• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: šŸ† May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Dealer Demo cars in Europe and UK

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Ooo what model? The lure of the Morgan is also still strong, but a Caterham 420R would be the more sensible choice...
Ive not placed the order yet... but it would be an NA 420...
I wont be tracking that much, and the roll cage doesnt look pretty, so would probably go road going.... may well get LSD... thats the mechanical device not the 60's crave which was the ruin of Pink Floyd's founding member Sid....
ANyway, now we have cleared that up. The lite blue colour looks nice.... black is always good, ie DV for lotus fans.. šŸ˜‚..... with nose cone and stripes painted of course, got to stand out from the flock.
May go racier seats as I like a firm ride.... no squishy bottoms for me.....
10-12 months.. may get it for my bday next July 16th as clearly didnt get the emira for the last one...

grahamgreen

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Frustration showing nowā€¦ itā€™s not the delay but not knowing which is getting to people the most Iā€™m guessing. Iā€™ve started looking at the new vantage as some great deals out there and a great car.

For me getting the Emira was an acknowledgment of my time working my way up through lotus and being able to get a first edition of what is the last petrol car. The shine is off; the ā€œfirstā€ edition cars will be less special given the long period of what will be months getting them to market. Even more so for i4 customers like myself despite paying deposits early.

As it stands Iā€™m 5k invested like most of us here having specā€™d and paid the 2nd deposit months ago. What I do next I donā€™t know.

Sit tight and wait or give in pull back my 5k and buy something else or nail down and hold tight with the cash and see how the next 6 months pan out with energy and so onā€¦

Canā€™t help feel that the whole ā€œfirst editionā€ thing is going to be lost and will be somehow less special. What do I know. We all have an opinion after all and we have all bought into the brand whether as a new customer or loyal historical customers.

Iā€™ve given up contacting Christopher Neil (Oakmere) for updates months ago as they simply donā€™t know. I only went with them as they provided me all my old lotusā€™s and are a good 150 miles away from where I live.

Nostalgia more than anything

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Frustration showing nowā€¦ itā€™s not the delay but not knowing which is getting to people the most Iā€™m guessing. Iā€™ve started looking at the new vantage as some great deals out there and a great car.

For me getting the Emira was an acknowledgment of my time working my way up through lotus and being able to get a first edition of what is the last petrol car. The shine is off; the ā€œfirstā€ edition cars will be less special given the long period of what will be months getting them to market. Even more so for i4 customers like myself despite paying deposits early.

As it stands Iā€™m 5k invested like most of us here having specā€™d and paid the 2nd deposit months ago. What I do next I donā€™t know.

Sit tight and wait or give in pull back my 5k and buy something else or nail down and hold tight with the cash and see how the next 6 months pan out with energy and so onā€¦

Canā€™t help feel that the whole ā€œfirst editionā€ thing is going to be lost and will be somehow less special. What do I know. We all have an opinion after all and we have all bought into the brand whether as a new customer or loyal historical customers.

Iā€™ve given up contacting Christopher Neil (Oakmere) for updates months ago as they simply donā€™t know. I only went with them as they provided me all my old lotusā€™s and are a good 150 miles away from where I live.

Nostalgia more than anything
what deals have you found with the vantage?
years ago there were some great leasing deals.. x00 a month and i dont know what....
curious to know what aston are doing now as those things are over priced for the interior, but about right for the exterior...

Markc

Emira Fan
Reaction score
what deals have you found with the vantage?
years ago there were some great leasing deals.. x00 a month and i dont know what....
curious to know what aston are doing now as those things are over priced for the interior, but about right for the exterior...
No deals to be had these days. They werenā€™t selling so they ran an awesome PCP deal so get some shifted, and it worked! Those deals all came to an end last dec/Jan this yr.

3MIRA

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Yes theyā€˜re all LHD. Apparently the parts supply issues have affected RHD cars much more than LHD. Hence why the final stage pre-production and press cars were almost all LHD too. And why the UK demos keep being pushed back.

Much to the surprise of the UK dealers, who werenā€™t told in advance, they didnā€™t get the first cars. Equally surprisingly, the first customer cars are going to European customers too.
Don't mention the gains of Brexit šŸ”„ šŸ¤£

3MIRA

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I was told this by Lotus. The bracket will be pre-installed where legally required. For the US, where some states don't require a front plate, the bracket will be supplied separately and fitted by the dealer if required. It'll then be down to you discussing with your dealer if you want them to leave it off in a state where it's legally required.
When I had my pre-factory tour I raised the USA front plate issue that some states owners were very vexed by, Scott said they would look into making it optional in those jurisdictions.

Stino

Reaction score
Just wanted to let you know. I am visiting my dealer today to check out his hethel yellow demo car. I am going to take some pictures and Iā€™ll upload some...Any special requests from anyone? Dealer confirmed (and double checked with lotus) that itā€™s a 100% production car version.

One more thingā€¦he also confirmed that my Emira (Magma red, black pack, DC wheels, Ice interior, yellow cal., home link, sport sus., cup2) will be ready for handover by mid of October.

Lots_Of_Trouble

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Just wanted to let you know. I am visiting my dealer today to check out his hethel yellow demo car. I am going to take some pictures and Iā€™ll upload some...Any special requests from anyone? Dealer confirmed (and double checked with lotus) that itā€™s a 100% production car version.

One more thingā€¦he also confirmed that my Emira (Magma red, black pack, DC wheels, Ice interior, yellow cal., home link, sport sus., cup2) will be ready for handover by mid of October.
Which dealer was this?
I've ordered Hethel yellow but keen to see the condition of the interiors too.

Dingo

Reaction score

would like to know if they have improved the seats to control lateral movement - from memory a lot of reviews to date comment on lack of support in shoulder area. Thanks

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Let us know how the exhaust sounds like. The production versions were meant to be a bit louder than pre production! šŸ‘

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Pictures of the production seats and bonnet seal would be very useful. A few people have been asking about the exhaust finishers on cars without full black pack - the silvered tips.

Also if youā€™re able to listen to the KEF audio and see what you think of the visibility of the drivers display and infotainment screen.

Have fun and look forward to reading your feedback.

CDM1855

Emira Fiend
Reaction score

Look forward to the feedback answering some of the previous questions, enjoy the experience

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Itā€™s Jacob sportscars in cologne area, Germany
good morning! good luck!
please ask if the car has ADAS..and well exactly which items ... ideally see these things in action.
For me the seats let you slide around a bit, not just shoulders, but even hips, although this depends on your frame of course.
Please bring your iphone / samsung and connect it and see how clear apple / android car play is....
Screen lag... glare.. if possible in the sun... but who knows if it will be outside... Play around with the menu... try to do a few basic things... tune an FM station...ideally heart FM as I am romantic at "heart fm".
Most important, vanity mirrors in sun visors??? This is a huge deal breaker for us better looking owners, where as their lacking is a blessing in disguise for those in the September 9... haha
Its hot, please put ur own cars AC on full blast before you arrive and then put the Emira's on full blast ... I hope there is not a huge difference, but I have a feeling there will be.