Quick U.S. Update

ksegg

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Not sure if this is helpful to anyone, but I did get an update from a Lotus dealer in Connecticut I was thinking about placing an order with (but ended up ordering in Atlanta, where I live).

It provides a helpful U.S. timeline.

jDsyPEAw0yI0R7fImPDbgx9_kU-POutFcGd8Pc6MZur1jMWPDj9pl9cjCOnrNXrgQ4zaGb1sOnXUVIdoLbXwHV4VlBU1s9VQoZgTqVOXzXw_X98W3UbCWQEAlEV-drCJ3FbN3H2Z9W1khKqQJ9qHv8b2_Ss=s0-d-e1-ft

Welcome Lotus Emira Depositors and Prospective Customers!

Thank you all so much for your patience and excitement while we get ready for the launch of the 2022 Lotus Emira. Allocations for the First Edition V6 have been announced.

We have been given an allocation of 14 First Edition V6's. Those who were numbers #1-#14 will be notified separately and given build instructions.
The last First Edition will be made at the end of 2022, with base V6 production beginning 1st quarter 2023. This is months and months earlier than initially expected.

What this means; we will not be able to fill any V6 First Edition orders past #14, but we WILL be able to satisfy almost all customers #14 and on, with base V6 deliveries mid-to-end of 2023 and continuing into 2024.

AMG I4 First Edition Depositors:

Your production will run side by side to the V6 base production starting 1st quarter 2023 and we are accepting Pre-orders at this time. The configurator will be updated for this for an actual configuration in the coming months.

DEMO:

The 1st V6 FE we will receive will be our demo. It should be here September - October 2022. We will have an event by invitation for all of you to come down and experience the Emira for the first time.

We are so excited to join you on this journey. Feel free to reach out any time. Moving forward you will be getting consistent updates from both myself and Lotus.

Thank you.

Regards,
Bear Dalton - Secor Lotus New London, CT.

TXEMIRA

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
This is where we buy stock in popcorn as we will be watching #15 ask around to other dealerships…

(Fictitious Example)
“So you got 10 allocations and #10 put their deposit in on 8/1. My dealer, equidistant to my home as your location, got 14 allocations and I was #15 having placed my deposit on 7/14.”
(Fictitious Example)

This sad example will likely play out a few different times here.

#ForThePopcorn

DF_Toronto

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
This is where we buy stock in popcorn as we will be watching #15 ask around to other dealerships…

(Fictitious Example)
“So you got 10 allocations and #10 put their deposit in on 8/1. My dealer, equidistant to my home as your location, got 14 allocations and I was #15 having placed my deposit on 7/14.”
(Fictitious Example)

#ForThePopcorn
100% I was the week after Goodwood and seems I’m not gonna make it, even some who got on their list the day of Goodwood at my dealer wont! Others in US have reported locking in their FE build with mid-August deposit.

I don’t think it’s right at all for Lotus to charge more for a base built to a FE spec based on this kind of a lottery, Lotus have in their possession the dates when each customers deposit was received.

Last edited:

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

(Fictitious Example)
(Fictitious Example)

#ForThePopcorn
Best that you don't know. As Maxwell Smart said, "Missed it by that much.'

Pegasi

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Not sure if this is helpful to anyone, but I did get an update from a Lotus dealer in Connecticut I was thinking about placing an order with (but ended up ordering in Atlanta, where I live).

It provides a helpful U.S. timeline.

jDsyPEAw0yI0R7fImPDbgx9_kU-POutFcGd8Pc6MZur1jMWPDj9pl9cjCOnrNXrgQ4zaGb1sOnXUVIdoLbXwHV4VlBU1s9VQoZgTqVOXzXw_X98W3UbCWQEAlEV-drCJ3FbN3H2Z9W1khKqQJ9qHv8b2_Ss=s0-d-e1-ft

Welcome Lotus Emira Depositors and Prospective Customers!

Thank you all so much for your patience and excitement while we get ready for the launch of the 2022 Lotus Emira. Allocations for the First Edition V6 have been announced.

We have been given an allocation of 14 First Edition V6's. Those who were numbers #1-#14 will be notified separately and given build instructions.
The last First Edition will be made at the end of 2022, with base V6 production beginning 1st quarter 2023. This is months and months earlier than initially expected.

What this means; we will not be able to fill any V6 First Edition orders past #14, but we WILL be able to satisfy almost all customers #14 and on, with base V6 deliveries mid-to-end of 2023 and continuing into 2024.

AMG I4 First Edition Depositors:

Your production will run side by side to the V6 base production starting 1st quarter 2023 and we are accepting Pre-orders at this time. The configurator will be updated for this for an actual configuration in the coming months.

DEMO:

The 1st V6 FE we will receive will be our demo. It should be here September - October 2022. We will have an event by invitation for all of you to come down and experience the Emira for the first time.

We are so excited to join you on this journey. Feel free to reach out any time. Moving forward you will be getting consistent updates from both myself and Lotus.

Thank you.

Regards,
Bear Dalton - Secor Lotus New London, CT.

So this letter is pretty much what my dealer told me yesterday which is you are in BASE camp but still in line.

DPB

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
So this letter is pretty much what my dealer told me yesterday which is you are in BASE camp but still in line.
Same here. Very consistent with what I heard from my dealer. It's encouraging that we're beginning to see corroboration of some of the details.

PaulP

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I just wish I would get SOME freaking timeline on what to expect. My dealer won’t say how many allocations they got. They are telling me ”end of March” they will tell everyone if they got a first edition or not. They also said “everyone who put a deposit down will get their car by end of 2023. Hell that’s almost 2 years!

