Anyone received their 30 day notification yet?

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
I think there were a LOT of Emira deposits made because they saw the Lotus approach to ordering genuinely refreshing when compared to Porsche and the like.
It's been pretty clear for a while though that "ForTheDrivers" is just marketing spin and doesn't actually have any basis on how you will be treated. And now this deposit lottery just adds salt to that wound. In hindsight that Porsche deposit would have been the better bet, who knew..
As an aside I pre-ordered a new watch from a Japanese start up a month ago. Just had my first update thanking me again for my order and showing me some interesting shots of production under way. It doesn't take much to keep customers informed and engaged. If a start up can do it with a 500 pound product, then...
a 500 pound watch... @. I've bought straps that cost more than that...
NOOOO I haven't... and no I dont own an expensive watch either. I did buy a Tag H in NY many years ago, I mean 25 years ago or so, but I think it may have been a women's watches haha as its quite small faced, compared to the huge men's look at my Omega watch etc.
However, I then soon realised I had a Nickel allergy and stopped wearing watches for about 20 years, until the apple watch, amazing strap, never fails.
What has all this got to do with the Emira... I dont know.. ask Leonard haha.

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Mmmm tried to order a GT3 touring in the UK basically to be told I have no chance, porche dealer in France said no problems 5 months wait, I guess porche are deliberately restricting GT3 deliveries to the UK so porche UK’s mates can flip a few quid
yes and no....
You need to take into account the demand in both countries. To do that you now need to take into account the number of sales as evidence and the price as a factor. France will charge you around 50k more for a GT3 than in the UK and give you less warranty to boot/trunk. Before you check, bear in mind the government tax of around 30k plus thousand euros is not included in the online price.... or at least it wasn't last year when I contacted them re the same car, touring of course (alert.... hate spoilers).

The UK< as I have mentioned previously>, is one of the cheapest places that actually has a sales tax, to buy a porsche in the world. Hence the very high demand. Now no doubt porsche control quantities and hence, the demand is even higher and this does give the "preferred customers" a more self satisfied feeling when they get an allocation and keeps them coming back and spending hundreds of thousands a year with porsche. This builds brand loyalty and it is clearly what UK dealers like to have and it seems to work for them as the rest of the "not at all interested in you customers" get jealous and want to join the party...... or as in yours and my case, screw you, I will get a Lotus where the queue actually means something..... Oh, my bad (as the americans say).

From a neutral point of view, you would think a simple queueing system would be best, however, if you have money then you can simply bypass that and buy a flippers car and be done with it. If you are in the "preferred customer" territory, then of course you will believe the opposite. Its like high income tax payment..... not many want to pay that much tax and think they should pay less. If you are a low income tax payer, you think the opposite...

This is life... we wont get to the bottom of it on an Emira forum.. haha... but we can try!

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
o_O Wow, this is rather disconcerting to say the least!

I am not sure whether we are to deduce that you are an ex-employee of Lotus or an employee who is rather disgruntled at the goings on at Lotus at present, or are someone known to someone who is, but either way, your post has been rather a 'shock to the system' to say the least (at least to me).

It is, after all, a matter of principle that one expects a high degree of transparency when conducting business, even though it may be difficult at times, especially when there may be many unknowns. If so, then it is better to be up front and communicate with customers, and ensure that they are briefed of the situation or the circumstances at hand.

Food for thought, and time to ponder... :unsure:
Well yes, although its no more fraudulent than the builder who is going to do your extension and you pay him 50% upfront, not 5% as for Lotus. He too doesn't have the parts and will no doubt take longer to get them than a car company.... he will also delay you with every excuse under the stars, but eventually and hopefully you get your extension and it will probably leak less than an Elise's roof.. haha. I dont think mine leaked actually.... still not much rain over here.

Scruff111S

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Well yes, although its no more fraudulent than the builder who is going to do your extension and you pay him 50% upfront, not 5% as for Lotus. He too doesn't have the parts and will no doubt take longer to get them than a car company.... he will also delay you with every excuse under the stars, but eventually and hopefully you get your extension and it will probably leak less than an Elise's roof.. haha. I dont think mine leaked actually.... still not much rain over here.
I never had any problems with my Elise roof leaking. A Caterham however is a different matter. It doesn't matter if the roof is on or off, you are going to get wet. I once gave my sister a lift to the train station 25 miles away. Needless to say it was raining and we were both soaked when we got there. On of many great memories of running 2 Caterhams as a daily driver for 8 years.

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
I never had any problems with my Elise roof leaking. A Caterham however is a different matter. It doesn't matter if the roof is on or off, you are going to get wet. I once gave my sister a lift to the train station 25 miles away. Needless to say it was raining and we were both soaked when we got there. On of many great memories of running 2 Caterhams as a daily driver for 8 years.
Ive been inside when its been raining.... westfield.... and apart from windows steaming up.... I didn't get too wet, but yes, you would think in 60 years that they would have improved the wet weather gear by now haha

Magicman

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I remember the first down pour I got caught in in my brand new s1 elise, ended up in macdonalds drive through for paper towels to stuff into the seals to stop the water p***ing in. Drove straight from there round to audi and ordered a TT

Scruff111S

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Ive been inside when its been raining.... westfield.... and apart from windows steaming up.... I didn't get too wet, but yes, you would think in 60 years that they would have improved the wet weather gear by now haha
Yes you would think so. It surely can't be that difficult to have a redesign to improve it. Its main party trick in the rain is when you drive through a puddle, the front wheels skillfully aims the water to the "doors", it goes through the gaps and lands neatly in you lap. Oh, the joys of Caterham ownership. But I have to say they are great fun.

Scruff111S

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I remember the first down pour I got caught in in my brand new s1 elise, ended up in macdonalds drive through for paper towels to stuff into the seals to stop the water p***ing in. Drove straight from there round to audi and ordered a TT
Surely you would think that Lotus engineers would have noticed getting wet in the rain while testing. Besides, all cars go through the monsoon bay in the factory to check for leaks.

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Surely you would think that Lotus engineers would have noticed getting wet in the rain while testing. Besides, all cars go through the monsoon bay in the factory to check for leaks.
maybe there was a hosepipe ban while some of them were being tested.....

The last variation on the elise roof was not too bad...relatively easy to put on and take off..... not quite press a button easy, but....
Will be interesting to see if there is ever a Spyder Emira.... Im thinking there wont be

Jon_N

Emira Fan
Reaction score
It’s perfectly normal for dealers to decide which cars are allocated to their customers isn’t it? Who knows if this chap has purchased 20 previous cars with the dealer & is their VIP client?

Always the option to cancel & take your busIness elsewhere? I completely agree the customer service is a lot worse than other leading brands…. I‘ll probably take the car when it eventually arrives, but I might just flip it on if I can make a turn as I’ll probably have taken delivery of other cars in the interim... lots of other options out there

Scruff111S

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
maybe there was a hosepipe ban while some of them were being tested.....

The last variation on the elise roof was not too bad...relatively easy to put on and take off..... not quite press a button easy, but....
Will be interesting to see if there is ever a Spyder Emira.... Im thinking there wont be
Yes, the S1 and early S2 Elise long roof was something of a faff. The later short roof was much easier. Having put 2 deposits down on the Emira before I had even seen it, I was hopeful that 131 would be a soft top. When I first saw it though, 6 July 2021, I have to say I was very impressed. A convertible Emira would be very nice, perhaps using the Exige style removable hard top panel and retro fitting a soft top. Thoughts anyone 🤔

Pugwash

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Yes, the S1 and early S2 Elise long roof was something of a faff. The later short roof was much easier. Having put 2 deposits down on the Emira before I had even seen it, I was hopeful that 131 would be a soft top. When I first saw it though, 6 July 2021, I have to say I was very impressed. A convertible Emira would be very nice, perhaps using the Exige style removable hard top panel and retro fitting a soft top. Thoughts anyone 🤔
My Caterham is pretty water tight with the full roof up and I don’t get any water through the doors, but I did build it myself and took a long time fitting the doors and roof. My Elan is similarly water tight. Of the Elise’s I have owned my S1 keeps me pretty dry. IIRC my S2 which had the short roof came with a disclaimer from Lotus with words to the effect of it was weather resistant but don’t expect it to keep the rain out. The worst is my M100 which on its first outing in the rain dripped water continuously on my wife’s shoulder, which she reminds me of on a regular basis.
I also wanted a convertible Emira, but looks like will have to wait for the Type 135 which is rumored to be available in fixed and open top.

JKP

Reaction score
Has your situation changed since August?
Last I heard, my car is now March delivery? Going to see how those who have cars feel about them before making a final decision. I am hopeful that the experience improves and the cars prove out to be as good as I hope they are. So in short, just laying in wait for now.

Gridgway

Reaction score
I'm new around here and changed my early deposit to an i4, so don't have an expectation of a delivery in the near future. There was talk of i4s delivered in December at one point, but my current guess is summer next year, but whenever it is I'll take a view then of whether I want it or not having at least test-driven the V6,

I get that people are very frustrated, but talk of fraud is a bit silly in my view. Lotus are struggling with the dire supply situation, the difficulty of getting a new car to market and their own internal issues and challenges. In the UK at least they have also been contractually explicit that the "order" is not a commitment for Lotus to sell or the customer to buy.

