Anyone received their 30 day notification yet?

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
2019 991.2 911 921.123 9 9 mkII 119 mkI 999.9.2 991.2.

What's the problem? ;)

It really is another language in the P car world! I had to learn it when shopping Caymans years ago.

"Oh you want a Cayman huh? 918 or 718? 2.5 4, 3.8 6, or 4.0 6? You can get the 2.5 4 and 4.0 6 with the 718 but just the GTS and GT4 has the 4.0 6. Unless you want a 918 GT4 or GTS then you get the 3.8 6, but the base and S get the 2.0 4 or the 2.5 4 respectively. There are also some GTS with the 2.5 4 but then some GTS have the 4.0 6 and sometimes the 3.8 6. Now, let's talk about options: You can spec GTS interior on non GTS, but sometimes you have to on a GTS too. Then there's PCCB, CFB, PASM, and PDK. Don't forget PTS if you want to stand out. Android Auto? No, sorry." o_O

eriegz

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
It really is another language in the P car world! I had to learn it when shopping Caymans years ago.

"Oh you want a Cayman huh? 918 or 718? 2.5 4, 3.8 6, or 4.0 6? You can get the 2.5 4 and 4.0 6 with the 718 but just the GTS and GT4 has the 4.0 6. Unless you want a 918 GT4 or GTS then you get the 3.8 6, but the base and S get the 2.0 4 or the 2.5 4 respectively. There are also some GTS with the 2.5 4 but then some GTS have the 4.0 6 and sometimes the 3.8 6. Now, let's talk about options: You can spec GTS interior on non GTS, but sometimes you have to on a GTS too. Then there's PCCB, CFB, PASM, and PDK. Don't forget PTS if you want to stand out. Android Auto? No, sorry." o_O
zach-galifianakis-math-head.gif

Markc

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I guess we should call it the "30 day (more or less)" process, as even Lotus have admitted it might be longer or shorter than 30 days. The key milestone (for UK folks) at that point is receiving the Checkout email and completing the associated steps, including signing a contract.
I chased my check out email. I got a polite holding email, assuring me everything was in-hand and they would be in contact with me……..

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score

Don't get the 918 confused with the 981 🤣
I did that once calling Porsche Silverstone Experience centre.
"Hello Sir what car do you drive"
"Oh OK Sir I'm going to have to see if that is available"
- Really?????
"Yes we only have one and it's not always available"
- One you only have ONE!????
"Yes Sir apologies I cannot confirm it for you now, but I will get it sorted for you and call you back"
- OK... thank you
"No problem Sir the 918 is a beautiful car do you have the Weissach Pack on yours?"
- ......... Errr......... ☺️ did I say 918, sorry I meant 981 😂

002-Collecting-Cars-Porsche-918-1068x601.jpg

Last edited:

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Don't get the 918 confused with the 981 🤣
I did that once calling Porsche Silverstone Experience centre.
"Hello Sir what car do you drive"
"Oh OK Sir I'm going to have to see if that is available"
- Really?????
"Yes we only have one and it's not always available"
- One you only have ONE!????
"Yes Sir apologies I cannot confirm it for you now, but I will get it sorted for you and call you back"
- OK... thank you
"No problem Sir the 918 is a beautiful car do you have the Weissach Pack on yours?"
- ......... Errr......... ☺️ did I say 918, sorry I meant 981 😂

View attachment 9163

But you can get the 918 carbon fiber buckets in the 981s!

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
I chased my check out email. I got a polite holding email, assuring me everything was in-hand and they would be in contact with me……..
Probably tomorrow I will send an email and ask why I have not got an email explaining why I don't have the email explaining why you have an email saying that you will get an email which comes in the series of check out emails and yet my email box is empty regarding the email as to the delivery system (email) of my car.

Tommyboy1986

Emira Fan
Reaction score
It may take a while for a reply. They'll be busy today dealing with all the questions from people asking whether they are a customer and does Matt's pricing promise apply to them :)
How many cars do you think they will
Build and deliver by Christmas .. just a stab in the dark? Be kinda cool to know we are in the first 400-500-800-1000 cars world wide ??

CDM1855

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
If I can find a way of delaying my car till March or April I’d be happy to do that,

Perhaps insist on a colour, seat and wheel change that would facilitate the five or six months delay. Still haven’t seen actual Seneca blue car that I’ve put my money down on. A trip to Hethel or B&C maybe needed in the next coupe of weeks. Nimbus and magma Red are starting to look decent alternatives and could be worth the wait

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
How many cars do you think they will
Build and deliver by Christmas .. just a stab in the dark? Be kinda cool to know we are in the first 400-500-800-1000 cars world wide ??
I reckon 500-700 depending on how quickly they get the shortage parts for the cars already built and sat waiting to be finished.

SmokeGlider

Reaction score
When you buy a car from Lotus must be too much to hope for to be given adequate notice and know what date your car will be arriving - feel like I’ve ordered a car from some backstreet dealer not a blue chip manufacturer - I’ve purchased plenty new cars over the years never has a company disappointed on so many levels ! Yes have my grumpy pants 🩲 on as will Lotus ever delight……., I won’t hold my breath
Have you by chance ever bought a Tesla?

BeHappy

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Have you by chance ever bought a Tesla?
Lol no sorry think they are not beautiful looking cars 🚗 so also not a good buying / customer experience I take it …
I am hopeful when this car comes or that I take my 💰 elsewhere I may get my life back and not checking the forum every 5 mins for a morsel of information as alas I have become an addict over these long lonely 😩 months being in solitary confinement with only the forum to keep me warm and sustained- My utilities is £7.5k annum so I am literally kept in the dark on all levels 💡 😜

CDM1855

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Things not looking positive, I’m due to be October build and I just received the following email

Dear XXXX

Emira, highly purposeful and highly practical.

It’s everything you’d expect from a Lotus, but like nothing you’d expect.

As a valued Emira customer in the coming weeks, you will be updated on more Emira features and highlights. In the meantime, if you have any questions please visit our FAQ or contact our dedicated Lotus Customer Care team.

Link to a video

Jon_N

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Things not looking positive, I’m due to be October build and I just received the following email

Dear XXXX

Emira, highly purposeful and highly practical.

It’s everything you’d expect from a Lotus, but like nothing you’d expect.

As a valued Emira customer in the coming weeks, you will be updated on more Emira features and highlights. In the meantime, if you have any questions please visit our FAQ or contact our dedicated Lotus Customer Care team.

Link to a video

This is a standard mailer… received same…