Emira JB4 Tuning Now Available for I4 & V6 Cars!

Dude, there is no definitive proof that a transmission failed because of the JB4, and in fact based on Terry’s track record with thousands of deployments it’s very unlikely. Additionally, there is no proof of a working ECU flash for an Emira (not an Evora) from your camp (yeah yeah the dyno results are coming). I was really hopeful - and still am - that you are successful. But I’m out simply because of the lack of professionalism that I worry would carry over to purchases.

If you have a product in hand that delivers the results you claim there is no need to denigrate others. And please don’t say “I’m just providing information” as that would be insulting on multiple levels.
True. But that could be said for the JB4 because as far as I'm aware no-one has seen the levels of improvement that Burger claim on the V6 of 100whp.
I reckon a Carwow drag race, JB4 VS VF Tuner ECU Tune :-)
 
This is like a Chicken and Beef producer fighting about who has a better product that is best for you. I love Beef but will eat Chicken, my why loves Chicken but will eat Beef.

It’s just a preference thing! I Have 2 JB4, one in a BMW M 4, one in my Emira I4. It’s my Beef and love them
Yes and No. If you have more mods, ie a new uprated Turbo, the JB4 just won't cut it. Only a full ECU tune would do. It literally depends on the application you require and the money you want to spend. No piggyback ECU is going to be a good as a full ECU tune (done properly). Surely no-one can deny this.
 
In my case, I simply would have disconnected it, but the unit had been installed in the car at the time when the issue happened. Additionally, the installation was done very cleanly and professionally — all wiring was routed neatly, nothing was hacked or poorly fitted.


Regarding the engine removal — I didn’t decide to pull the engine out myself. The Lotus dealership said it was the only way to remove the gearbox and complete the repair, so that’s what had to be done. According to Lotus service time estimates for some models, engine and gearbox removal for certain jobs is listed at around 22 hours of labor — that’s what Lotus books as the repair time — and in reality it can take that long or longer depending on circumstances.
 
Yes and No. If you have more mods, ie a new uprated Turbo, the JB4 just won't cut it. Only a full ECU tune would do. It literally depends on the application you require and the money you want to spend. No piggyback ECU is going to be a good as a full ECU tune (done properly). Surely no-one can deny this.
Agreed 100%. The ECU unlock newswire seems to run hot and cold. It's always nearly there but just needs a donor, TCU unlock or some road testing. We await the big reveal some day soon... 🤞
 
Yes and No. If you have more mods, ie a new uprated Turbo, the JB4 just won't cut it. Only a full ECU tune would do. It literally depends on the application you require and the money you want to spend. No piggyback ECU is going to be a good as a full ECU tune (done properly). Surely no-one can deny this.
Remember the JB4 is a tuning tool. A lot of the features it provides like boost by gear, native WMI/PI/CPI control, IAT spoofing, passive safety systems, WG autolearning, etc, etc, are most useful on heavily modified cars with a custom flash. The JB4 is setup to grow with you as you get in to more extreme modifications and/or add in flash mapping.
 
Yes the jb4 worked very well in combination with bm3 on my f80 m3 back in the day
 
Yes and No. If you have more mods, ie a new uprated Turbo, the JB4 just won't cut it. Only a full ECU tune would do. It literally depends on the application you require and the money you want to spend. No piggyback ECU is going to be a good as a full ECU tune (done properly). Surely no-one can deny this.
Yes I agree, this is why it works for me, I don’t need anything coded out or changed. Someday I may like chicken a little better if my taste changes
 
The big question here is if you had a JB4, why didn't you take it off before bringing it in for service!?!? It seems crazy not to have done that for such a extensive warranty repair concern. You essentially gave Lotus an out for having to eat that transmission and install
 
Last edited:
Yes I agree, this is why it works for me, I don’t need anything coded out or changed. Someday I may like chicken a little better if my taste changes


Very pleasing to hear the JB4 works well on your AMG 2.0, an obvious testament to the R&D undertaken by Terry and his team. May I ask, is your car the USA 400 hp model or the 360 hp version?
 
