My garage transformation for the Emira

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey guys - I wanted to show off my modest little garage transformation. When I purchased my house a few years ago there was a small detached brick garage which I had big plans for. It was used as a garden tool shed/trash room by the previous owners and in extremely rough shape when I took ownership. This first picture is after a few days of cleaning junk out and scrubbing oil and dirt off the floor and walls (I wish I had an earlier pic). I eventually painted the plaster walls and wood trim, filled the cracks, caulked the edges, and sealed the floor with some DIY epoxy.

This served well for a couple years, but I wanted to make a proper home for my upcoming junior supercar! I ran power and installed a smart garage door opener with motion detection lights, led shop light, exterior security cam, and mounted a stealthy retractable air hose reel. The final touch was a polyurea polyaspartic floor coating with custom flake (yes, I added some Seneca blue in there) and black trim paint to match. It's not 100% finished yet, but finally turning into a proper garage.

She's small but mighty and I can't wait to get the Emira in there!

Before pics:

first.jpg
IMG_4709.jpg
IMG_4719.jpeg

IMG_4726.jpeg
IMG_4733.jpeg

After pics:

20220530_095949-01.jpeg

20220529_121615.jpg

20220529_121300.jpg
20220529_121719.jpg

Last edited:
Hey guys - I wanted to show off my modest little garage transformation. When I purchased my house a few years ago there was a small detached brick garage which I had big plans for. It was used as a garden tool shed/trash room by the previous owners and in extremely rough shape when I took ownership. This first picture is after a few days of cleaning junk out and scrubbing oil and dirt off the floor and walls (I wish I had an earlier pic). I eventually painted the plaster walls and wood trim, filled the cracks, caulked the edges, and sealed the floor with some DIY epoxy.

This served well for a couple years, but I wanted to make a proper home for my upcoming junior supercar! I ran power and installed a smart garage door opener with motion detection lights, led shop light, exterior security cam, and mounted a stealthy retractable air hose reel. The final touch was a polyurea polyaspartic floor coating with custom flake (yes, I added some Seneca blue in there) and black trim paint to match. It's not 100% finished yet, but finally turning into a proper garage.

Before pics:

View attachment 6061View attachment 6062View attachment 6063

View attachment 6064View attachment 6065
View attachment 6066

After pics:

View attachment 6067View attachment 6068

View attachment 6069View attachment 6070
Have you measured the expected door opening against the walls?

How's it looking?
Is it a case of rolling it in?

Have you measured the expected door opening against the walls?

How's it looking?
Is it a case of rolling it in?

It should be fine! I have about 9" on each side through the opening with the Emira's power mirrors folded in and something like 5" on each with them extended. Once inside there's a good amount of room to open my GTI doors comfortably.. Though I typically have my wife hop out before I pull in the garage so I can get the passenger side closer to the wall and give myself more room to freely swing open the driver door.

Do we know how long the Emira doors are?

You need to post your good work in this thread

It should be fine! I have about 9" on each side through the opening with the Emira's power mirrors folded in and something like 5" on each with them extended. Once inside there's a good amount of room to open my GTI doors comfortably.. Though I typically have my wife hop out before I pull in the garage so I can get the passenger side closer to the wall and give myself more room to freely swing open the driver door.

Do we know how long the Emira doors are?
261cm from the front to the rear door shut line - I measured at one of the dealer launch events last year

where did ya get the Emira banner from

I made it in Photoshop and had it printed! I initially wanted it larger to replace that 458 banner, but I couldn't find a graphic large enough that would print without being too distorted (the one I got is 2'x4').

Love it! 🙌 Also, I love seeing the skateboards on the wall too (I'm a life-long skater myself :p ).

Nice! I don't trick skate much these days, but I do enjoy riding my little cruiser around. Before going remote full-time, I commuted to the city for work and I'd park at the top of a parking garage and skate down and across a couple blocks to the office every day. There was also a little skate park a couple miles away that me and a buddy would sometimes hit at lunch in the summer. Good times!

Last edited:
Great job! I've got this on the to do list. Slowly working through the basics, Lights and wiring sorted. Next weeked is ceiling install.

Before pics:

View attachment 6061View attachment 6062View attachment 6063

View attachment 6064View attachment 6065
View attachment 6066

After pics:

View attachment 6067View attachment 6068

View attachment 6069View attachment 6070
Be careful! Your new Emira won‘t get out of your garage anymore once get in!
Btw … amazing!