number that number will be different on most dynos and is kind of irrelevant, as you stated were after the delta after tuning. Also different cars on the same dyno would be helpful but even then it's really the delta that matters (if that's what you're asking). On my I4 I think baseline my shop for on their dyno was 360? Something like that they're all going to show a different number based on the type of dyno and variables that day
 
Any explanations why the Burger car got 50 more whp than yours? I’m starting to understand now why so many want to dyno their cars. I even switched my JB4 of on my drive this morning, and then switched back to map2 just to check what I am now use to is still there. And hell yes..it’s still all there.
Would be nice to know why we haven’t reproduced the 95 whp gain that Burger got. Currently, the gains range from zero to 44 whp.

That's a question for Burger. I surmise their answer will be, there are too many variables to determine the exact causes, etc.

Based on the independent testing posted up on the forum, I don't believe I've seen anyone with the claimed 95whp gain on 93 pump yet, aside from Burger's test car. I see ~40's and ~60whp gains thus far.

Without understanding what the OEM ECU is doing, it's all speculative at this point. I will be retesting with some ethanol blends and another retest in the winter when the temps are lower for some data.

Unless other owners can validate certain ECU behavior's before.
 
I am using jb4 pro app, but I have a specialized obd2 reader to clear code.
1.my app only connects when the car is moving (weird) do you see that behavior?

2.arw you able to use the app to clear codes? I can't, using a Bluetooth OBD2 scanner to clear right now but a minor pain unplugging the jb4 OBD2 cable each time
 
If you're asking about the baseline stock HP number that number will be different on most dynos and is kind of irrelevant, as you stated were after the delta after tuning. Also different cars on the same dyno would be helpful but even then it's really the delta that matters (if that's what you're asking). On my I4 I think baseline my shop for on their dyno was 360? Something like that they're all going to show a different number based on the type of dyno and variables that day
i agree. But what I am asking, is why only 44whp difference from base to map2 on this particular run. Burger showed base to map2 being 95whp difference. Watch the video. This figure was achieved from base to map 2 on the same dyno, in the same condition, on the same day. Were they bullshitting and faking it? I don`t think that`s who they are. So I would have thought that if someone strapped their car on the dyno and measured map zero and got (say) 300 whp, then you would expect map 2 to show 395 or there about, wouldn`t you say?
 
The map1 vs. map2 results are interesting from the recent dyno run from @jp129. I can tell you this, I feel a considerable difference between map1 and map2 on 93 octane here in NC with the mods in my signature. Something must be different and could be a combination of the lack of full aftermarket intake, relatively hot ambient conditions, fuel quality, etc. As for myself and from many other reports on here, there should be quite a significant jump from map1 to map2 on 93 fuel.
 
i agree. But what I am asking, is why only 44whp difference from base to map2 on this particular run. Burger showed base to map2 being 95whp difference. Watch the video. This figure was achieved from base to map 2 on the same dyno, in the same condition, on the same day. Were they bullshitting and faking it? I don`t think that`s who they are. So I would have thought that if someone strapped their car on the dyno and measured map zero and got (say) 300 whp, then you would expect map 2 to show 395 or there about, wouldn`t you say?
It wouldn't be an exact amount as you quoted, it would be whatever scaled increase relative to the comparable baseline figures and the type of dyno...remember this is wheel figures so might be 95 on one, 80 on another, etc but yes, 40 is different than 95...could be anything, so many variables
 
1.my app only connects when the car is moving (weird) do you see that behavior?

2.arw you able to use the app to clear codes? I can't, using a Bluetooth OBD2 scanner to clear right now but a minor pain unplugging the jb4 OBD2 cable each time
It’s been a while since I have needed to clear a code, but from what I remember it was very tricky to get the car in ignition mode and connect with JB4. I had the GRP downpipe on my car and was getting codes for post cat and pre cat o2 sensors. Post cat was expected. I went back to stock downpipe.
 
