Exhaust System Upgrade Options Available for Turbo I4 AMG Engine Yet?

Is that how you got it out? Did you have to cut or trim that access panel? Inquiring minds want to know.
 
Is that how you got it out? Did you have to cut or trim that access panel? Inquiring minds want to know.
You see the heat shield being bent up.... A quick fix but yes. It comes out that way. The trick is that bracket with the little pin on the RH side.

Edit: the second trick: remove the bracket on the bottom with the two 10mm bolts plus the 18mm. Need all the space you can get
 
My exhaust from Mach5 is finally in the final stages of shipping. They sent me instructions on their valve controller and it gives a clearer picture of what “remote” valve controller means. I guess this way if the valve controller on your exhaust dies, the car won’t go into limp mode? Dunno
 

Attachments

Just had a Valvetronics cat back exhaust installed on my i4. It doesn't sound much better than stock. Had Eurotek install it and it threw a CEL. Eurotek refused to have the issue resolved with Lotus, even with me paying to recalibrate the exhaust valves and clear the CEL. Just got back from Lotus to book an appt. Lotus threatened to void my warranty.

I wouldn't recommend anyone modding the exhaust. To much money for very little results and can be a PITA.

Ready to sell my i4 because at this point I hate Lotus. Anyone looking to buy? Car hasn't had any issues other than this exhaust and a horrible dealership that argues with me everytime I service my vehicle.
 
Last edited:
Just had a Valvetronics cat ack exhaust installed on my i4. It doesn't sound much better than stock. Had Eurotek install it and it threw a CEL. Eurotek refused to have the issue resolved with Lotus, even with me paying to recalibrate the exhaust valves and clear the CEL. Just got back from Lotus to book an appt. Lotus threatened to void my warranty.

I wouldn't recommend anyone modding the exhaust. To much money for very little results and can be a PITA.

Ready to sell my i4 because at this point I hate Lotus. Anyone looking to buy? Car hasn't had any issues other than this exhaust and a horrible dealership that argues with me everytime I service my vehicle.
Par for the course with Valvetronic...
We have had to help out numerous people with their systems since they dont know what they are doing.
The valve doesnt need to be calibrated, you need a controller to keep the system happy.
 
Just had a Valvetronics cat ack exhaust installed on my i4. It doesn't sound much better than stock. Had Eurotek install it and it threw a CEL. Eurotek refused to have the issue resolved with Lotus, even with me paying to recalibrate the exhaust valves and clear the CEL. Just got back from Lotus to book an appt. Lotus threatened to void my warranty.

I wouldn't recommend anyone modding the exhaust. To much money for very little results and can be a PITA.

Ready to sell my i4 because at this point I hate Lotus. Anyone looking to buy? Car hasn't had any issues other than this exhaust and a horrible dealership that argues with me everytime I service my vehicle.
That is absolutely terrible where is/who is your dealer?? Seriously "void warranty" we are all giving them the biggest eye roll ever. Don't sell your car, just get the Mach5 stuff your car will sound amazing - and try and make buddies with one of the techs there
 
Par for the course with Valvetronic...
We have had to help out numerous people with their systems since they dont know what they are doing.
The valve doesnt need to be calibrated, you need a controller to keep the system happy.
and yes just stick on one of Greg's magic boxes...will fix all ailments
 
I have the GRP I4 exhaust with a valve controller, sounds great! No issues. Have it programmed into the mirror button! Going cat-less (winter project). Found a company that does a module to delete the code before it throws a code.
Exhaust sound ls much better than stock
 
That is absolutely terrible where is/who is your dealer?? Seriously "void warranty" we are all giving them the biggest eye roll ever. Don't sell your car, just get the Mach5 stuff your car will sound amazing - and try and make buddies with one of the techs there
Yes I am familiar with the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act. I know what would and would not be covered. They can't void your warranty because of a catback exhaust. If my blinker went out it would have absolutely nothing to do with the fact I had an aftermarket exhaust installed.

However I shouldn't have to fight the dealership about it. I am tired of the Dealership being a PITA about everything.

Worst car ownership experience of my life. And FU Valvetronics and Eurotek.
 
Last edited:
I have the GRP I4 exhaust with a valve controller, sounds great! No issues. Have it programmed into the mirror button! Going cat-less (winter project). Found a company that does a module to delete the code before it throws a code.
Exhaust sound ls much better than stock
Did you happen to post a video? Planning to install the GRP and a controller. May go with the downpipe as well.
 
Just had a Valvetronics cat back exhaust installed on my i4. It doesn't sound much better than stock. Had Eurotek install it and it threw a CEL. Eurotek refused to have the issue resolved with Lotus, even with me paying to recalibrate the exhaust valves and clear the CEL. Just got back from Lotus to book an appt. Lotus threatened to void my warranty.

I wouldn't recommend anyone modding the exhaust. To much money for very little results and can be a PITA.

Ready to sell my i4 because at this point I hate Lotus. Anyone looking to buy? Car hasn't had any issues other than this exhaust and a horrible dealership that argues with me everytime I service my vehicle.
I don't know what happened with your valtronic system but mine does not seem to have the problems you express.
 
I don't know what happened with your valtronic system but mine does not seem to have the problems you express.

You changed the down pipe right? Are you in the USA and is it throwing a CEL?
 
What CEL r u throwing? Lean/rich Bank 02 sensor 2 or valve controller error?
 
I would get the error cleared and the valve recalibrated before making judgement on the exhaust. For me personally the titanium exhaust on my I4 sounded better once it had been recalibrated and was CEL free, versus when it had errors.

The exhaust valve is super sensitive on the Emira, the slightest difference in the range of motion and you’ll get a CEL.
 
The milteck controller fixed the CEL I had gotten concerning the valve controller. As to the O2 error message I still have it go off every so often and just reset it. I have a daddy's O2 simulator.
 
I would get the error cleared and the valve recalibrated before making judgement on the exhaust. For me personally the titanium exhaust on my I4 sounded better once it had been recalibrated and was CEL free, versus when it had errors.

The exhaust valve is super sensitive on the Emira, the slightest difference in the range of motion and you’ll get a CEL.
Did you change the down pipe and are you in the USA? The USA i4 has a particle filter in the down pipe.
 
The milteck controller fixed the CEL I had gotten concerning the valve controller. As to the O2 error message I still have it go off every so often and just reset it. I have a daddy's O2 simulator.
What is the O2 error from?
 
I’m assuming you are revving in non sport mode right? Try revving in track mode to get the valves to open. I do notice the tone of my engine changes if I do have a CEL related to valve controller or boost pressure (pops not existent).

Personally I have installed the Mach 5 downpipe with Mach 5 catback valved exhaust along with the milltek v2 controller (mach5 valve controller only allows open or close and no OEM mode). I have no engine codes or CEL from this setup. I do not know what it would have sounded like with just the catback and valve controller but I would assume similar sound.
 

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Supporting Vendors View all →
Back
Top