Anyone received their 30 day notification yet?

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
My dealer is keeping me nicely up to date on what is going on. Same for NL Geely headquarters.
My expectation/information is:
- Dealer demo car arriving late September
- My car arriving November (only jumped 1 month from original delivery date)
You can hold me to that.

Has anyone anticipated that it could also be smart for Lotus to wait out a few months and get another year of homologation for Emira, as cars produced from August onwards are considered MY2023 cars and this has an effect on the duration of homologation? I don't know the details and if this is true, but could make a lot of sense, especially as some parts are hard to get.
thats a much nicer post :).. not hard to be nice......haha.
I was told by EU Sales Head
"The order is currently showing as November build – however, as you can imagine, this is subject to change."

but that was before UK car was delayed officially, ie about 3 weeks ago .... So I dont know if you or I will be getting cars in November.... its true they can build them in parallel to UK cars though, but we shall see.

Glad your dealer is telling you things, in general they are not, as they are not being told themselves...

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
You just opened an interesting angle for the possible deliveries.

And worse case scenario, ask individually the early depositors if they would be willing to accept this "not totally finished" delivery, instead of moving their spot to a later stage without any explanation.

I wouldn't be saying this three years ago, but the world has changed so much and unfortunately we need to adapt to "I don't know what"
yes.... I guess it opens a can of worms doing this, but maybe a can of worms is better than a saucepan on eels.

thats quite nice...if I do say so myself

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
I am starting to get excited again now - demo cars arriving in dealers soon, then we can all go test a few other comparables and realise we wasted the last 18 months waiting....
Already done that, why Im at the apathy stage ;) I cant let it go at this point though until ive had the test drive.... blame the emotional investment of the past 15 months

Last edited:

Tommyboy1986

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Already done that, why Im at the apathy stage ;) I cant let it go at this point though until ive had the test drive.... blame the emotional investment of the past 15 months
You was never going to buy one you love Porsche all to much 😉 go get another boxster and be happy 🤣

Tommyboy1986

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I promise that when I first dropped my deposit on the Emira early last July I was genuinely excited! 😊
I'm still hoping for a test drive miracle 🙏
I know mate I’m playing ! Fingers crossed you enjoy it , if not I’m sure you will get another decent motor to blast about in 👌🏽

OP
J

jpizzle

Emira Fan
Reaction score
With it being September 1st, (although unlikely) there is the potential for some customers to begin receiving notification that their Emiras will be ready within the next 30 days.

In the latest set of comms, who is September build, October handover?

I myself am (currently) October build, November handover, so just curious to know who is likely to be contacted in September.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
With it being September 1st, (although unlikely) there is the potential for some customers to begin receiving notification that their Emiras will be ready within the next 30 days.

In the latest set of comms, who is September build, October handover?

I myself am (currently) October build, November handover, so just curious to know who is likely to be contacted in September.
There are at least 7 people on here with Sept build and Oct delivery.

Scruff111S

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I'm October delivery
Yes me aswell. So does that mean we will be getting the 30-day notice this month. Also, Tom did say that, ie, September build October delivery, but in reality it would be 1-2 weeks after build. Is this still the case?

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
No one knows. Lotus were saying assume delivery is the month after your build month. But possibly some will be built early in the month and delivered later the same month.

We don’t know how Lotus are batching cars out to the PDI centre or how they are batching delivery to Hethel, dealers, customers.

Scruff111S

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Remind me when your deposit was. You’re now ahead of me for delivery. I thought you were Oct build and Nov delivery?
Just for your reference Tom, my 1st deposit was October 2019, originally told March 2022 delivery, now October delivery.

KJD

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
My last email says “October production“. No mention of November delivery.

So I’m clinging to the hope of the implied October delivery.

Fully prepared for that hope to be cruelly dashed, like all the hopes before. 🥲

(June ‘21 deposit, although not sure how relevant that is anymore)

Last edited: