Anyone received their 30 day notification yet?

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
So Tom, are these part finished cars sitting outside? if so hopefully some kind of protection? cos mine won’t be out in bad weather once I have it.
Every car produced will sit outside for a period of time at some stage of its delivery journey. Understand concerns around longer waits due to delayed parts, but I imagine that is partly why Lotus are doing all the lhd cars now so they don't have to store incomplete cars longer than necessary

Last edited:

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
So Tom, are these part finished cars sitting outside? if so hopefully some kind of protection? cos mine won’t be out in bad weather once I have it.
Lotus just like everyone else is dealing with parts shortages... I think GM has over 100K cars sitting waiting for chips.

Check out this video for the Ford Bronco

dgrace

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Lotus just like everyone else is dealing with parts shortages... I think GM has over 100K cars sitting waiting for chips.

Check out this video for the Ford Bronco

That Bronco article was from February. At least from what I see locally, Bronco deliveries are back up to speed.

Pops68

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
What ever side of the fence people want to sit, it’s all noise.
Lotus have promised a great daily drivable allrounder at a fair price, we are all having to wait longer than expected because the world is in a mess. Accept it or move on imo
Yep, most of us "adults" are just like children when we want something but have to wait for it...:) Having forums where you can vent and have little "temper tantrums" helps ease the tension. I had to wait 5 years to get my Pantera built and I was dying!! No forum or anyone to vent to so I went around and beat up on all the Vendors who seemed content to just take their sweet time on their part of the work. My builder hated me for that but he made a mistake being so afraid to lose his vendors he let them make the schedule...:) Hang in there and remember the anticipation is a big part of the experience. Some will not be able to wait and will drop out, others will finally get their car and experience a bit of a letdown simply because they built their expectations up during the long wait, but the rest of us (assuming we are still alive) are gunna have big ol smiles on our faces as we cruise in our new Emiras!!

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
That Bronco article was from February. At least from what I see locally, Bronco deliveries are back up to speed.
I hear ya, just pointing out how long and how many cars sit outside waiting to be finished, in comparison to our small amount of Emira's. There's probably a whole year production run of Emira's in that Bronco video!

OUI131

Reaction score
Yep, most of us "adults" are just like children when we want something but have to wait for it...:) Having forums where you can vent and have little "temper tantrums" helps ease the tension. I had to wait 5 years to get my Pantera built and I was dying!! No forum or anyone to vent to so I went around and beat up on all the Vendors who seemed content to just take their sweet time on their part of the work. My builder hated me for that but he made a mistake being so afraid to lose his vendors he let them make the schedule...:) Hang in there and remember the anticipation is a big part of the experience. Some will not be able to wait and will drop out, others will finally get their car and experience a bit of a letdown simply because they built their expectations up during the long wait, but the rest of us (assuming we are still alive) are gunna have big ol smiles on our faces as we cruise in our new Emiras!!
But how many times were you told, just a another month, it will be ‘soon’. 😃

Sirtreeman

Reaction score
Congratulations, great result!
Come on show off the spec just in case they have given my car away and not told me 😇😅
Engine: V6

Gearshift: Manual

Chassis : Tour

Paint: Dark Verdant

Black Pack: Lower Black Pack

Wheels: Gloss Black Ultra-lightweight V-spoke Forged Alloy Wheels

Caliper: Red

Tyres : Goodyear

Trim Level: TL6 - Black Alcantara, Grey Stitch

Steering Wheel: Black alcantara

Homelink

Vehicle Tracker

Privacy Glass : None

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Engine: V6

Gearshift: Manual

Chassis : Tour

Paint: Dark Verdant

Black Pack: Lower Black Pack

Wheels: Gloss Black Ultra-lightweight V-spoke Forged Alloy Wheels

Caliper: Red

Tyres : Goodyear

Trim Level: TL6 - Black Alcantara, Grey Stitch

Steering Wheel: Black alcantara

Homelink

Vehicle Tracker

Privacy Glass : None
Nice that should look v classy and v sporty in equal measure 👍

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
So, owing to a cancelled order I've just accepted an offer of an earlier delivery Oct/Nov. They assure me that these timescales will be met. Happy days.
Congratulations. Does that mean Oct build and Nov delivery, or delivery sometime in Oct or Nov?

Curious what your previous build month was and date of your deposit.

Spec looks great. Is that an exact match with yours or have you had to accept some compromises?

Sirtreeman

Reaction score
Congratulations. Does that mean Oct build and Nov delivery, or delivery sometime in Oct or Nov?

Curious what your previous build month was and date of your deposit.

Spec looks great. Is that an exact match with yours or have you had to accept some compromises?
Oct build/Nov Delivery
Not exact, I didnt have black pack, and had spec'd yellow calipers and yellow trim, not a million miles apart
From memory deposit was July and I didnt have a current slot

Markc

Emira Fan
Reaction score
So, owing to a cancelled order I've just accepted an offer of an earlier delivery Oct/Nov. They assure me that these timescales will be met. Happy days.
Oct build/Nov Delivery
Not exact, I didnt have black pack, and had spec'd yellow calipers and yellow trim, not a million miles apart
From memory deposit was July and I didnt have a current slot
With just a week left of September. Is anybody in the ‘September Nine’ still confident we will get our ‘check out’/30 day notification email next week?

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
A UK deposit holder posted on another forum that Lotus had just said their Oct build was now Nov. Doesn’t seem to have been a widespread message, so may just be a few rather than the whole Oct batch.

The people who’ve already done Checkout haven’t had delivery dates yet. it also sounds like people who got the Enhance/Protect email in early Sept haven’t been moved on into Checkout.

Markc

Emira Fan
Reaction score
A UK deposit holder posted on another forum that Lotus had just said their Oct build was now Nov. Doesn’t seem to have been a widespread message, so may just be a few rather than the whole Oct batch.

The people who’ve already done Checkout haven’t had delivery dates yet. it also sounds like people who got the Enhance/Protect email in early Sept haven’t been moved on into Checkout.
Ahhh. I had missed that some had actually ‘checked out’. According to my message from CS that should suggest their car is in build. 🤞