I’m about 95% sure I’m going to order a new BMW at this point. If the new M2 were out I’d already have done it. Probably order a Z4 M240i and enjoy some open top driving here in Florida. Can get a custom made one 3-4 months and it’s just as fast if not faster on our straight roads here in Florida and save me 30G.

At this point I don’t know if I’ll get a car in 10 months or 20. Can’t make rational decisions when information is not provided. My wife says stay in the queue, but I’m honestly just over it.

Nlsmith2123

Reaction score
I just wish I would get SOME freaking timeline on what to expect. My dealer won’t say how many allocations they got. They are telling me ”end of March” they will tell everyone if they got a first edition or not. They also said “everyone who put a deposit down will get their car by end of 2023. Hell that’s almost 2 years!

I’m about 95% sure I’m going to order a new BMW at this point. If the new M2 were out I’d already have done it. Probably order a Z4 M240i and enjoy some open top driving here in Florida. Can get a custom made one 3-4 months and it’s just as fast if not faster on our straight roads here in Florida and save me 30G.

At this point I don’t know if I’ll get a car in 10 months or 20. Can’t make rational decisions when information is not provided. My wife says stay in the queue, but I’m honestly just over it.
Is your dealer, Naples motorsports? I was told they have their allocations but aren't releasing them yet. I just don't get the lack of communication as it makes it impossible to plan. Like If I'm 2023/2024 it would suck but at least I know and I can snag a nice used sports car in the interim to hold me over. However, if I'm 2022 then I definitely would not waste the money. I think it hurts worse knowing some dealers are being transparent while others are holding out.

PaulP

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Is your dealer, Naples motorsports? I was told they have their allocations but aren't releasing them yet. I just don't get the lack of communication as it makes it impossible to plan. Like If I'm 2023/2024 it would suck but at least I know and I can snag a nice used sports car in the interim to hold me over. However, if I'm 2022 then I definitely would not waste the money. I think it hurts worse knowing some dealers are being transparent while others are holding out.
Yes. You have explained exactly my situation. End of this year I’ll wait. End of next year I’m buying another car and maybe just keep that if I love it or maybe trade it. But no information means I can’t make any rational decisions. I hate the lack of transparency with a passion.

4GIV8M3

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I think it's pretty clear Naples is a a shady dealership and are no doubt selling allocations. Don't forget this is the same place that refuses to service your Lotus if you didn't buy it from them.

Nlsmith2123

Reaction score
Yes. You have explained exactly my situation. End of this year I’ll wait. End of next year I’m buying another car and maybe just keep that if I love it or maybe trade it. But no information means I can’t make any rational decisions. I hate the lack of transparency with a passion.
Lol at least we are in this together brother. I've been going crazy trying to figure out what to do. I keep researching other cars but my heart wants to stick with the emira because I've been in this since last July. I was told at the time I was 66th on the list. So I figure I might not get a 1st edition but seeing what other dealers have been allocated and knowing naples is supposedly the largest makes me hopeful. Either way I just want to know and what pisses me off is knowing they have the allocation numbers. What is the benefit of withholding that from the public?

Nlsmith2123

Reaction score
I think it's pretty clear Naples is a a shady dealership and are no doubt selling allocations. Don't forget this is the same place that refuses to service your Lotus if you didn't buy it from them.
Totally agree. Plus if you even look up the costs of their Evoras and other cars you can find the same thing in Tampa or Miami for 10k off. They try and cater to the excessively rich in Naples. I'm doing well for myself, but I'm not in the boat of wasting 10k to save a 2 hour drive to Tampa lol.

TXEMIRA

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Lol at least we are in this together brother. I've been going crazy trying to figure out what to do. I keep researching other cars but my heart wants to stick with the emira because I've been in this since last July. I was told at the time I was 66th on the list. So I figure I might not get a 1st edition but seeing what other dealers have been allocated and knowing naples is supposedly the largest makes me hopeful. Either way I just want to know and what pisses me off is knowing they have the allocation numbers. What is the benefit of withholding that from the public?
This is all code y’all.

“We know our allocations and you’ll know them by the end of Q1.”

Google Translate:

“We are considering ADM…
Stay tuned and get your cash ready for mark-up.”

#ForTheDealers :(

PaulP

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Well that sucks as deposit in USA is tied to dealer not a national queue. Orlando is just as close for me.

I was told folks above me were “considering” trading their spots which I guess is code for ADM. I don’t play that game.

I’m not rich and this car is a stretch for me. Not too proud to admit that.

Magma

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
It's definitely shady if Naples isn't releasing the number of allocations. I'd be very disappointed and frustrated!

This entire thing has been disappointing. Can't help but feel a twinge of jealousy when someone says they made the cut. Especially those who put their deposits in later than I did. But, it is what it is. I've already gotten another car for the interim. But the Emira is where my heart is at. But...now I can sit back, watch the reviews, hear about any issues and have 2 years to either go crazy waiting or plan to go back to Porsche when the market cools back down.

TXEMIRA

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
It's definitely shady if Naples isn't releasing the number of allocations. I'd be very disappointed and frustrated!

This entire thing has been disappointing. Can't help but feel a twinge of jealousy when someone says they made the cut. Especially those who put their deposits in later than I did. But, it is what it is. I've already gotten another car for the interim. But the Emira is where my heart is at. But...now I can sit back, watch the reviews, hear about any issues and have 2 years to either go crazy waiting or plan to go back to Porsche when the market cools back down.
Great way to go about it.
Props to you! Sincerely.

vdr

Emira Fan
Reaction score

Naples isn't the only dealer NOT confirming their allocation numbers. Heck, I can't even get a callback from my dealer and I put my deposit down back in mid-July. I've relegated myself to the fact that I likely didn't score an FE but it would be nice to get a cursory "We got X amount of cars on this first go 'round and although you didn't make the cut we expect to enter your factory order somewhere around X date".

Last edited: