Anyone received their 30 day notification yet?

NicolasB

Reaction score
Yes, you bet I do... because I have 95% confidence that they will deliver within a month of when they say they will. There are more options to spec and far more colours to choose from.
The dealer will know far more than a lotus dealer does along the way and..... its almost half the price, more fun to drive, easier to park, harder to get door dings and the air con works a treat!
I remember looking at those cars when I was a teenager, I'm not sure that they have changed much since then. I've never really looked into them, but you're starting to get me interested...

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Do you know if the international buyers had notification that their car had gone into build or did it just turn up at the dealer ready for collection?
Mixed. At least one customer was told by the dealer their car had finished build and was about to be shipped from Hethel, but that information was inaccurate. The car was waiting missing parts and hadn't left Hethel on the date the dealer said. That car was delivered several weeks later but I don't believe it has been handed over yet - some cars are waiting on owners to return from trips away and one has an issues to be fixed.

I know some European dealers didn't know the transporter was arriving until the day before, or early on the morning of delivery.

With the uncertainties over parts supplies and Lotus trying to build nearly complete cars while they wait for shortages, I suspect most dealers don't know if a particular car is about to start build or is in production. They may know it is completed. That situation will improve as parts supplies get better and production ramps up.

It used to be possible pre-Covid to arrange to be at Hethel while your Elise/Exige/Evora was mid build and see it being built. With Emiras being only 10-12 hours elapsed build, it's going to be very hard to do that.

Lotustoronto

Reaction score
Mixed. At least one customer was told by the dealer their car had finished build and was about to be shipped from Hethel, but that information was inaccurate. The car was waiting missing parts and hadn't left Hethel on the date the dealer said. That car was delivered several weeks later but I don't believe it has been handed over yet - some cars are waiting on owners to return from trips away and one has an issues to be fixed.

I know some European dealers didn't know the transporter was arriving until the day before, or early on the morning of delivery.

With the uncertainties over parts supplies and Lotus trying to build nearly complete cars while they wait for shortages, I suspect most dealers don't know if a particular car is about to start build or is in production. They may know it is completed. That situation will improve as parts supplies get better and production ramps up.

It used to be possible pre-Covid to arrange to be at Hethel while your Elise/Exige/Evora was mid build and see it being built. With Emiras being only 10-12 hours elapsed build, it's going to be very hard to do that.
I understand the parts delay issues are causing havoc at the factory. Other manufactures are in the same boat. However, with about a year now to sort the shortages out, and with a relatively very small vehicle output (4K cars/yr is VERY small) I am surprised the Geely did not get involved and push some muscle around. We are talking about billions of dollars in investment into Lotus (as a brand). The result is cars are trickling out, maybe less than 100 at the moment completed and shipped.

Tom have you received any communication on your build starting in October? / Have you heard from any of the September build people and if they have set a delivery date yet?

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
I'd say a lot less than 100 shipped, maybe under 50. More than that have been built and nearly finished but are held awaiting shortage parts.

I've had no comms about Oct build start, but am not expecting any comms specifically linked to that milestone. My car could be one of the part-built ones sitting on site waiting for a part, but I don't think so. Next comms for me should be the Protect/Enhance email and then the Checkout email about 7-10 days after that. In theory the Checkout email is 30 days before delivery, so could arrive any time between 30 Sept and 31 Oct.

I've not heard if any people who've completed Checkout have also been give a delivery date. I think most of the September folks are still waiting for the Checkout email. Delivery date should be confirmed about 2 weeks after Checkout, depending on which delivery option you pick.

dgrace

Reaction score
I would love to get some insight into actual production numbers. Some Friday thread with the week’s total - there was a really good spreadsheet on CorvetteForum tracking the 2020 C8 builds. My napkin math says Lotus should be completing about 85 cars a week but is actually completing less than 10. Those numbers add up quick and my guess is US deliveries are going to slip further into/past summer 2023. Would love to be wrong.

OUI131

Reaction score
I'd say a lot less than 100 shipped, maybe under 50. More than that have been built and nearly finished but are held awaiting shortage parts.

