Anyone received their 30 day notification yet?

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
That’s the theory. It can also mean it’s been part-built and they expect to get the shortage parts in the next 2 weeks.

I know two people who’ve completed Checkout. They’d expect to be told a delivery date about 2-3 weeks after checkout and 1-2 weeks before delivery. Neither have had that yet.

BeHappy

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
A UK deposit holder posted on another forum that Lotus had just said their Oct build was now Nov. Doesn’t seem to have been a widespread message, so may just be a few rather than the whole Oct batch.

The people who’ve already done Checkout haven’t had delivery dates yet. it also sounds like people who got the Enhance/Protect email in early Sept haven’t been moved on into Checkout.
Tom was the delivery month meant to be September or October for the 🍀 9 just trying to gauge if things are still slipping

Scruff111S

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
That’s the theory. It can also mean it’s been part-built and they expect to get the shortage parts in the next 2 weeks.

I know two people who’ve completed Checkout. They’d expect to be told a delivery date about 2-3 weeks after checkout and 1-2 weeks before delivery. Neither have had that yet.
Tom, do you know if, well currently, the timeframe for build/delivery are still on track, as per our last email, as I think you suggested in a previous post?

Jimblob

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Tom was the delivery month meant to be September or October for the 🍀 9 just trying to gauge if things are still slipping
It was supposed to be Sep build, Oct delivery… but no news my end.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Tom, do you know if, well currently, the timeframe for build/delivery are still on track, as per our last email, as I think you suggested in a previous post?
Per the other posts, things we expected to happen about emails to Sept and Oct build batches haven’t happened. Plus one example of someone being told theirs is delayed.

Nothing specific I’ve seen or heard that confirms they are on track or clearly shows it’s delayed.

Demo cars were delayed a few weeks ago from late Sept into Oct. And they wete told they may only get one demo car initially and no second showroom car for a few months.

So anecdotally it feels like it’s slipping.

Mistral

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Per the other posts, things we expected to happen about emails to Sept and Oct build batches haven’t happened. Plus one example of someone being told theirs is delayed.

Nothing specific I’ve seen or heard that confirms they are on track or clearly shows it’s delayed.

Demo cars were delayed a few weeks ago from late Sept into Oct. And they wete told they may only get one demo car initially and no second showroom car for a few months.

So anecdotally it feels like it’s slipping.
Although I'm supposed to be October build and November delivery, I'm not at all optimistic about getting a car until next year. I'd already told my wife that was the likely outcome months ago. I've mentioned before that there seems to be a priority for LHD cars and that does now seem to be the case otherwise it's difficult to comprehend why there's a problem with RHD coolant hoses, dashboards, pedal boxes, software etc, unless that's how the items were ordered. I do think that Geely have intervened here to prioritise LHD cars otherwise how can one explain it? Ultimately, it is what it is and I'll wait like almost everyone else for what I anticipate is something quite special from Lotus.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Although I'm supposed to be October build and November delivery, I'm not at all optimistic about getting a car until next year. I'd already told my wife that was the likely outcome months ago. I've mentioned before that there seems to be a priority for LHD cars and that does now seem to be the case otherwise it's difficult to comprehend why there's a problem with RHD coolant hoses, dashboards, pedal boxes, software etc, unless that's how the items were ordered. I do think that Geely have intervened here to prioritise LHD cars otherwise how can one explain it? Ultimately, it is what it is and I'll wait like almost everyone else for what I anticipate is something quite special from Lotus.
If they’d prioritised LHD cars then we’d be seeing 50-100 LHD cars a week being delivered. But we’ve seen less than 50 in a month.

I think sadly it’s about parts supply as a general problem (plus some technical and software issues), with LHD being “less bad” than RHD.

Plenty of part-built cars stockpiled at Hethel, so deliveries will depend on what shortage parts arrive first. I’m guessing that’s why the September Nine haven’t moved through to Checkout yet.

DJS

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Speaking to a contact at Hethal Lotus are comfortable that they will deliver between 400-500 cars by Xmas. So if you were in the first 800 or so phone calls to place a second deposit you have a chance of delivery by the new year. We know that they will be unable to follow deposit order but they will try and honour that where they can.

As we know there have been a few cancellations and a lot of people are waiting for the I4 so this pushes the V6 cars forward.

duff

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
If they’d prioritised LHD cars then we’d be seeing 50-100 LHD cars a week being delivered. But we’ve seen less than 50 in a month.

I think sadly it’s about parts supply as a general problem (plus some technical and software issues), with LHD being “less bad” than RHD.

Plenty of part-built cars stockpiled at Hethel, so deliveries will depend on what shortage parts arrive first. I’m guessing that’s why the September Nine haven’t moved through to Checkout yet.
I find it difficult to understand how LHD parts are more available than RHD parts.
The items being mentioned are all things I would expect to be bespoke to the Emira, dash units and pedal boxes for example. Even seemingly simple parts like coolant hoses are usually custom to a specific engine and chassis combination due to the tight packaging requirements of modern cars, and a mid engine sports car usually pushes packaging to the absolute limits.
However, the raw items to produce these components are not handed. You don’t need a particular orientation of cow for the leather on the dash and metal and plastics go where you form them.
Assuming they used the same supplier for both the LHD and RHD variants it seems odd that Lotus would find parts turning up in any order other than that which they defined.

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
We really don't know and can only speculate based on the specification of cars we are seeing completed and in customer's hands. Delays could be because of supply chain, it could be regional homologation, it could be build priority, it could be priority based on profit margins in each region... or a combination of all of these.