Real life EMIRA V6 measurements at the wheels using Japan (Nagoya area) pump gas. Hope this helps any V6 owners on the fence to decide what they want to do with their cars.

All done within an hour on the same day. Boost figures taken from an extra sensor attached to the supercharger (not calculated or OBD2 data). Modification is 3rd cat delete only, exhaust valve operating in OEM mode)
  • red: JB4 map 0 (OEM)
  • blue: JB4 map 1
  • green: JB4 map 2

JB4 MAP EMIRA.webp


The boost pressure sensor, and where it plugs in:
20260419_134130.webp
 
Wow.

That’s almost enough to make me just buy a JB4.

About the only thing I’d say is the OEM values look pretty low.
I got 380 rwhp / 442Nm on a Dynojet totally standard car.

What mode are people using for their runs?
“Sport”, “Track”?
Does it make a difference?
 
Last edited:
All done within an hour on the same day. Boost figures taken from an extra sensor attached to the supercharger (not calculated or OBD2 data). Modification is 3rd cat delete only, exhaust valve operating in OEM mode)
  • red: JB4 map 0 (OEM)
  • blue: JB4 map 1
  • green: JB4 map 2
From the graph it looks like you are assuming 16% transmission loss (taking the 344 at wheel on stock). So this is giving you close to 475bhp (power at crank) on map 1 with the JB4. Is that map1 with standard unleaded fuel?
 
About the only thing I’d say is the OEM values look pretty low.
I got 380 rwhp / 442Nm on a Dynojet totally standard car.
The dyno figures should not be taken as absolute values. I just use the numbers to see the deltas. The only thing I took away from this session is that the JB4 showed constant boost increase and added over 80 horses over OEM on this day using this fuel.

What mode are people using for their runs?
“Sport”, “Track”?
Does it make a difference?
Not sure if it makes a difference at WOT, but used Track mode.

From the graph it looks like you are assuming 16% transmission loss (taking the 344 at wheel on stock). So this is giving you close to 475bhp (power at crank) on map 1 with the JB4. Is that map1 with standard unleaded fuel?
I stay away from calculating / guestimating crank power from wheel numbers. As for fuel used, it is what is branded as "high octane" in Japan, which requires "at least" RON96. The actual octane content may vary from pump to pump, and you may get RON98 or better in some places.
 
Real life EMIRA V6 measurements at the wheels using Japan (Nagoya area) pump gas. Hope this helps any V6 owners on the fence to decide what they want to do with their cars.

All done within an hour on the same day. Boost figures taken from an extra sensor attached to the supercharger (not calculated or OBD2 data). Modification is 3rd cat delete only, exhaust valve operating in OEM mode)
  • red: JB4 map 0 (OEM)
  • blue: JB4 map 1
  • green: JB4 map 2

View attachment 80358

The boost pressure sensor, and where it plugs in:
View attachment 80359
Thanks for posting this
 
Real life EMIRA V6 measurements at the wheels using Japan (Nagoya area) pump gas. Hope this helps any V6 owners on the fence to decide what they want to do with their cars.

All done within an hour on the same day. Boost figures taken from an extra sensor attached to the supercharger (not calculated or OBD2 data). Modification is 3rd cat delete only, exhaust valve operating in OEM mode)
  • red: JB4 map 0 (OEM)
  • blue: JB4 map 1
  • green: JB4 map 2

View attachment 80358

The boost pressure sensor, and where it plugs in:
View attachment 80359

Great information, thank you for sharing. These numbers are definitely in alignment with how JB4 "feels" compared to stock. I'm not surprised that there is a ~80bhp HP increase because the instant power increase when toggling on/off JB4 on the fly is significant, not just "noticeable". It truly takes the car from "this feels quick, but not altogether punchy" to outright "this is plenty of power" in my view having been running JB4 Map 2 24/7 since last summer.
 
