Pre-Delivery Checklist

brainf18

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
11 March 2024 update - Fellow Emira buyers. When the time comes to pick up our new toys its easy to get caught up in the moment and overlook things that'll be an annoyance later. So in order to keep the logic side of our brains functioning during what is an emotionally charged time, I've created the pre-delivery checklist. This is Version 1. Please add your suggestions and I'll update Post #1 to reflect.

Interior (Inspect the vehicle in a bright lighted area and have a flashlight as needed)

• Check all the selected options and accessories are present and work.
  • Inspect the interior for loose or miss-fitting trim and stains or other defects in the upholstery, carpeting, or headliner.
  • Check piano black trim for scratches
  • Check around the edges of the windshield for hairline cracks
  • Check the odometer for very low mileage.
  • Check interior lights
  • Select accessory mode on the ignition
  • Check the dash / warning lights show and cycle off as appropriate
  • Check Homelink flashes when selected
  • Check USB charging points on the lower console and rearview mirror for power supply
  • Cycle through and check infotainment screens
  • Check interior lights for proper function
  • Check the Kef Radio for function and sound. Listen to each speaker to ensure working
  • Make sure additional items such as the Lotus branded battery charger, books and tire inflation kit are present.
  • Ensure all ignition switch modes work. Accessory, start, stop.
  • Have the salesperson show you how to work all controls and the location of common maintenance items (such as the engine-oil dipstick, oil-filler hole, brake-fluid reservoir, etc.).
  • Start the car and check heating and A/C system
  • Check tire pressures (TPMS) on the infotainment screen. (this may need to be checked on the test drive)
  • If needed, Re-Select Accessory mode and turn on all exterior lights
  • With the interior trunk switch, open trunk and check trunk & engine area for general condition
  • While in the trunk check that the tool kit is present with the wheel lock tool included

Exterior (Inspect the vehicle in a bright lighted area and have a flashlight as needed)

• With exterior lights all on check for operation and function (sales person can cycle lights as needed from inside the car)
  • Check the key functions (lock, unlock, auto window down, trunk unlock etc.)
  • Open and close both doors and trunk (full open to closed) for proper feel and function
  • Inspect the exterior for scratches, dents, or paint defects. (Look for paint Bubbling)
  • Check around windshield edges for micro-cracks
  • Check panel gaps paying extra attention for the area around the duck tail, doors and headlight area
  • Check wheels and tires for general condition
  • Ensure exhaust pipes are centered in the exhaust surrounds
  • Check all panel gaps and for loose panels especially around the lower rockers in front of the rear tires

Test Drive

• Check AC blows cold.
  • Check Heat blows hot.
  • Under acceleration, braking and cornering loads, note any strange sounds or vibrations.
  • Cycle through each driving mode. (Tour, Sport, Race) to ensure function and display change occurs
  • At highway speeds test for any alignment issues or steering pull. Steering wheel should be level
  • Note any vibration (that’s not normal) coming through the steering wheel
  • Use all the gears including reverse. Check for smooth operation, esp going directly into first gear from neutral at a full stop. (You should not have to cycle into and out of 2nd gear before selecting first.)
  • Perform a rapid stop to check for symmetrical braking and brake steer
  • Test the horn and headlights. (find a BMW driver to honk at for cutting you off-:)
  • After test drive, look under the car and in the engine bay for fluid leaks.
  • After Test drive look at brake rotors for even wear.

If all goes well and they’ve done a good job for you….Tip your sales person with a gift card or personal gift. They’ve been waiting a long time for this day too. It’s always nice to say thanks with a small gift of appreciation.

Last edited:

netsinah

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Thanks to brainf18 for the helpful checklist and good advice.

Unless your Lotus dealer is ++ miles away from your home so it's hard to return for warranty work, I tend to rely on the dealer to properly check out the car before handing me the key fob...BUT I worry about catching flaws, where you might be seen to have caused the damage and then later get into a fight about whether it's properly warranty work. So from the list of brainf18 above, I pay particular attention to:

-whether everything I paid for or that should come with the car, is included (they could say I "lost" or removed them after driving away)
-the exterior paint, body panel gaps and glass (they could argue I caused problems with an impact or improper care)
-the interior condition (they could argue I caused a rip or tear or stain, etc.)
-tires/rims (they could argue I caused "curb rash" or created other imperfections)

For what it's worth, attached is the 2024 Corvette PDI checklist provided by GM to its dealers, to give you an idea of what they're expected to do before delivering a new Corvette to the buyer. Of note: they wash the vehicle and for those of you who are ++++ fussy and worried about paint swirls, you should consider finding out how your Lotus dealer does this (minimum wage employee using a scratchy clothe?) or perhaps direct your dealer to hose down your Emira but not dry it, especially if it's a darker color more prone to noticeable paint swirls. Something to consider if you're super picky and would rather not trust someone else with this. This assumes your Emira doesn't have PPF or ceramic coating on it, when picked up, which will hopefully be done right.

Perhaps someone will come across the Emira PDI list and post it for all to see.
2024 Corvette PDI Checklist.jpeg

SONOFEMERY

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
My Emira came with a little annoying issue: the drivers seatbelt is not coiled into the retraction mechanism correctly, so the seat belt is always half twisted over my torso. Not sure if others have had this problem, wanted to call it out here. Might be worth adding to the list.

Nick Sticks

Reaction score
My Emira came with a little annoying issue: the drivers seatbelt is not coiled into the retraction mechanism correctly, so the seat belt is always half twisted over my torso. Not sure if others have had this problem, wanted to call it out here. Might be worth adding to the list.
The twist is on purpose: