Anyone received their 30 day notification yet?

Scruff111S

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Just visited the Jaguar Land Rover plant in Halewood. I had visited before when I witnessed cars being driven out the production facility. Today it was very quiet. When I asked why no production today, i was told there has been no production for the whole of September. The reason im told was parts supply issues. Sounds familiar 🤔

Exige2000

Reaction score
Things not looking positive, I’m due to be October build and I just received the following email

Dear XXXX

Emira, highly purposeful and highly practical.

It’s everything you’d expect from a Lotus, but like nothing you’d expect.

As a valued Emira customer in the coming weeks, you will be updated on more Emira features and highlights. In the meantime, if you have any questions please visit our FAQ or contact our dedicated Lotus Customer Care team.

Link to a video

Yes just received same email , this is the first email i have ever received directly from LCC without me asking any questions !
I saw email in my inbox and got all exited for about five seconds !!!!!!

Twin Cam

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Come on getting an email saying in the coming weeks we are going to updated on more Emira features and highlights- doesn’t really cut it does it, sent at wrong time.
There is no way a two seater car can be called Highly practical
- is CS high on something or lets wind up our long suffering deposit holders get them unnecessarily excited then deflate them not the news we are all anxiously waiting for is it 🤭🤣
What did make me laugh let’s point out features that are taking as a given on even basic priced car 🤣Maybe the next email will highlight the cup holders 🤣
I agree with you, but it’s a start. The past delays and comms have been very frustrating, but I am starting to get the feeling it’s finally coming together

Ian C

Reaction score
Yes good to get something, all signs that everything is on track but will not be sure until we start to see cars going to dealers for demo and people start getting calls.

AGP

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Just visited the Jaguar Land Rover plant in Halewood. I had visited before when I witnessed cars being driven out the production facility. Today it was very quiet. When I asked why no production today, i was told there has been no production for the whole of September. The reason im told was parts supply issues. Sounds familiar 🤔
Tell me about it, I've had an F pace on order since Nov 21, Was told a build Date of June, then 3 weeks before my build date it was cancelled and I had to reorder a MY23 spec. Thankfully I got away with not paying the £5K increase because my car was so close to it's build date, new date was start of Sept, then end of Sept, Oct and about a month ago I was informed that it would be Feb 2023🙈.

I've never been particularly patient when waiting for cars previously and never waited more than about 3 months, but between the Emira and the F pace, I'm a changed man :D

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I feel left out i haven't received the email and I was/am in October build.
Tell me about it, I've had an F pace on order since Nov 21, Was told a build Date of June, then 3 weeks before my build date it was cancelled and I had to reorder a MY23 spec. Thankfully I got away with not paying the £5K increase because my car was so close to it's build date, new date was start of Sept, then end of Sept, Oct and about a month ago I was informed that it would be Feb 2023🙈.

I've never been particularly patient when waiting for cars previously and never waited more than about 3 months, but between the Emira and the F pace, I'm a changed man :D
no wonder the used car market is so buoyant - its a better investment then the stock market...

BeHappy

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
For commercial defender you still can’t order the jump seat and other bits n pieces 😕 so things not improving there as it’s been like that for a heck of a long time

Toomanyloti

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I feel left out i haven't received the email and I was/am in October build.

no wonder the used car market is so buoyant - its a better investment then the stock market...
I got the email Tony and I'm in same/similar 'group' build/delivery dates as you based on previous emails from LCCare

DJS

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I spoke with LCC today and they said we are still on track for the Oct/Nov deliveries and that there are a mixture of transmitions going out in the Oct/Nov batch.

So all looks good if you are locked in this batch.

Scruff111S

Emira Fiend
Reaction score

I know what you mean. I only had to wait for 3 months for my Caterham in kit form to arrive. My S2 111S Elise, I test drove it one day then collected it the next day. I put my name and deposit down in October 2019 as I had a tip off that something was happening at Hethel. 3 years later and still no car in my garage. I am like you not the most patient person in the world so it is getting a bit of a pain now.

JohnHoward

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I spoke with LCC today and they said we are still on track for the Oct/Nov deliveries and that there are a mixture of transmitions going out in the Oct/Nov batch.

So all looks good if you are locked in this batch.
I am in this batch with an auto gearbox, so it is good news to hear that both gearbox types are included. Lotus still don't have Type Approval for the auto (as far as I can find out), so let's hope they get that resolved quickly now to avoid further delays.

DJS

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I am in this batch with an auto gearbox, so it is good news to hear that both gearbox types are included. Lotus still don't have Type Approval for the auto (as far as I can find out), so let's hope they get that resolved quickly now to avoid further delays.
They still have over 2 months before the end of November so fingers crossed.

Scruff111S

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Just thinking. This Email, and others to follow seemingly, from Lotus telling us about the features and practicalities of the Emira. Is this just for us to pass the time till we get our cars? Don't they realise we have had more than sufficient time to read the online manual from cover to cover many times. So I think we are very familiar with the car by now.

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Just thinking. This Email, and others to follow seemingly, from Lotus telling us about the features and practicalities of the Emira. Is this just for us to pass the time till we get our cars? Don't they realise we have had more than sufficient time to read the online manual from cover to cover many times. So I think we are very familiar with the car by now.
I think its a good filler to let us know they still recognise us as customers. I'd like some more detail say on the KEF audio, how it was designed for an Emira. Not much worried about heated rear windows and mirrors.

Jon_N

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Plus, it will be sent to all people on their listing including some people who signed up last week!
Ridiculous to think there’s a any malice to the delay… to be honest they could have increased the price by £10k minimum based on raw materials increases… it’s a cheap car for the money

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
If I can find a way of delaying my car till March or April I’d be happy to do that,

Perhaps insist on a colour, seat and wheel change that would facilitate the five or six months delay. Still haven’t seen actual Seneca blue car that I’ve put my money down on. A trip to Hethel or B&C maybe needed in the next coupe of weeks. Nimbus and magma Red are starting to look decent alternatives and could be worth the wait
2 things to say... firstly and most importantly, I am also down for seneca.. and magma, I have seen them and when I sell one of the two cars, the Seneca one will certainly be the one I feel I would regret selling, its a great Colour.
Magma is very similar to a volvo deepish red and looks good...... but not amazing. Also those in the know, as investments, buy the cars the company does most of its publicity with... selling prices generally reflect that (at least thats what Doug M says and does).
To delay your car, can I suggest you find the supplier of the water bottle caps and you put in a cash order of 10,000.... that will slow your order down nicely for several months ;). Trouble is it will slow everyone else's down too.. hah

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com

Latest posts