Alex's Verde Ithaca Evora GT Journal

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Starting this journal to document my Evora GT ownership here on my favorite forum.

A little background: Many of you already know me as I've been here almost daily since the start. I ran a popular Emira Instagram account (@v6emira) and would have been one of the first in the USA to take delivery of an Emira First Edition. After many delays, missed opportunities, and continued frustrations with Lotus and the messy rollout (especially here in North America) I decided not to wait any longer and started seriously considering other options. Before the Emira unveiling in summer 2021, I was 2 years into saving and searching for my dream spec Porsche GT4. But then the pandemic car market went crazy and sports car prices skyrocketed. 981 GT4s that were selling for ~$85k were now listed for $110k+ and once I saw the Emira, I totally shifted sights to a new goal. I mean... just look at it! :love: I dove in deep but things didn't go as planned. Details about the car started to change, delivery dates kept being missed, and things in my life changed drastically. I'll spare the details, but 2022 was the hardest year of my life. This forum was a great distraction and the Emira was a goal to focus on. But as mentioned, I wasn't getting the experience I expected when ordering a fancy new exotic sports car that I was saving years for and dreaming about my entire life. I kept missing track days, car shows, weddings, cruises, charity events, etc... I found myself getting stressed and upset about the Emira when I should be feeling excited and valued as a customer. :confused:

This all changed when I received an alert that my dream spec Evora GT was just listed for sale by a private owner. A 2020 Evora GT and 1 of 4 painted in Lamborghini's Verde Ithaca and 1 of 1 in this exact spec with the full carbon pack, matching bespoke stitching, and 3 pedals! This has always been my dream exotic sports car color (I remember having a Verde Ithaca Murciélago poster in my teenage bedroom). So I made some moves, cancelled my Emira order, bought me and a buddy plane tickets, and we flew out to pick up the car and drive it home. That was about 3 weeks ago, one of the best days of my life, and I haven't stopped smiling since! I've already done a full detail, took it to a wedding, attended cars & coffee, and went on a few cruises. The joy and excitement this car brings me is amazing... but what I didn't expect was just how happy and excited others would be about it too! Friends, family, and strangers all seems to enjoy talking about it and taking pics. It's not just a bright color, but Lotus (and any exotic) are a rare sight in my area and it feels good to finally be a proud owner. :cool:

Anyway, I've gone on long enough, but wanted a thread to post photos and updates. I've got a few small mods and events planned coming up, but here are a few pics for now. I post fairly frequently on my Instagram account (@verdeithaca) and will still be posting Emira news and content since my buddy is still on track to take delivery of a Magma Red Emira FE soon! I still hope to own an Emira one day too, but holding off for a future Emira R or GT version with bespoke color options (as long as they're still offered with 3 pedals)! ;)

campout2023_ryanreaver.jpg

Yorklyn2.jpeg

20230723_164443-01 (2).jpeg

Here's a video from Naples Motorsports when the car was new:

Last edited:
OP
VL3X

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
The Evora had one of my essential mods already done by the original owner: 3rd cat delete! I'll post sound clips whenever I find a way to make some decent recordings. But let me tell you, this things sounds amazing!! Especially after 4500rpms. I drove through some tunnels on the ride home and she absolutely screams! The pops on the hard 1 > 2 shifts and burbles on downshifts excite me in a way I cannot describe. :p

I do have some minor cosmetic mods planned and will update this list as things change. No power mods planned at this time. Intake would be nice to hear the supercharger more, but not sure it's worth it to me right now.

Current modifications:
  • GRP 3rd cat delete
  • XPEL XR Plus ceramic window tint
    • 35% sides + 70% windshield
  • Michelin Pilot Alpin
    • Off-season tires for the winter months (Cup2s don't like freezing temps)
  • Custom painted shift knob
  • GRP carbon center console trim
  • GRP carbon fiber mirror covers
  • Really Light Stuff ExtendView mirrors
  • GRP V4 LED tail lights
Planned mods:
  • Seat time
  • GRP V4 LED tails
  • Carbon mirror covers
  • Paint matched calipers
  • Intake
  • Upgraded head unit and reverse cam
  • More seat time 😁

Modding the knob | The machining on the factory Lotus knobs always looked a little rough to me. I fixed that last weekend with some enamel model paint, a tiny brush, and some rubbing alcohol. $10 and 20 minutes later I have a custom matched shift knob!

20230716_151552.jpg
20230716_152509.jpg
20230716_154134.jpg
20230716_183114.jpg
20230716_183647.jpg

August 25, 2023 Update | Xpel window tint + Gyeon ceramic coated wheels/calipers. Detailed post here.

20230817_162427.jpg

20230822_161727.jpg

October 16, 2023 Update | GRP V4 LED tail lights installed. Detailed post here.

