Anyone received their 30 day notification yet?

scoates

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I

I think ‘the September nine’ are about to become part of ‘the October 409!’

Wouldn't surprise me either! But I still hold onto the hope... I've been telling people "I hope to hear more next week" for months now, but I really feel like this week or next will be the one! Sometime  soon anyways...

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Well hopefully you get some notice in advance of delivery.
Sounds positive though
The EU dealers mostly got 24 hours notice of their cars arriving. Their customers were given rough indications of dates a few weeks ahead but those dates turned out not to be accurate. I think we're definitely in "it arrives when it arrives" mode at the moment.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Similar here. I’ve emailed today to ask if we are still on for a September build.
It may take a while for a reply. They'll be busy today dealing with all the questions from people asking whether they are a customer and does Matt's pricing promise apply to them :)

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Wouldn't surprise me either! But I still hold onto the hope... I've been telling people "I hope to hear more next week" for months now, but I really feel like this week or next will be the one! Sometime  soon anyways...
I think you will get it in october.... and it will be built week 1! lets be +ve... :)

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
The EU dealers mostly got 24 hours notice of their cars arriving. Their customers were given rough indications of dates a few weeks ahead but those dates turned out not to be accurate. I think we're definitely in "it arrives when it arrives" mode at the moment.
Doesn't bode well if you are selling a car and not part exchanging.
It is what it is though I guess. I'm more concerned about getting a test drive next month to be honest before they call 📞

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Oh man, I can not wait for your test drive review haha
I actually think (hope) I'm going to be pleasantly suprised and its going to unleash emotions I haven't felt since 1980 and the first time I saw Commander Deering, watching Buck Rogers in the 25th Century 🚀

egray.jpg

Last edited:

Yachtie

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I was told a few weeks ago October build, November delivery heard nothing since so followed up by email last week. Had below reply today which indicates all still on track, but still leaves them with a 30 day window!. Lets's see................

Before anyone asks I was Thursday of Goodwood deposit! :)

Thank you for your email.

I can confirm there are no further delays on production, we are well on track to get you on the road!
Your Emira is scheduled for production in October and will follow with a November delivery.

Once your vehicle is in production you will be invited via email to our checkout process. You will receive an encrypted link to be able to view your order. During the checkout process you will be guided through your final agreement, any PCP if you wish to apply, ID checks and great range of optional extras such as paint protection. You will also be offered delivery or collection options. Once this is completed and verified we will be in touch to arrange delivery of your Emira!

prestonc

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I think these spoiled rotten sept 9 need their own thread and perhaps their own forum.. haha...

Be sure to mention Shimmey in ur next email if you dont get +ve news :)
I'm not spoilt, I've worked hard to be in the September 9.
Being the get away driver, is obviously fun, but I was always doing the hard work, both before, and after each job. I had to hide, dispose of, camouflage the vehicle. I never got to wear the stocking. Don't even mention the piece I carried. The others had all the fun, while I worked my wing nuts off to be part of this gang.
I was promised part of the spoils, now it doesn't look like there are any spoils to be had.

BeHappy

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
When you buy a car from Lotus must be too much to hope for to be given adequate notice and know what date your car will be arriving - feel like I’ve ordered a car from some backstreet dealer not a blue chip manufacturer - I’ve purchased plenty new cars over the years never has a company disappointed on so many levels ! Yes have my grumpy pants 🩲 on as will Lotus ever delight……., I won’t hold my breath

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
If this thread reaches 100 pages and NO ONE HAS RECEIVED THEIR 30 DAY NOTIFICATION..... or more over their car,
I'll be bloody annoyed at all the time wasted checking it.....
Pay attention! rs200evo was the first forum member to get a Checkout email (30 day notice) back on page 80:

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
When you buy a car from Lotus must be too much to hope for to be given adequate notice and know what date your car will be arriving - feel like I’ve ordered a car from some backstreet dealer not a blue chip manufacturer - I’ve purchased plenty new cars over the years never has a company disappointed on so many levels ! Yes have my grumpy pants 🩲 on as will Lotus ever delight……., I won’t hold my breath
These first EU customer deliveries do look like they were only ones and twos of cars. It's not like we've seen a steadily growing number in Europe since those first half dozen.

I expect for the UK cars they aren't going to tell anyone their specific delivery date until the car has completed build and is then scheduled for PDI and a date to go onto a transporter round.

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
...another 10 were you discussing your love for the 718 Spyder 😬
Obviously 10 wasnt enough!
You obviously weren't listening or just switched off as tired of hearing about it..... BUT it's the 981 Spyder 🥰
The 718 has the same chassis as the GT4 so is too harsh on my local roads. Plus the 718 is still carrying a massive premium which simply isn't worth paying. And did I mention the exhaust note on the 981 being sooo much sweeter than the 718. Need I go on? 🥰😅

NicolasB

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Obviously 10 wasnt enough!
You obviously weren't listening or just switched off as tired of hearing about it..... BUT it's the 981 Spyder 🥰
The 718 has the same chassis as the GT4 so is too harsh on my local roads. Plus the 718 is still carrying a massive premium which simply isn't worth paying. And did I mention the exhaust note on the 981 being sooo much sweeter than the 718. Need I go on? 🥰😅
Yes yes, I always screw up their stupid numbering systems! I knew it was the 981, as you had me looking at them for a bit :)

...working on the 11th page here :LOL:

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Pay attention! rs200evo was the first forum member to get a Checkout email (30 day notice) back on page 80:
ahh must have missed it in between the other 96 pages.. haha..
also, until there is a date.. im not buying that the email was 30 days ;)

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I guess we should call it the "30 day (more or less)" process, as even Lotus have admitted it might be longer or shorter than 30 days. The key milestone (for UK folks) at that point is receiving the Checkout email and completing the associated steps, including signing a contract.