The official Lotus Emira Deposit thread

James

Reaction score
Deposit first day of ordering #1 on dealership listing - confirmation by Lotus a couple days back via email of deposit - Ont Canada - nimbus grey/red or yellow (ext) probably nimbus grey

gpsdesigns

Reaction score
deposit placed at naples, fla last week (road trip!). $2,500 refundable... have not been able to confirm place in line. :cautious: but i am guessing i'm looking at 2023.

cdbrown001

Reaction score
When I put my deposit in July, he mentioned I was 33ish. Just received my reference number today from Lotus USA.
placed my deposit on July 30th and just got my confirmation email and reference number this morning. thankfully the date on the confirmation was still noted as July 30th.

falconexe

Reaction score
First time posting here. I put my deposit down (V6 FE) last Friday via a CA, USA dealer. They said I'm north of #130 on the list, but that EACH AND EVERY deposit is garunteed to get fulfilled because "they are the largest dealer in the USA and they have a special agreement with Lotus corporate". Had to put down $5K (fully refundable per CA law).

Now after reading this thread, I'm getting a sick feeling in my stomach that I'll be looking at a 2024 delivery at the earliest. From others in this thread who have deposited with the same dealer as me, they said there are only 20 allocations for the first year. Assuming a 60-70% retention rate, that would put me around 85 on the list. Still not a good feeling. I also have received ZERO documentation from the dealer or Lotus regarding my deposit except a credit card emailed receipt. Should I be freaking out?

Anyone else have any thoughts? Should I be depressed right now, or keep my hopes up? First time Lotus customer... I almost bought a Porche GT4, but missed 2 of them by hours. Honestly, this is the most beautiful car to be produced in a very long time. I can't wait to drive mine, whenever that will be!

Last edited:

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Sorry to hear that. I'm not in the US and only know the reputations of a few US dealers. I would have thought you would get a proper sales receipt with associated terms and conditions. For example I know some dealers are committing not to add a mark up on top of MSRP. Also worth asking them to clarify timing based on the new info you now have.

Unless someone US-based pops up on here to advise, you might want to go to LotusTalk, which has a large number of existing US Lotus owners, and see what they say about the dealer's reputation.

Hopefully it'll get clarified and you'll be more comfortable. Being realistic I think you may be looking at late 2023 delivery but a lot depends on how many people pull their deposits once US pricing is confirmed in the next two weeks.

mr_joshua

Emira Fan
Reaction score
First time posting here. I put my deposit down (V6 FE) last Friday via a CA, USA dealer. They said I'm north of #130 on the list, but that EACH AND EVERY deposit is garunteed to get fulfilled because "they are the largest dealer in the USA and they have a special agreement with Lotus corporate". Had to put down $5K (fully refundable per CA law).

Now after reading this thread, I'm getting a sick feeling in my stomach that I'll be looking at a 2024 delivery at the earliest. From others in this thread who have deposited with the same dealer as me, they said there are only 20 allocations for the first year. Assuming a 60-70% retention rate, that would put me around 85 on the list. Still not a good feeling. I also have received ZERO documentation from the dealer or Lotus regarding my deposit except a credit card emailed receipt. Should I be freaking out?

Anyone else have any thoughts? Should I be depressed right now, or keep my hopes up? First time Lotus customer... I almost bought a Porche GT4, but missed 2 of them by hours. Honestly, this is the most beautiful car to be produced in a very long time. I can't wait to drive mine, whenever that will be!
I am/was apparently number #33 at my dealer in North Jersey and based on production numbers I'm expecting a 2023 delivery at earliest (maybe super late 2022). That was based on some back-of-the-napkin math based on US dealer counts @ 50 and the ramp up production numbers Lotus was quoted. They want 4800 cars a year, but they aren't going to do that year one. And that's a worldwide number. So I think it would be safe to assume you're looking at mid/late 2023 - early 2024 for delivery (just an opinion).

Regarding your dealer - I wouldn't fret over the lack of documentation. My dealer gave me a scratched out purchase agreement which I didn't even really want to sign because it didn't have any details. They'll likely refund you if you want. And the email from Lotus themselves confirming my reservation took several weeks (6+) from the date of my deposit. That could have been my dealer or it could have been Lotus. Either way, that'll be your real confirmation.

Long story short, at this point in time, unless people miraculously back out of current reservations in large numbers, I think you're in for a wait. Use it to your advantage to save money? I plan on basically paying cash for the car by the time it's ready.

Yachtie

Emira Fan
Reaction score
My deposit receipt was a signature on the UK Sales Managers business card!! :)
All seems to be going through ok except I can't get a time to view the car yet!!
I was told that when you spec the car they will require another £3k refundable payment to secure production slot although I was given no timing for this.

falconexe

Reaction score
Thanks for your replies guys!

So this morning I was on the phone with almost every dealer in the USA starting from the East Coast to the West Coast. I found a dealer who is not playing games and knows their stuff. They themselves are lotus enthusiasts and an exclusive lotus dealer. I felt like a true customer and not just a number with them. I decided to make the switch, paid a second deposit, and they are in the process of putting me into Lotus' system now. I should hear back by end of today with official paperwork and a confirmation number. Since the other dealer has not put me in with Lotus yet (after a week), I have time to call them and cancel/refund my money. I did find out that if somehow you end up submitted twice, Lotus thankfully will not cancel all orders from that customer, but instead makes them sign an extra document where you have to pick which dealer you are going with. Just in case anyone was wondering, getting on a few lists will not outright disqualify you, but I would highly recommend you do your research and find the best fit for you. I also learned that you will need to pay 10% of the final purchase price (initial deposit counts towards this) to send the build order into Lotus officially, at which point, ALL monies become non-refundable.

