Anyone received their 30 day notification yet?

Citizen

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Received notice today from Lotus stating they have finished some customer cars.

I received this same letter on 19th August

October production on Dubai delivery

grahamgreen

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Geely must be getting a little nervous too. The line up at lotus consists of three cars of which one is way out of reach for many and the other two not readily available.

Finances have to be stretched along with share holder nerve

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
The one that’s way out of reach was launched in July 2019 and hasn’t had a single delivery to a customer either, 3 years later.

eriegz

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
The one that’s way out of reach was launched in July 2019 and hasn’t had a single delivery to a customer either, 3 years later.
That's par for the course at that level... Rimac first unveiled their "Nevera" electric hypercar back in 2018, and the first customer delivery only took place a couple of weeks ago. So, call that 4 years.

Then there's the Aston Martin Valkyrie: first unveiled back in 2016, first customer delivery this month too, so a 6 year wait there.

Last edited:

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
That's par for the course at that level... Rimac first unveiled their "Nevera" electric hypercar back in 2018, and the first customer delivery only took place a couple of weeks ago. So, call that 4 years.

Then there's the Aston Martin Valkyrie: first unveiled back in 2016, first customer delivery this month too, so a 6 year wait there.
At least Rimac gave theirs a name that reflected when it might be built - this year, next year, sometime, Nevera.

The name of the Lotus EV hypercar is presumably pronounced "ever? - aah - yeh" ;)

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score

yes I think what they do is design a "dream" see who wants it.... and then see if it can by any chance be made haha..
Mercedes AMG hyper-car similar delays.......
I cant say I feel too sorry for the buyers, for them its one of many many toys they have which will hardly ever see the light of day, same as the footballers earning millions a year.... it went way past crazy years ago and wont stop there, it will soon be hyper - crazy

hagen111

Emira Fan
Reaction score
First produced cars are going to Belgian’s who ordered a year after everyone else did, apparently !!!
This for sure is going to happen...if you were Geely, would you:

A. Stack up a pile of Emira's on an island that separated itself from rest of the World to owners who are whining about every little effort made to get cars finished?
B. Or distribute Emira's more evenly around the world in more important future markets for the brands electric vehicles?

So you can bet the EU markets will see (a few) cars delivered at the same time as UK...to owners who made deposits much later in time. If I would be Geely I would 100% go for option B, as option A is total non-sense business wise.

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Any bets when the first phone call will actually be made!........... September starts tomorrow!.................
I said a month ago or so, I dont believe anyone will get their car in October. In the end, they may for kudos, whats actually left of the possibility of getting some, try to get a couple out the door, but most on here promised october deliveries I believe will be left wanting.
In fact, I almost feel another CS email coming out in Setpember speaking of a further delay...
HOWEVER, IF, UK dealers get most of their cars in the next 10-14 days (1 month late), I withhold the right to alter my negative prediction and say how wonderful Lotus are.... as I potentially have to fly all the way back again to drive it, which I guess I would not bother doing.

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score

A. Stack up a pile of Emira's on an island that separated itself from rest of the World to owners who are whining about every little effort made to get cars finished?
B. Or distribute Emira's more evenly around the world in more important future markets for the brands electric vehicles?

So you can bet the EU markets will see (a few) cars delivered at the same time as UK...to owners who made deposits much later in time. If I would be Geely I would 100% go for option B, as option A is total non-sense business wise.
you must know an answer was coming to that.. haha..
A. I dont believe only people in the UK are whining, various people from the US / Australia etc are "whining" and in fact some from the US have cancelled their orders and let us know about it in no uncertain fashion, being obnoxious and rude in other words. Common sense tells you on here there should be more UK people "Whining" / talking / complaining as there are more people from the UK on here than anywhere else. How many from NL on here to show a fair representation of whether your fellow countryman would be similarly "whining"?
In addition, I dont recall seeing anyone whining about any "effort to get the cars finished" as I simply have not seen this effort to get the cars finished, whether out of their hands or not, what extra effort has there been? What do you know that us "whiners" dont? Where to my logic, effort to get the cars finished is sending a delegation to parts suppliers in China or wherever to see what can be done, looking for temporary alternate solutions, perhaps sending the first cars out with the wrong washer bottle cover and a few carpets missing, IF customers are willing to accept that instead of another 2 3 4 month wait and then getting such things corrected later. I for one would have no problem, with a safe, but "unfinished" car.
What people, NOT just UK, are complaining about is the CS and you know this to be the case as I suspect you, if your car is ordered in the EU< have not received ANY communication from Lotus re the delays and I doubt your dealer has said much either as he doesnt know much, apart from what his intuition tells him. I have direct contact with the head for EU sales and there has been no official email from the order point to my knowledge, or correct me if I am wrong. Is this what people in NL accept, I think not, as with all due respect, your culture is quite a bit more direct than in the UK, but maybe thats just a feeling I get from your post ;).