Real life EMIRA V6 measurements at the wheels using Japan (Nagoya area) pump gas. Hope this helps any V6 owners on the fence to decide what they want to do with their cars.

All done within an hour on the same day. Boost figures taken from an extra sensor attached to the supercharger (not calculated or OBD2 data). Modification is 3rd cat delete only, exhaust valve operating in OEM mode)
  • red: JB4 map 0 (OEM)
  • blue: JB4 map 1
  • green: JB4 map 2

View attachment 80358

The boost pressure sensor, and where it plugs in:
View attachment 80359

Translating your numbers into ft lb and hp for those of us in the U.S. The metric value PS is equal to .986 HP. For comparison, I put my numbers in below yours. I had a baseline dyno done right after the break-in period when my car was completely factory stock. The JB4 Map 0 and Map 1 numbers are with an Eventuri and Aerie Ti exhaust installed, but the 3rd cat is also still installed.

I'm surprised at how low your Map 0 number is for power; a full 30 below mine. I don't see that as drivetrain loss since yours takes a big jump to Map 1. That has to be a factory tune result. The fact that you were able to get such a noticeable increase to Map 1, and a further increase to Map 2 tells me you're running at least 93 octane U.S. I can't get 93 where I live, so I only have 91 available.

Your Map 1 is within 5 hp of mine (401 vs 396) but that's with mine having an Eventuri and Ti exhaust. The biggest difference is torque. Yours stock is within 4 units of mine, but on Map 1 yours takes a huge jump, which is what you'd feel accelerating. I only gained 23 ft lb over stock while you gained 56 ft lb. That's a big difference. You've gained an additional 28 ft lbs of torque compared to what I got on Map 1, but I'm running actual 91 octane. It looks like you're just getting better fuel than I am, which is not surprising. We're getting watered down E10 where I live, and from what I'm reading it looks like it's going up to E15 beginning May 1st.

Your chart shows the same thing I noticed with mine, which is how much smoother the engine runs with the JB4. It smoothed out the dips at 4k and 6k rpm, and overall is just smoother and more consistent. Thank you for posting!


Screenshot 2026-04-21 at 8.20.58 AM.webp
 
Real life EMIRA V6 measurements at the wheels using Japan (Nagoya area) pump gas. Hope this helps any V6 owners on the fence to decide what they want to do with their cars.

All done within an hour on the same day. Boost figures taken from an extra sensor attached to the supercharger (not calculated or OBD2 data). Modification is 3rd cat delete only, exhaust valve operating in OEM mode)
  • red: JB4 map 0 (OEM)
  • blue: JB4 map 1
  • green: JB4 map 2



The boost pressure sensor, and where it plugs in:

Awesome! This is ideal dyno comparison runs, the conditions are identical and a critical thing like the boost is measured all back to back. Great info and nice work on the boost referencing!
 
Real life EMIRA V6 measurements at the wheels using Japan (Nagoya area) pump gas. Hope this helps any V6 owners on the fence to decide what they want to do with their cars.

All done within an hour on the same day. Boost figures taken from an extra sensor attached to the supercharger (not calculated or OBD2 data). Modification is 3rd cat delete only, exhaust valve operating in OEM mode)
  • red: JB4 map 0 (OEM)
  • blue: JB4 map 1
  • green: JB4 map 2

View attachment 80358

The boost pressure sensor, and where it plugs in:
View attachment 80359

Do you more info on the external boost pressure sensor adapter? I was looking for one to add as a gauge input. Ended up modifying one from a different application.
 
Wow.

That’s almost enough to make me just buy a JB4.

About the only thing I’d say is the OEM values look pretty low.
I got 380 rwhp / 442Nm on a Dynojet totally standard car.

What mode are people using for their runs?
“Sport”, “Track”?
Does it make a difference?
You are forgetting different dyno's read differently.

His runs went from 344whp to 425whp.
 

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Supporting Vendors View all →
Back
Top