I also heard today that after the first 500 (FE) units are shipped to North America in 2022, there are an additional 1,500 (Non FE) or so coming in the 2023 model year, which is enough to fulfill ALL USA orders at this time. Currently there are roughly 1,200 USA confirmed preorders as of today. They also mentioned that after the FE go, there will most likely be new colors to choose from. That is music to my ears because I very much want a "Nightfall Blue" Emira.

My Color Choice:
Screen Shot 2021-09-21 at 09.52.04.png

Current Config:
  • Powertrain:
    • Engine: V6 Supercharged
    • Transmission: Manual 6 Speed with LSD
    • Chassis: Touring
    • Tires: Goodyear Eagle F1 SuperSport
  • Paint: Seneca Blue with Black Pack
    • Or Nightfall Blue if Available with Black Pack
  • Wheels: Gloss Black Ultra
  • Brakes: Red Calipers
  • Interior Trim Pack: Red Leather
    • Or Black Alcantara with Red Stitching (Let me know what you guys think of the Red Leather ha ha, my Wife loves it.)
  • Interior Steering Wheel: Black Alcantara Steering Wheel with Red 12 O'Clock Position
    • Not sure where the Red 12 o'clock option went in the config, but hopefully they bring it back!
  • Other:
    • Homelink: Yes
    • Vehicle Tracker: Yes
    • Privacy Glass: Yes
Screen Shot 2021-09-21 at 09.57.49.png

Screen Shot 2021-09-21 at 09.58.08.png

Screen Shot 2021-09-21 at 10.02.08.png

Best news, is that I went from #130+ down to the Low #70s for the V6 Manual, and that's if no one drops out. They will also ship the car to me in an ENCLOSED trailer, which is a nice touch. I am at peace with my decision and now the "patience is a virtue" game starts. I will use this time to save money and continue soaking up information. I have never ordered a bespoke car from the factory before, and I have to say, this is a bucket list moment for my life. I have always dreamed of doing this. Good luck everyone!

Last edited:

falconexe

Reaction score
Well it is official guys! I'm now a REAL Lotus Emira deposit holder!

Lotus Emira Confirmation.png

I wanted to give a HUGE Shoutout to Lotus of Indy @GatorMotorsport for making this process amazing and helping me out where another dealer had failed me. If you are in the USA, these guys will take care of you and they ship! Ask for Tony and Allison :)

Finally, I just posted some new official information (with permission) in the below thread that you may find helpful and interesting. Enjoy!

Last edited:

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
My deposit receipt was a signature on the UK Sales Managers business card!! :)
All seems to be going through ok except I can't get a time to view the car yet!!
I was told that when you spec the car they will require another £3k refundable payment to secure production slot although I was given no timing for this.
I believe the deadline is 5 Nov for paying the extra £3k, to align with end of UK dealer roadshows

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Well it is official guys! I'm now a REAL Lotus Emira deposit holder!

View attachment 422

I wanted to give a HUGE Shoutout to Lotus of Indy (Gator Motorsports) for making this process amazing and helping me out where another dealer had failed me. If you are in the USA, these guys will take care of you and they ship! Ask for Tony and Allison :)

Finally, I just posted some new official information (with permission) in the below thread that you may find helpful and interesting. Enjoy!

Congrats. It's certainly an exciting moment.

falconexe

Reaction score
Very pleased for you. Gator have a great reputation.

Edit: and great to see them on here @GatorMotorsport 👋

That's because I told @GatorMotorsport about the forum and asked if I could post about them here ha ha. I agree that It is nice to see dealers getting involved! I actually just got off the phone with them.

Apparently the privacy glass option Lotus is offering will most likely tint the engine bay window, so if you want to show off that pretty V6, you may want to opt out of it (which is a free delete option).

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I heard the privacy glass included the engine bay glass. If they’re still going with an engine cover and surrounding trim like the prototype then I’m not sure you’re really showing off much of the engine!

C60C03BD-545B-4732-A9E2-C5516C21F5DB.jpeg

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
That's because I told @GatorMotorsport about the forum and asked if I could post about them here ha ha. I agree that It is nice to see dealers getting involved! I actually just got off the phone with them.

Apparently the privacy glass option Lotus is offering will most likely tint the engine bay window, so if you want to show off that pretty V6, you may want to opt out of it (which is a free delete option).
I'm pretty sure looking at both cars the blue one has the tint the grey one doesnt

CProblems

Reaction score
Hello all!
I just completed my deposit! Was supposed to last week but the SA was on vacation.
Going with Yellow ext and alcantara with yellow stich. Still undecided on the black pack and calipers though.

TXEMIRA

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Curious if everyone in the USA received this message?

View attachment 1476

I placed a deposit on July 6th… and received this email:
View attachment 1477
But never received the top message. Curious why the difference?
Hiya! Where did you get the first message from if you didn’t receive it?

I haven’t either but we should ask the recipient for their info for sure. :)