The map1 vs. map2 results are interesting from the recent dyno run from @jp129. I can tell you this, I feel a considerable difference between map1 and map2 on 93 octane here in NC with the mods in my signature. Something must be different and could be a combination of the lack of full aftermarket intake, relatively hot ambient conditions, fuel quality, etc. As for myself and from many other reports on here, there should be quite a significant jump from map1 to map2 on 93 fuel.
Easy to validate, just hop on a dyno and collect data. Map 0 through Map 2 and what will be will be.

Based on what's posted so far, independent dyno testing has shown a max net gain of ~60whp and median around ~40whp from everyone else. If anyone else has dyno'ed a net gain that's more (aside from JB4 test car), we'd all love to hear the conditions it was set in and learn from it, otherwise it's all perceptional.
 
Last edited:
Easy to validate, just hop on a dyno and collect data. Map 0 through Map 2 and what will be will be.

Based on what's posted so far, independent dyno testing has shown a max net gain of ~60whp and median around ~40whp from everyone else. If anyone else has dyno'ed a net gain that's more (aside from JB4 test car), we'd all love to hear the conditions it was set in and learn from it, otherwise it's all perceptional.
Agreed that it's perceptional until proven. I was just making the point that in my own experience and what seems almost ubiquitous across the forum--there is a considerable power gain from map1 to map2 so I just thought it was interesting that yours results didn't follow suit there.

It is simple to validate for sure but not currently not "easy" for me to find time to join in the dyno fun hence why I'm very appreciative of those who are taking the time to do it. In any case, regardless of what the dyno results show across the board, there is definitely a massive felt power improvement from stock to JB4 map2 (at least in my case). The perceived difference for me is night and day in terms of how much this car throws you back in the seat and at the end of the day, that's really what matters the most for the fun factor IMHO.
 
Agreed that it's perceptional until proven. I was just making the point that in my own experience and what seems almost ubiquitous across the forum--there is a considerable power gain from map1 to map2 so I just thought it was interesting that yours results didn't follow suit there.

It is simple to validate for sure but not currently not "easy" for me to find time to join in the dyno fun hence why I'm very appreciative of those who are taking the time to do it. In any case, regardless of what the dyno results show across the board, there is definitely a massive felt power improvement from stock to JB4 map2 (at least in my case). The perceived difference for me is night and day in terms of how much this car throws you back in the seat and at the end of the day, that's really what matters the most for the fun factor IMHO.

I agree with you. If you are happy with the differences you felt, then that is a huge win.

I look at the data because perceptions can be shaped and different between people, while data is egonostic. I will acknowledge that the dynos currently posted are NOT the be all end all by any means, but to serve as a data point.

Burger has made a good name for themselves in various markets and, IMO, have developed a very nice product, but I had to objectively verify.

I am seeking those who have been able to acheive more HP on the dyno so that we can all learn from it.

Subjectively, ~40whp gain for an ~$800 piggyback that installs in 30 secs is an exceptional value. I am very happy with the results as it stands, but I will call things as they are and the ~90 is still yet to be seen.
 
I agree with you. If you are happy with the differences you felt, then that is a huge win.

I look at the data because perceptions can be shaped and different between people, while data is egonostic. I will acknowledge that the dynos currently posted are NOT the be all end all by any means, but to serve as a data point.

Burger has made a good name for themselves in various markets and, IMO, have developed a very nice product, but I had to objectively verify.

I am seeking those who have been able to acheive more HP on the dyno so that we can all learn from it.

Subjectively, ~40whp gain for an ~$800 piggyback that installs in 30 secs is an exceptional value. I am very happy with the results as it stands, but I will call things as they are and the ~90 is still yet to be seen.
100% agree on all points. I'm interested to see more results as well. Thanks for posting the dyno numbers for us.
 
Is there any thing that increases the red line?
Full replacement ECU (Syvecs) from JUBU, or hopefully a custom tune on the standard ECU in the not-too-distant future from @VF Tuner 🤞

(and this thread is not the place to go into those things further 😅)
 

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Supporting Vendors View all →
Back
Top