I've had no comms about Oct build start, but am not expecting any comms specifically linked to that milestone. My car could be one of the part-built ones sitting on site waiting for a part, but I don't think so. Next comms for me should be the Protect/Enhance email and then the Checkout email about 7-10 days after that. In theory the Checkout email is 30 days before delivery, so could arrive any time between 30 Sept and 31 Oct.

I've not heard if any people who've completed Checkout have also been give a delivery date. I think most of the September folks are still waiting for the Checkout email. Delivery date should be confirmed about 2 weeks after Checkout, depending on which delivery option you pick.
So Tom, are these part finished cars sitting outside? if so hopefully some kind of protection? cos mine won’t be out in bad weather once I have it.

Leonard

Reaction score
So Tom, are these part finished cars sitting outside? if so hopefully some kind of protection? cos mine won’t be out in bad weather once I have it.
Every car produced will sit outside for a period of time at some stage of its delivery journey. Understand concerns around longer waits due to delayed parts, but I imagine that is partly why Lotus are doing all the lhd cars now so they don't have to store incomplete cars longer than necessary

Last edited:

Lotustoronto

Reaction score
Lotus just like everyone else is dealing with parts shortages... I think GM has over 100K cars sitting waiting for chips.

Check out this video for the Ford Bronco

dgrace

Reaction score
Lotus just like everyone else is dealing with parts shortages... I think GM has over 100K cars sitting waiting for chips.

Check out this video for the Ford Bronco

That Bronco article was from February. At least from what I see locally, Bronco deliveries are back up to speed.

Pops68

Reaction score
What ever side of the fence people want to sit, it’s all noise.
Lotus have promised a great daily drivable allrounder at a fair price, we are all having to wait longer than expected because the world is in a mess. Accept it or move on imo
Yep, most of us "adults" are just like children when we want something but have to wait for it...:) Having forums where you can vent and have little "temper tantrums" helps ease the tension. I had to wait 5 years to get my Pantera built and I was dying!! No forum or anyone to vent to so I went around and beat up on all the Vendors who seemed content to just take their sweet time on their part of the work. My builder hated me for that but he made a mistake being so afraid to lose his vendors he let them make the schedule...:) Hang in there and remember the anticipation is a big part of the experience. Some will not be able to wait and will drop out, others will finally get their car and experience a bit of a letdown simply because they built their expectations up during the long wait, but the rest of us (assuming we are still alive) are gunna have big ol smiles on our faces as we cruise in our new Emiras!!

Lotustoronto

Reaction score
That Bronco article was from February. At least from what I see locally, Bronco deliveries are back up to speed.
I hear ya, just pointing out how long and how many cars sit outside waiting to be finished, in comparison to our small amount of Emira's. There's probably a whole year production run of Emira's in that Bronco video!

OUI131

Reaction score
Yep, most of us "adults" are just like children when we want something but have to wait for it...:) Having forums where you can vent and have little "temper tantrums" helps ease the tension. I had to wait 5 years to get my Pantera built and I was dying!! No forum or anyone to vent to so I went around and beat up on all the Vendors who seemed content to just take their sweet time on their part of the work. My builder hated me for that but he made a mistake being so afraid to lose his vendors he let them make the schedule...:) Hang in there and remember the anticipation is a big part of the experience. Some will not be able to wait and will drop out, others will finally get their car and experience a bit of a letdown simply because they built their expectations up during the long wait, but the rest of us (assuming we are still alive) are gunna have big ol smiles on our faces as we cruise in our new Emiras!!
But how many times were you told, just a another month, it will be ‘soon’. 😃

Sirtreeman

Reaction score
Congratulations, great result!
Come on show off the spec just in case they have given my car away and not told me 😇😅
Engine: V6

Gearshift: Manual

Chassis : Tour

Paint: Dark Verdant

Black Pack: Lower Black Pack

Wheels: Gloss Black Ultra-lightweight V-spoke Forged Alloy Wheels

Caliper: Red

Tyres : Goodyear

Trim Level: TL6 - Black Alcantara, Grey Stitch

Steering Wheel: Black alcantara

Homelink

Vehicle Tracker