B. I dont believe the EU on its own is larger, or even close to the size of the UK's Emira market due to the very high taxes, which in the NL you know more than most. I realise you talk about EV's, but without a good reputation based on the EMIRA, the EV future market is in the balance, who would buy a 100k Lotus EV based on Exige, Evora and Elises, all with very poor build quality and yes I speak from experience. LOTUS does not have a good reputation worldwide, in the US they are a joke, in the EU they are at best a be different car, a stand out from the crowd in some way or other car.
So for EV products to work worldwide, they needed to fix this, hence the Emira and hopefully their great lengths and investment in QC, never before seen on a Lotus product, where right from the factory one could expect problems, I had several.

The UK is also home to all the best motoring magazines in the world and dare I say it, car TV shows, or how many EU car shows are exported all over the world or franchised, copied etc.
So, I am NO brexiteer and I am sure 90% UK people on this forum are not either, but LOTUS know the importance of the UK for its products and I would say, without the UK as a platform for the Emira, I dont think they would have even introduced it at all, the risk would have been enormous. They need it to be well received in the UK!!! And then get it to other markets.
Unfortunately, NO market's customers or dealers are being treated professionally or courteously.
Im willing to bet my Lotus Emira that no EU customer will get their car before the first UK customers, in fact, I'd bet no EU customer will get their car before the first 50/100 UK cars are delivered. I am in the first 35 UK customers (supposedly) and in the first 10 EU customers, so we shall see if I am right and which decision Geely make
Sorry for the slightly agressive reply, but your post was far more aggressive and insulting in IMHO and us whining Brits dont tend to take such aggression lying down... just look at our road rage.. haha

Mistral

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order

Good then that this separate island has been pumping gas at high pressure to your country over the summer because your federal government made the rather obvious mistake in relying upon a rogue nation for their supplies, from which they cannot easily extricate themselves. Good too that this separate island has been there in your time of need in the last century, when everyone else had capitulated, so that you have the freedom which you currently enjoy.

If you followed the threads you would see that the 'whining' is really about the poor communications rather than the lack of completed cars.

#For the blinkered

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Now now let's not forget who the common 'enemy' is 😉😅
They are trying to divide us through miscommunication (zero communication?) lol
I've completely moved on to the apathy stage now, I may as well be in NL smoking a pancake 🥞
I care that little about it all.

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Now now let's not forget who the common 'enemy' is 😉😅
They are trying to divide us through miscommunication (zero communication?) lol
I've completely moved on to the apathy stage now, I may as well be in NL smoking a pancake 🥞
I care that little about it all.
Well said, Mr Cancelling-my-order Guy.
It's all backwards, er sideways.
I'm so confused.
Can you really smoke a pancake?
Not sure if I should be hungry.

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Well said, Mr Cancelling-my-order Guy.
It's all backwards, er sideways.
I'm so confused.
Can you really smoke a pancake?
Not sure if I should be hungry.
Well possibly no. But I didn't want to say smoke AND a pancake.... Don't look it up on urban dictionary

hagen111

Emira Fan
Reaction score
if your car is ordered in the EU< have not received ANY communication from Lotus re the delays and I doubt your dealer has said much either as he doesnt know much, apart from what his intuition tells him.
Sorry for the slightly agressive reply, but your post was far more aggressive and insulting in IMHO and us whining Brits dont tend to take such aggression lying down... just look at our road rage.. haha

My dealer is keeping me nicely up to date on what is going on. Same for NL Geely headquarters.
My expectation/information is:
- Dealer demo car arriving late September
- My car arriving November (only jumped 1 month from original delivery date)
You can hold me to that.

Has anyone anticipated that it could also be smart for Lotus to wait out a few months and get another year of homologation for Emira, as cars produced from August onwards are considered MY2023 cars and this has an effect on the duration of homologation? I don't know the details and if this is true, but could make a lot of sense, especially as some parts are hard to get.

Bilbao-Emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Where to my logic, effort to get the cars finished is sending a delegation to parts suppliers in China or wherever to see what can be done, looking for temporary alternate solutions, perhaps sending the first cars out with the wrong washer bottle cover and a few carpets missing, IF customers are willing to accept that instead of another 2 3 4 month wait and then getting such things corrected later. I for one would have no problem, with a safe, but "unfinished" car.

Bilbao-Emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
You just opened an interesting angle for the possible deliveries.

I talked to "our" dealer in Spain yesterday, regarding any news about the calendar.

They don't have new information for the schedule, they are like us waiting to see when Lotus starts delivering first cars.

Mine was supposed to be July delivery, then September build, lately October build, and on top of that the info about extra delays for Auto came in.

Regarding the latest, new info is that probably what is delaying extra the Autos is just the paddles, to which we commented that if it's the only thing they have missing, shouldn't be necessary to extra delay the car, just send it as is and dealer can install the paddles at a later stage when they are available.
I wouldn't mind and I think most of us in here would accept a little compromise to see the cars rolling and it would be beneficial for Lotus, to get as much cash flowing in as soon as possible, instead of having 99% built cars in stock waiting for small details that do not affect the car itself or the image of the Company if they can be easily installed by the dealers.

And worse case scenario, ask individually the early depositors if they would be willing to accept this "not totally finished" delivery, instead of moving their spot to a later stage without any explanation.

I wouldn't be saying this three years ago, but the world has changed so much and unfortunately we need to adapt to "I don't know what"