20231015_185612.jpg

Last edited:

eriegz

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Huge congrats, Alex, she's a BEAUT!! 😍😍 And how awesome that you were able to find one in basically your exact dream spec??? 🤩

I don't go on Instagram much anymore, but I allowed myself to log in once more over the Goodwood FoS weekend and I saw your posts from a couple weeks earlier where you announced your new purchase and account name change. I'd been meaning to write you a congrats message ever since, so I'm glad you made this journal thread! :) At first, I was sad to discover that the Emira didn't work out for you after all, but wow, how perfect is your new car?! It seems like forever ago that I was making custom photoshops for forum members, but I still have your Emira spec saved from that time. I'd say you nailed it! 😎

emira-verde-ithaca-wallpaper.jpg

Hope you enjoy many miles and smiles in your new ride! Looking forward to seeing the paint-matched calipers. ;)

OP
VL3X

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you!! I just couldn't pass up the opportunity. Hopefully I'll be able to order a future Emira GT (or whatever they call it) in a bespoke Verde Ithaca or Mclaren's Napier Green and lots of carbon! In the meantime I'll be able to enjoy the Evora and your awesome renders. 😁

Pegasi

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I am here and reading. As of now I am thinking if things go really really well maybe I can get an Evora after I get my Emira. It really is the "true" car to have. Lotus really should have come out with the Emira first, then came out with the Evora. Driving that Evora on a wet skidpad may be the highlight of my motoring experience. The only way I can describe the Evora is that it feels like one solid piece. You feel the whole car while driving it. I don't have the driving acumen of a lot of people on the forum so I really don't know how to describe the car but it is special. I love your color too.

What is the use of this car? Weekend, track, daily?

OP
VL3X

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
I am here and reading. As of now I am thinking if things go really really well maybe I can get an Evora after I get my Emira. It really is the "true" car to have. Lotus really should have come out with the Emira first, then came out with the Evora. Driving that Evora on a wet skidpad may be the highlight of my motoring experience. The only way I can describe the Evora is that it feels like one solid piece. You feel the whole car while driving it. I don't have the driving acumen of a lot of people on the forum so I really don't know how to describe the car but it is special. I love your color too.

What is the use of this car? Weekend, track, daily?

Agreed. It is special! Remind me.. Where did you drive an Evora on the skid pad? Was that the Lotus driving experience thing in Atlanta?

It's a weekend/fun car for me! I have the GTI as my daily driver. I'll eventually take the Evora to the track when I'm more comfortable with it. I finally got the title and my plate on earlier this week, so I've been driving it a lot.

Pegasi

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Agreed. It is special! Remind me.. Where did you drive an Evora on the skid pad? Was that the Lotus driving experience thing in Atlanta?

It's a weekend/fun car for me! I have the GTI as my daily driver. I'll eventually take the Evora to the track when I'm more comfortable with it. I finally got the title and my plate on earlier this week, so I've been driving it a lot.

Yes it was the Lotus Driving Experience in Atlanta. Skidpad, Autocross, and the Road Course. I drove an automatic and wouldn't hesitate to get one in an automatic. A weekend/fun car doesn't have to be a manual for me. Most of my weekend driving is done before 9am so there isn't any traffic and I like feeling like an F1 driver just keeping my hands on the wheel piloting the car. Since my daily is the STI, a weekend auto is just fine.

Get comfortable with that thing!

OP
VL3X

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Haven't been updating this journal as much as I'd like. Maybe because this is an Emira forum and it kinda feels wrong?🙃 But I also don't feel like making a journal on any other forum. I've also been super busy lately.. mostly making up for lost time these past 2 years waiting on the Emira. So I've been going to every car related event I can find. This weekend I'm entering the GT into a Euro car show at a winery near Atlantic City on Saturday. Sunday there's a big monthly cars & Coffee event I always look forward to. Feels great actually driving a cool car there instead of just parking my GTI in the spectator lot. This car brings to much attention (likely because of the paint). It's a bit overwhelming sometimes since I'm a recluse most days either working from home or playing Zelda (sometimes both). So when I pull up to one of these car events and have a dozen people come up to me within 5 minutes of arriving, it's a little shocking at first. I like how excited and happy this car makes people though. 😊

I can't really express just how happy I am to have it after waiting so long. Some of you might have seen my Garage Transformation post from May 2022. I was so excited for the Emira that I completely redid my garage, had blue flakes added to the floor to match my future Seneca Emira, and printed a custom Emira banner (which still hangs). Finally having my dream car is a surreal feeling. I've been dreaming about owning an exotic Euro car since I was a kid. My middle name is literally Ferrari (so cars have always been in my blood). My parents both worked in the car biz and in 2013 me and my late father went to Italy together and toured Ferrari and Lamborghini factories/museums. One of the best memories of my life. I remember showing my dad the Emira configurator in the hospital before he passed just trying to get his mind off things since he always loved British sports cars. He always used to talk about a Triumph he almost bought instead of buying a house in the 70s. I've since inherited that same house, so it's safe to say that was the better investment. However, my experiences over the last couple years made me realize how quickly life can pass you by and how important it is to not only work for your dreams, but also achieve them early enough that you can actually enjoy them. For me, it was getting this car. I just wish my pop was around to see it and go for a ride with me. Anyway, enough with the overly emotional and personal talk... back to Lotus stuff...

I had tint installed a few weeks ago and I think it looks fantastic. I went all out and got the best of the best - XPEL XR Plus ceramic. Went with 35% on the sides and 70% on the windshield. I did the windshield to protect the interior (gotta keep that bespoke stitching and dash looking new, right?) but also noticed that it prevents glares at night. I used to get some headlight glares/reflections from oncoming headlights bouncing off the carbon gauge pod shroud. That's since been minimized thanks to this tint. The ceramic does a fantastic job keeping the interior cool too. No longer do I burn my hand on the shift knob. I'll post some pics below. The tint doesn't really look as dark as it does in these pics, but I'll post two from different angles. You can still see the interior and colored Lotus crests on the seats, which was important to me. I like how it makes the side profile look more uniform now.. like a fighter jet with the black A pillars.

I also ceramic coated the factory forged wheels and AP calipers. I took my time and took off each wheel to fully clean them (wheel cleaner + iron remover) and fully treat the inner barrels as well as the spokes and face with Qyeon's Q2 wheel quartz. I've used this stuff on my GTI Neuspeed wheels with great success. The coating lasts well over a year for me and makes cleaning the wheels and brakes super easy (essential for black wheels). Which I've never really been a fan of black wheels, but the satin finish on these is nice and looks good on this car with the other black accents and carbon pack. I've grown to really like the "shark fin" accent on the Evora too. Taking off the wheels was my first time jacking up the car and getting to really inspect the brake and double wishbone suspension set up. It's like everything I'd want to do with a tuner car, but already done by the experts! AP Racing calipers, Eibach sway bars, Bilstein struts, Eibach springs, Goodridge SS brake lines, aluminum double wishbones! This car is just epic!!

Ohhhh and that reminds me. I got the OEM Michelin Sports Cup 2 tires mounted by Lotus of Philadelphia a couple weeks ago. They were awesome to work with and even sent a driver and chase vehicle to pick up and return my car and tires free of charge. +1 for having an awesome local dealer just 30 minutes away. I've got the Michelin Alpins stored away until it's time to throw them on for the winter months.

20230817_162427-jpg.30785

20230817_162430.jpg

20230822_121315.jpg

20230822_161727.jpg

20230822_162046.jpg

20230822_124322.jpg

20230822_160008.jpg

Last edited:

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Looking good! Great to hear you're enjoying the ownership experience. They're special cars. You're tempting me to do a journal on mine.

OP
VL3X

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Looking good! Great to hear you're enjoying the ownership experience. They're special cars. You're tempting me to do a journal on mine.

Please do!

Just got back from the Euro winery show near Atlantic City this morning. Had a blast! I was the only Lotus but there were a bunch of really cool cars, including an Aventador SVJ, MB Koenig, quite a few Ferraris, and an Allard!

My GT got a ton of love there. It was a really nice venue and I met a bunch of people. Hopefully they'll host another event in the fall when it cools off a bit. I was dying in the heat. 🫠

20230826_100551.jpg

20230826_132954.jpg

20230826_114629.jpg

20230826_120342.jpg

20230826_100842.jpg

OP
VL3X

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Took the GT on a road trip last week to the Finger Lakes in upstate NY. Stayed in Ithaca for a few days and got some track time in at Watkins Glen. It was a long and hilly week in the GT with the Cup 2s, but there were zero hiccups. I love this car! It gets so much positive attention everywhere I go.

20230905_121739.jpg

Also stopped by a British Car Club show here in Delaware this morning and participating in an exotic car rally tomorrow morning in PA. Should be a fun time! Hope to report back with some cool footage. Here's a cool '67 Elan S3 SS that was at the show earlier. 🤙🏼

20230916_103448.jpg

OP
VL3X

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
My love affair with the Evora continues! I recently installed some goodies from Greg's Race Parts, including his V4 LED tail lights! I've had these in my cart even before I bought my Evora. I just love how they transform the look of the rear (especially with the carbon pack). They are brighter than the OEM lights too. Install was pretty simple - just peel back the trunk carpet and undo 1 electrical harness clip and two 8mm nuts each light. The old ones slide out and new ones in. Very simple, but HUGE difference. I also installed carbon fiber mirrors covers and new mirror glass (blue tinted blindspot mirrors), and a collapsible cup holder for my passenger (clips to the seat slider bar), LED interior and plate bulbs.

20231009_121657.jpg

20231015_133452.jpg

20231016_161801.jpg

20231015_185914.jpg

20231015_185612.jpg

Pegasi

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Absolutely looks better. Who would have thought.

eriegz

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
GRP taillights were always a "day 1 replacement" back when I was looking at used Elises / Exiges. 😄

OP
VL3X

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
GRP taillights were always a "day 1 replacement" back when I was looking at used Elises / Exiges. 😄

The V4s are in such high demand that they're back ordered. I was on the list for 3 months before mine were finally shipped. I've got some other carbon goodies coming my way soon. ;)