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Another point, unrelated, we all know the reviews have not been a total hit and preproduction cars, 96.356% ready, have been blamed as excuses instead of the actual reality that people are expecting something Lotus was never intending to deliver (although they may have implied they would for sales / marketing purposes). Well now Lotus has cars that are 100% ready to go, does it not send a slight message that no reviewer seems to be getting a few hours access to them, LHD cars in UK or EU.... to correct their opinions. The later EVO review much rumoured months ago never came about....... why?
IF Lotus thought the reviews were unfair and people's concerns/issues were really just related to the 3.644% of the car that was not "ready" yet, then surely as soon as possible they would be getting this "error" in perception of the car corrected. If as many on here hoped / suggested, Lotus was going to make some "easy" and "needed" changes to dial out the understeer and make the car turn in like a squirrel during this production delay, then surely now would be the time to prove this and get the improved reviews out there on the net.
I am not trying to bash Lotus, I think the car is fine after having driven it, and I think some of the reviewers comments were for 99% of us, out of bounds, and I feel the car is just about what Lotus expected it to be at this stage, an alternative to a Cayman GTS, which in itself is out of date by a few years now, so in theory should not have been such a hard target to aim at. In practise it was a very hard target, but that discussion has been flogged and flogged.

My point, if there is one, is that the Emira is what it is and for 90% of the orders they have, of which in turn 90% of them are not people on here, the car will be a delight. However, for the other 10%, a good few of which are on here, the car will be a close call, there wont have been any improvements made since the reviews...... and as I and others have said, it is a sum of all of the reviews to date... from harry's to Evo's, all are correct in their own way :).

Mistral

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order

Plenty of part-built cars stockpiled at Hethel, so deliveries will depend on what shortage parts arrive first. I’m guessing that’s why the September Nine haven’t moved through

Another point, unrelated, we all know the reviews have not been a total hit and preproduction cars, 96.356% ready, have been blamed as excuses instead of the actual reality that people are expecting something Lotus was never intending to deliver (although they may have implied they would for sales / marketing purposes). Well now Lotus has cars that are 100% ready to go, does it not send a slight message that no reviewer seems to be getting a few hours access to them, LHD cars in UK or EU.... to correct their opinions. The later EVO review much rumoured months ago never came about....... why?
IF Lotus thought the reviews were unfair and people's concerns/issues were really just related to the 3.644% of the car that was not "ready" yet, then surely as soon as possible they would be getting this "error" in perception of the car corrected. If as many on here hoped / suggested, Lotus was going to make some "easy" and "needed" changes to dial out the understeer and make the car turn in like a squirrel during this production delay, then surely now would be the time to prove this and get the improved reviews out there on the net.
I am not trying to bash Lotus, I think the car is fine after having driven it, and I think some of the reviewers comments were for 99% of us, out of bounds, and I feel the car is just about what Lotus expected it to be at this stage, an alternative to a Cayman GTS, which in itself is out of date by a few years now, so in theory should not have been such a hard target to aim at. In practise it was a very hard target, but that discussion has been flogged and flogged.

My point, if there is one, is that the Emira is what it is and for 90% of the orders they have, of which in turn 90% of them are not people on here, the car will be a delight. However, for the other 10%, a good few of which are on here, the car will be a close call, there wont have been any improvements made since the reviews...... and as I and others have said, it is a sum of all of the reviews to date... from harry's to Evo's, all are correct in their own way.
You clearly don't abide by Browning's 'less is more' 🤣

scoates

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Still not received checkout email, but I did send a wee message to customer care last week asking for an update. They stated my car is still definitely Sept build Oct delivery, it's all in place and everything going to plan and no further delays. "We are well on track to getting you on the road!" they said. Also said that even if the checkout email is late in coming that doesn't affect delivery times so by the sounds of it it's not an exact 30 day contact. Just have to wait and see I guess. At least things seem to still be moving along well!

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Still not received checkout email, but I did send a wee message to customer care last week asking for an update. They stated my car is still definitely Sept build Oct delivery, it's all in place and everything going to plan and no further delays. "We are well on track to getting you on the road!" they said. Also said that even if the checkout email is late in coming that doesn't affect delivery times so by the sounds of it it's not an exact 30 day contact. Just have to wait and see I guess. At least things seem to still be moving along well!
Is it not possible a play on words could be used if they do delay you...

Sorry, what we meant was "we are well on the road to getting you on our track" - day special and your car will be ready in November, like everyone else.. haha.

You must be excited!.... I think everyone here would like to receive their car and have the unpleasurable task of driving it up to and around that unpicturesque place, Scotland :).

I hope to take my car up there, if it does actually get to me in November...

fingers crossed for your car in the next few weeks!!

scoates

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I'm really looking forward to it, I just hope the weather doesn't turn too soon, I can imagine getting it and the rains on and salt on the road so straight into the garage until spring...

I live about 30 mins from the Old Military Road which Evo rate as one of the best in the UK so perfect for a first drive! I'm half tempted to opt for home delivery and collect it at the Glenshee Ski Centre haha. A bit risky though as it's on Cup 2s...

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Well hopefully you get some notice in advance of delivery.
Sounds positive though

Markc

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Similar here. I’ve emailed today to ask if we are still on for a September build.

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Similar here. I’ve emailed today to ask if we are still on for a September build.
I think these spoiled rotten sept 9 need their own thread and perhaps their own forum.. haha...

Be sure to mention Shimmey in ur next email if you dont get +ve news :)