Anyone received their 30 day notification yet?

James DG

Reaction score
That's helpful. They won't give out that info when you call them. It was similar at Goodwood - laptop of info and very helpful staff but then info not available if you called LCC afterwards. Maybe I have to drive over to Concours and find out! Your deposit was at B&C at the same time as me and sixth Lotus for me. Was your invitation from Lotus or B&C?
No invitation although I was going anyway. My point was that an invite from Lotus would have been a nice touch. Again though, they were very helpful on the stand. Spent a fair bit of time with me.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Ah, my misunderstanding. They invited Eletre deposit holders to Goodwood. I agree some sort of gesture from Lotus or the dealers would be welcome in light of the delays. B&C sent Lotus key rings out to their deposit holders - it doesn't need to be lavish, just thoughtful.

I've always found the LCC staff at events to be very helpful, even taking note of questions they can't answer and then emailing afterwards once they find the answer.

Ian C

Reaction score
Back at the beginning of August I emailed CS , saying that we all understood the delays but that the lack of comms was poor. They apologised and said my email would be sent to to ' Senior Management', they looked forward to getting demo cars to UK dealers by the' end of the month'. Fast forward to 2nd week in September and still no communication, demos and possibly customer cars being delivered in Europe. Surely someone in Hethel could send a monthly email out with an update, this week could have been ...''fantastic to see cars heading to Europe .. there's been a delay on UK demo cars but we hope to have them in xx weeks. , thanks for your patience , in the meantime here's some pics of the cars being delivered, it will definitely be worth the wait''
Too much to ask ?

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Discussion on Stino's visit to see the Hethel Yellow dealer demo at Jacobs Sportscars in Germany has been moved to here:

NicolasB

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I was just texting with my dealer and he said he has heard nothing so far from Lotus regarding demos coming to the states. He assured me that as soon as he heard from headquarters that he would let all of his depositors know.

Toomanyloti

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Apparently the major delays are being caused by the supply of coolant hoses running back and forth to the rad.

This came from what i can only describe (but cant verify) as a very reliable source within Lotus. No other items were mentioned. It came second hand to me via a casual conversation with a friend and I don't have a return path to this contact is was a casual meeting.

No idea whether this is across both models either.

This is defo not a retro fit job as both Exige and Esprit have same and they are a pig to get to!!!

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Apparently the major delays are being caused by the supply of coolant hoses running back and forth to the rad.

This came from what i can only describe (but cant verify) as a very reliable source within Lotus. No other items were mentioned. It came second hand to me via a casual conversation with a friend and I don't have a return path to this contact is was a casual meeting.

This is defo not a retro fit job as both Exige and Esprit have same and they are a pig to get to!!!
Good intel would this affect only RHD cars or both LHD and RHD?

Scruff111S

Emira Fiend
Reaction score

So does this mean they are waiting on one supplier for these hoses? This makes no sence. Surely there are more than one supplier Lotus could contact for hoses. If I am right, the original plan was to start production in February, given my Emira was due to be delivered in March. So that mean 7 months of virtually no production. This must be a massive loss of revenue for Lotus. And a lot of bad feeling from deposit holders. Please Lotus, contact every supplier on the planet to get these parts in and get these cars built

Toomanyloti

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Good intel would this affect only RHD cars or both LHD and RHD?
got to be both I would think. Just guessing but oil will go up and down one side and the water on the other. Cant see any reason it would be mirrored for the cars on the 'wrong' side of the road......(or a different part no for LHD/RHD) 🤷‍♂️

rs200evo

Reaction score
I just received my 'Checkout' email following the Enhance & Protect one a couple of weeks ago, so looks like another step closer. Completed this process so I guess the next step is payment and collection!

Checkout.png