US I4 (400hp) has fake engine noise pumped through speakers

Thanks to everyone who contributed to the "green wire" discussion/upgrade ! I have a new 2026 Emira Turbo and before the green wire disconnect the upgraded system was really unacceptable but with the green wire disconnect and turning up the master volume, the sound system really came into its own, more than acceptable, actually enjoyable ! No need for an upgrade yet, just enjoying the ride with my Spotify tunes from my wired cell phone !
 

Attachments

  • 20260520_181834.webp
    20260520_181834.webp
    217.6 KB · Views: 115
Thanks to everyone who contributed to the "green wire" discussion/upgrade ! I have a new 2026 Emira Turbo and before the green wire disconnect the upgraded system was really unacceptable but with the green wire disconnect and turning up the master volume, the sound system really came into its own, more than acceptable, actually enjoyable ! No need for an upgrade yet, just enjoying the ride with my Spotify tunes from my wired cell phone !
I agree, and with Spotify you can adjust the output settings within the app, including volume and EQ, to push a little more than the system naturally provides!
 
Find the wire you want to remove. Follow it and you'll see it goes into (it clicks in) a specific hole in the back of the harness plug.
A de-pining tool is inserted into that particular hole to remove (unclick) that specific wire from the harness plug, without affecting any other wires.
No cutting or splicing.
If you ever want to return it back to stock, just plug it back in to the hole you removed it from.
 
Can you explain a depin?
I tried to depin it, but I didn't want to break the connector or damage the pin, as I have never done it and struggled to find good, detailed info. It probably is fairly simple, but without experience, I ended up just getting an in-line harness off AliExpress and a switch. Cut the wire on the new harness and wired in the switch. This way all I need to do is remove the in-line harness and plug the stock connector back in. if you don't care about switching it on and off, then just get the harness and cut the wire on the harness

switch https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256..._main.132.27401802UUA5Xx&gatewayAdapt=glo2usa

inline harness https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256..._main.157.27401802UUA5Xx&gatewayAdapt=glo2usa
 
So we use a "Mazda CX-5 Atenza Bose Amplifier Audio Plug Terminal 2x8 16pin" harness to plug between the factory plug and the controller?

Then cut the wire in the harness so there is not cutting of the factory harness.

If that is the case, how did you figure out that was the harness that is a good jumper harness. That is impressive.

Brian
 
So we use a "Mazda CX-5 Atenza Bose Amplifier Audio Plug Terminal 2x8 16pin" harness to plug between the factory plug and the controller?

Then cut the wire in the harness so there is not cutting of the factory harness.

If that is the case, how did you figure out that was the harness that is a good jumper harness. That is impressive.

Brian
It’s not too difficult to find connectors anymore. Take a picture of the connector in the car (take note the number of pin holes) and go use google image search and the results are usually in the first pages (sometimes the aliexpress pictures are in the results and you can skip the next step). Once you get a clearer picture from your search results, go download aliexpress and use their image search on the new picture and voila, product found. On AliExpress, usually whenever they sell a connector, they’ll sell the male and female connectors and they’ll also sell it in a configuration where the male and female are connected
 
So we use a "Mazda CX-5 Atenza Bose Amplifier Audio Plug Terminal 2x8 16pin" harness to plug between the factory plug and the controller?

Then cut the wire in the harness so there is not cutting of the factory harness.

If that is the case, how did you figure out that was the harness that is a good jumper harness. That is impressive.

Brian
Someone else on this thread figured it out. I ordered the harness and can say it plugged in with no problems. I cut the harness wire, and no more fake noise
 
I'm going on 3 weeks now post-wire snip and can't express enough what a difference it made for this car...paired with my new Mach 5 downpipe + exhaust setup, it's just straight earporn now.

Should be mandatory for every i4 owner to cut this wire or de-pin it, the fake engine sound is atrociously video game-y and nothing like what the M139 sounds like at all (kinda can't help but cringe a little now when watching any YT video with an i4 Emira and you hear that gross fake 'engine' noise the entire time lol).
 
I'm going on 3 weeks now post-wire snip and can't express enough what a difference it made for this car...paired with my new Mach 5 downpipe + exhaust setup, it's just straight earporn now.

Should be mandatory for every i4 owner to cut this wire or de-pin it, the fake engine sound is atrociously video game-y and nothing like what the M139 sounds like at all (kinda can't help but cringe a little now when watching any YT video with an i4 Emira and you hear that gross fake 'engine' noise the entire time lol).
Is it possible to share a video or audio clip to capture the sound of your exhaust if it’s not too much hassle? The only thing that I wish the I4 could do better is a much better /louder exhaust sound. I saw a couple of videos online where people upgraded their I4 exhaust but to be honest I couldn’t hear much improvement. So wondering how your sounds.
 
Is it possible to share a video or audio clip to capture the sound of your exhaust if it’s not too much hassle? The only thing that I wish the I4 could do better is a much better /louder exhaust sound. I saw a couple of videos online where people upgraded their I4 exhaust but to be honest I couldn’t hear much improvement. So wondering how your sounds.
Yeah I still need to get someone to be with me outside and recording some drive bys but I posted a couple short driving clips from inside the car with my Meta Ray Bans here:


It's gonna be very obvious right away the stark difference between having the fake engine noise and not having it, especially with my Mach 5 downpipe + exhaust.
 
So, the only panel needed to be removed is the one behind the driver's seat? Just want to verify. I might record a video tutorial showing how to depin if you guys want.
 
So, the only panel needed to be removed is the one behind the driver's seat? Just want to verify. I might record a video tutorial showing how to depin if you guys want.
Drivers seat.... depends on what side your steering wheel is located ;-)
 
Yeah I still need to get someone to be with me outside and recording some drive bys but I posted a couple short driving clips from inside the car with my Meta Ray Bans here:


It's gonna be very obvious right away the stark difference between having the fake engine noise and not having it, especially with my Mach 5 downpipe + exhaust.
Thanks for sharing. Hope to see you on HW 101 one day!
 
Which piece of trim am I removing?
I got two clips popped out on the trim, but the trim doesn't want to come out.

1000028268.webp
 

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Supporting Vendors View all →
Back
Top