I was amused about the tale of buying a Caterham in 2004, can't quite see the relevance! Although I can vouch for the fact that if you don't have the roof and doors fitted, they can't be accused of leaking.

I think we should chill about it really. Real first world problem, it's just a car and it'll be worth the wait!

Jon_N

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I'm new around here and changed my early deposit to an i4, so don't have an expectation of a delivery in the near future. There was talk of i4s delivered in December at one point, but my current guess is summer next year, but whenever it is I'll take a view then of whether I want it or not having at least test-driven the V6,

I get that people are very frustrated, but talk of fraud is a bit silly in my view. Lotus are struggling with the dire supply situation, the difficulty of getting a new car to market and their own internal issues and challenges. In the UK at least they have also been contractually explicit that the "order" is not a commitment for Lotus to sell or the customer to buy.

I was amused about the tale of buying a Caterham in 2004, can't quite see the relevance! Although I can vouch for the fact that if you don't have the roof and doors fitted, they can't be accused of leaking.

I think we should chill about it really. Real first world problem, it's just a car and it'll be worth the wait!
All fair comment, although not sure reviews so far have excited me that much, but I’ll await my own test drive in due course…

Markc

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Despite the forum being a huge source of Emira-related information, not all customers are on here. Some are even using Facebook still ;)
Do you know if the international buyers had notification that their car had gone into build or did it just turn up at the dealer ready for collection?

Gridgway

Reaction score
All fair comment, although not sure reviews so far have excited me that much, but I’ll await my own test drive in due course…
That is a good point. I love how it looks, but I'm less convinced than I used to be that I want one, but I have plenty of time to make up my mind!

Reactions: xen

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
SOOOOoooooo
I just called CS, why not?

I spoke to a girl, cant recall her name, never been good with names.... as Leonardo and Tim can confirm..
She said still on for Oct production and Nov delivery, nothing new there>. However, when she added thats confirmed and wont change, I then dag / digged / dug a little deeper.
"okay, so just to confirm, you are saying that all the parts are 100% there, ready to make the car, there is no risk of a supplier delaying again and hence delaying the build, since all the parts are physically there?"
She understood my politely made, but annoying question and confirmed production say 100%, that all the parts are there, and my car, as someone who is "right up there" (haven't heard that said about me in a while), will be produced in October and wont slip (Gerrard....terrible shame).
She said they dont have any production info for 2023 and so could not confirm to any customer who was "right down below somewhere, in the middle of no mans land, looking for a land mine with no body armour", when their delivery would be, but for me... supposedly, confirmed.

I should be getting the encrypted email ....... maybe she said soon.... so on...... maybe not.
So, I still will believe it when I see it, but for those in similar positions for Oct / Nov build, it would "seem" as if we are full steam, or warm water, ahead.
In any case, and not too unrelated but, I paid the 3000 pound deposit to get my position in the Caterham build queue today! I can only assume the large fat heavy Emira will arrive before the super model, anorexic Caterham (10-12 month waiting list).

you're welcome.....

Lots_Of_Trouble

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
SOOOOoooooo
I just called CS, why not?

I spoke to a girl, cant recall her name, never been good with names.... as Leonardo and Tim can confirm..
She said still on for Oct production and Nov delivery, nothing new there>. However, when she added thats confirmed and wont change, I then dag / digged / dug a little deeper.
"okay, so just to confirm, you are saying that all the parts are 100% there, ready to make the car, there is no risk of a supplier delaying again and hence delaying the build, since all the parts are physically there?"
She understood my politely made, but annoying question and confirmed production say 100%, that all the parts are there, and my car, as someone who is "right up there" (haven't heard that said about me in a while), will be produced in October and wont slip (Gerrard....terrible shame).
She said they dont have any production info for 2023 and so could not confirm to any customer who was "right down below somewhere, in the middle of no mans land, looking for a land mine with no body armour", when their delivery would be, but for me... supposedly, confirmed.

I should be getting the encrypted email ....... maybe she said soon.... so on...... maybe not.
So, I still will believe it when I see it, but for those in similar positions for Oct / Nov build, it would "seem" as if we are full steam, or warm water, ahead.
In any case, and not too unrelated but, I paid the 3000 pound deposit to get my position in the Caterham build queue today! I can only assume the large fat heavy Emira will arrive before the super model, anorexic Caterham (10-12 month waiting list).

you're welcome.....
i personally take what CS say with a pinch of salt nowadays.

So many times have they confirmed there wont be any further delays, this is it, you're one of the earliest orders etc and you'll be "right up there"... etc and yet , further delays came and they cant answer why.....

The left hand doesnt speak to the right hand at Lotus (as in most places) , CS are in the dark and shouldnt be making any forecasts or promises