Garage p0rn

NickR

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I've pretty much finished the garage for the Emira.
Involved building a new storage shed to get the crap out the garage. Then:
Dryline and insulate
Plaster and paint
Install spot lights and power sockets
Refloat floor and paint with epoxy
Add coving and skirting
Heating
New insulated garage door with Bluetooth
IMG20220411140814.jpg
IMG20220411142458.jpg

Jonhklee

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Very nice!! What colour of Emira will live in that garage?
I like the low profile lift, what brand is it?

OP
NickR

NickR

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Ya know...... this is really annoying. Now I'm going to have to do something with my garage, and not "someday". Crap. Gotta figure out what I want to do too, and it's got to be good.

Ballpark figure, how much did all this cost you? (It's gorgeous by the way).

ADC

Just Jazzed About Being On The Show
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Jeebus... that is slick. I'm with Leonard on this one... hate and jealousy flows through my veins! :)

I'm currently building a new double garage, but my baby is going to have to share space with All The Normal Garage Junk. This is just next-level awesome. I presume you will strut around in there in your nomex suit telling your army of mechanics what to do? :D

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
What a fabulous garage fit for a king. Super jealous, especially having the low profile lift and heating! :love:

OP
NickR

NickR

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Ya know...... this is really annoying. Now I'm going to have to do something with my garage, and not "someday". Crap. Gotta figure out what I want to do too, and it's got to be good.

Ballpark figure, how much did all this cost you? (It's gorgeous by the way).
I built my own house so i did a lot of the work myself. The most expensive bit (which you can't see as it's still not here) is the insulated garage door £3K fitted the rest of the project was about 3k so all in 6K, not super cheap but it's like having an extra large room in your house. I've got a sofa and small beer fridge to install.
sectional-solid-anthracite-woodgrain-square-windows.jpg

NicolasB

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Finishing my own house build (must be a Nick thing?) over the last year while living in it. Working on emptying out my 3rd garage stall so I can do something nice like this, though this takes the cake! Like the floor treatment, planning to do something like that. Look forward to pics of the car in there!

OP
NickR

NickR

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Finishing my own house build (must be a Nick thing?) over the last year while living in it. Working on emptying out my 3rd garage stall so I can do something nice like this, though this takes the cake! Like the floor treatment, planning to do something like that. Look forward to pics of the car in there!
Yep got the self build scars!
Floor make up:
Self leveling Screed over the slab so you get a smooth finish.
Then 2 coats of

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Ugh.. and here I am measuring my garage to make sure I can get in with the mirrors folded and hope to still have enough room to actually open the driver's door to squeeze in and out. :cry:

Daz

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I built my own house so i did a lot of the work myself. The most expensive bit (which you can't see as it's still not here) is the insulated garage door £3K fitted the rest of the project was about 3k so all in 6K, not super cheap but it's like having an extra large room in your house. I've got a sofa and small beer fridge to install.
View attachment 4443
I’m in the wrong job 🙁

ADC

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Ugh.. and here I am measuring my garage to make sure I can get in with the mirrors folded and hope to still have enough room to actually open the driver's door to squeeze in and out. :cry:
In a pinch, you could always pop it on a dolly / skates, and push it in and out by hand... 😬

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
In a pinch, you could always pop it on a dolly / skates, and push it in and out by hand... 😬
Haha, it's not that tight! I actually have about 9" on each side with the mirrors folded and 5" with them extended to clear my garage door opening. Once inside, there should be more than enough room to open the door enough for me. I just wish it was a little taller so I could install a lift and park my daily driver GTI under the Emira!

Next Decade

Reaction score
Very nice. My shop is booked up with tools, other toys and work space so my Emira won’t be going inside there.

My pre-Emira 2022 project is to revert my garage back to a garage (previous owners closed it in) and do something like this. It’s currently 20x20ft with a tile floor. Thinking the Emira is gonna sit on tile for now until they start to crack bad enough for me to demo and epoxy coat lol.

Still need to figure out how to arrange my gym to accommodate my new girlfriend.

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
This is fantastic. I'm about to build similarly but in a 1-bay single car size, 12'x20'. It should be similarly appointed/finished, but with the workbench at the narrow end, a vaulted ceiling, and carriage doors (dual 4', for an 8'w x 7'h opening) at the other end. I'll be doing a lot of the finish work myself, and likely about half of the construction. The plan at the moment is to do SIP panel walls and roof, with a gluelam ridge beam for support to get the clear span height. The high insulation value of the panels and doors should allow me to keep it well climate controlled with a bar-style mini-split HVAC on the wall.

The size and clearances will be tight but I hope it will be a high quality result, sort of a "jewel box" miniature workshop. I'm planning to build recesses into (and conduit within) the concrete slab for a similar vehicle lift to yours, but mounted completely flush if possible. The floors will eventually be finished in ultra-durable non-slip porcelain tile, and the planning for the lift recesses will take that finished surface height into account. I hope the result will look something like this:

1649779281658.png

For more views of ^^ that lift installation, see this vid on YouTube.

[edit] to clarify - I can't justify/afford the lift yet. :ROFLMAO: So I'm going to build the holes in the floor and fill them with reinforced plywood boxes to walk/drive over until I can rationalize the additional expense. 💸

Last edited:

ADC

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Man... this is making my plans of a nice new stark white garage feel a bit ghetto (but I love seeing this kind of thing... everyone loves a bit of shiny G.P. :D). Problem is, if I got a lift, I suspect various members of my family would just jack my car up in the air and store more shit underneath it!