Emira Delays, when did you order and what is your new proposed delivery date?

Gibbo205

Reaction score
Hi there

So I ordered 7th July 2021 the day before Goodwood and the bulk of the orders. I was contacted last month regarding delivery info and requested home delivery which was scheduled for June 2022. I am a UK customer!

So last week people started to get emails regarding a one month delay, but the messaging was mixed with some customers claiming to have contacted customer services last week and been told their order was not impacted for whatever reason and to still expect a June delivery.

So I reached out to Scott Walker (sales director), who informed me last week ALL June deliveries would not be happening due to a delay, likely due to approval / production delay due to volume of cars sold. But some people were getting differing messages from Lotus customer service stating they would still get it in June.

Upto now I have still not had an email saying my car is delayed.....

So I called Lotus customer service this morning who said my order was delayed by a month and to expect a July delivery, at the same time I asked were any customers gonna get a car in June, like say order no.1 and the response was there will be no cars delivered in June, which corresponds with what Scott Walker told me, the customer service guy said the team had a new MEMO this morning saying that all June deliveries were now impacted and won't be until July onwards for deliveries. He also said they send emails in batches and than an email would be going out later today to majority of customers, still no email.

So I sent an email, asking if I can 100% expect a car in July as told on the phone, the response back says due to production limitations that my car will now be August delivery.

I am so hyped, so excited for Emira but this total cluster bomb of communication (lack of) has taken a lot of the excitement away for me, for messages to be so mixed from Lotus is just poor communications and it is upsetting.

Why can customers not be issued with an order number or queue number, then maybe have an order track on their website with an ETA for delivery on your car, why do they send emails in batches, why not send all the emails at once, it just seems designed to cause confusion.

I now have no idea if I am getting my car July or August, if its the latter considering I am a July 7th order, then disappointed I am.

Car spec is a V6 FE Manual, seneca blue, lower black pack, yellow calipers, silver wheels, black/yellow alcantara interior, leather wheel, tracker, none privacy glass.

Lotus has to work on the communication, these mixed messages are poor. :(

Last edited:
OP
G

Gibbo205

Reaction score
Scott just gave me a call, my car is August, ordered 7th July.
He apologised for the mixed communication but explained it is simply because they will be building less than expected in the early months, mainly due to quality control, he explained it is important that the cars are built to absolute perfection and of course the first cars built will take a little longer as they have to be perfect. Once the process is refined and perfected then of course production ability improves without impacting quality.

Now I know I am August and I know why, it is fine, it is also good to know the delay is in short to ensure quality of product, they want to deliver perfect cars and to be honest I'd rather wait another month to get a car that has been built with dedication and care and not a rushed Friday afternoon job.

I am sure the wait will be worth it, if they deliver what they are promising then it shall be a quality product that is great fun to drive.

PhilCP

Reaction score
He apologised for the mixed communication but explained it is simply because they will be building less than expected in the early months, mainly due to quality control, he explained it is important that the cars are built to absolute perfection and of course the first cars built will take a little longer as they have to be perfect. Once the process is refined and perfected then of course production ability improves without impacting quality.

Now I know I am August and I know why, it is fine, it is also good to know the delay is in short to ensure quality of product, they want to deliver perfect cars and to be honest I'd rather wait another month to get a car that has been built with dedication and care and not a rushed Friday afternoon job.

I am sure the wait will be worth it, if they deliver what they are promising then it shall be a quality product that is great fun to drive.
Good to hear but why don't they say that in the first place?
I've still not had an official email from Lotus informing me of the delay. It's only by reaching out to Lotus directly or via the forums do we get any update.
I won't be surprised if August slips to September.

xen

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score

This is the point I’ve been trying to make. The exact same delay, same situation but two very different reactions from a customer. The only difference - communication.

Chadder

Emira Fan
Reaction score

You would imagine that a large company like Lotus , would have incorporated that into their business model , when thy took orders and a deposit , then took a 2nd deposit , this all seems very strange , i feel that they are treeting us like fools , or maybe we are fools for paying a second deposit !

Maverick1

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
The way things are shaping up I'd be very surprised is anyone takes delivery of their Emira before the month of October.
With the entire city of Shanghai being locked down due to more covid nonsense, there will probably be some or many supply chain issues.
Wjo knows, we might not see any deliveries till after Christmas.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
If Scott ran official comms for Lotus we’d all be in a much clearer position. He seems to be the only one at Lotus to understand this from a customer standpoint. Why? Because he has been selling Lotus cars in a dealership, his own business or regionally/nationally for over 20 years.

freefall_junkie

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

So, does this mean all the June batch will now be August or just some of them? I was an early 7th July deposit and had the email last week saying delivery would now be July, but I am treating that with a healthy dose of scepticism.

I am actually pretty relaxed about the delay, but yet again Lotus badly need to sort their shit out on the communication front.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I was a June delivery, now been told it’s July. My deposit was April 2021, in the 100-120 UK deposits paid to dealers pre-reveal.

Other pre-reveal people seem to be June too. If the issue is slower than planned production ramp up then there will be a line where June people move to August rather than July. I suspect that’ll be for deposits after reveal, though possibly a few deposits after 6 July might be July delivery. Deposits at Goodwood look like they’ll be shifting to August onwards, so 2 months delay for some.

Chadder

Emira Fan
Reaction score
The way things are shaping up I'd be very surprised is anyone takes delivery of their Emira before the month of October.
With the entire city of Shanghai being locked down due to more covid nonsense, there will probably be some or many supply chain issues.
Wjo knows, we might not see any deliveries till after Christmas.
Who is Wjo ?
Is he the Man who knows ?

andrew6382

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
If Scott ran official comms for Lotus we’d all be in a much clearer position. He seems to be the only one at Lotus to understand this from a customer standpoint. Why? Because he has been selling Lotus cars in a dealership, his own business or regionally/nationally for over 20 years.
100%

OP
G

Gibbo205

Reaction score
So, does this mean all the June batch will now be August or just some of them? I was an early 7th July deposit and had the email last week saying delivery would now be July, but I am treating that with a healthy dose of scepticism.

I am actually pretty relaxed about the delay, but yet again Lotus badly need to sort their shit out on the communication front.

Scott told me that some cars will be built in June for July delivery, maybe around 100-200 so if you did a deposit before 7th July your probably good and then probably another 250 cars or there abouts built in July for delivery August so probably most the 7th July deposits and maybe 8th.

Delays happen especially with how big and drastic changes Lotus are going through, an all new car, a new factory so lots of delays or issues can arise to either cause delays or a rethink on early production ability.

I’m happy to wait longer to get a perfect car, the last thing any of us want is a rushed car that then has issues.

Lotus need to succeed so the customer cars have to be perfect especially the early deliveries as those are enthusiast owned by people like ourselves who will be screaming if the quality is bad.

I’m happy with August if I get a car that’s great quality and trouble free I don’t want no Friday afternoon car or rush job.

I also understand how hard and how easy a spanner in the works can cause issues as Lotus are going through huge changes.

SlavaUkraini

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I say this with no enjoyment (well a little because I will be getting my car), but I cannot believe I will end up getting my GT4 before you guys take ownership of FE Emira's here in the States.

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Scott told me that some cars will be built in June for July delivery, maybe around 100-200 so if you did a deposit before 7th July your probably good and then probably another 250 cars or there abouts built in July for delivery August so probably most the 7th July deposits and maybe 8th.

Delays happen especially with how big and drastic changes Lotus are going through, an all new car, a new factory so lots of delays or issues can arise to either cause delays or a rethink on early production ability.

I’m happy to wait longer to get a perfect car, the last thing any of us want is a rushed car that then has issues.

Lotus need to succeed so the customer cars have to be perfect especially the early deliveries as those are enthusiast owned by people like ourselves who will be screaming if the quality is bad.

I’m happy with August if I get a car that’s great quality and trouble free I don’t want no Friday afternoon car or rush job.

I also understand how hard and how easy a spanner in the works can cause issues as Lotus are going through huge changes.
. I’m 7th July 10.30 am deposit, if it’s July cool, if it’s August I’ll pay and delay registration for 1st September.

OP
G

Gibbo205

Reaction score
. I’m 7th July 10.30 am deposit, if it’s July cool, if it’s August I’ll pay and delay registration for 1st September.

Is it September 1st for the new plate?

Mine is August, if it starts getting towards end of August, I shall request the same.