• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

The official Lotus Emira Deposit thread

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I think for non-FE builds, my guess is you should be able to option anything a la carte. I think it's still way too early though (in terms of knowing anything fully concrete), and a lot of what's being discussed is just speculation.
My guess is it will be done mainly as packs rather than individual options. The structuring of the V6 FE specification uses packs for a lot of what will become options on the Base spec, and the same approach was used on the Evora.

Exige2000

Reaction score
Now that we've all been able to learn a good amount of information about the Emira, who's put down a deposit?
Yes i have paid second deposit , first deposit paid on the 7th july so interested to know what will happen next ? this forum seems a good way of finding out some information .

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
You should be getting another call very soon to explain next steps and confirm your indicative delivery month. Finalise spec and pay 3rd deposit in Jan.

darkling

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Welcome. You'll find lots of information and reveal event photos here. What triggered your decision? Actually it was the dealer that made my final decision. It was between a c8 and the lotus . Boardwalk chevy and boardwalk lotus where so straight forward and easy to deal with and honest about all timeframe of delivery. Tom and Kyle went out of the way to answer all the questions i had .

Raine88

Reaction score
Thanks for the update Raine88. Just curious where are you in the queue if you just put your deposit in late Nov?
I am #70 I believe. Also last week I visited them in person to take a look around, asked them again on schedules. They told me that they are hoping to start reaching out to first holders within next 2 months. Again, pushing that it's just an estimate.

GarrethN

Emira Fan
Reaction score
We’ll, I’m sorry to say, for now at least, I’m out. Deposit refund requested. Maybe when (or if) Lotus ever sort themselves out, I could well come in for one of the updated versions.

All the inconsistencies regarding this beautiful car, what will/wont be on it (without official confirmation), no i4 pricing for comparison purposes, now locking in specs before third deposits unless you’ll take a delay, it’s all just too big a risk with what for me is a significant investment. I quite simply can’t risk that on a company that still seems to be as chaotic as previously described by many on this fantastic forum.

Thanks to certain people for doing their utmost on here, with one in particular, and we all know who. Let’s just hope Lotus listen to what Tom has to say, they would do very well to pay attention.

For everyone here still in it for the ride, I wish you all the very best of luck, and most of all, I hope you all get the car you’re hoping for. Enjoy !!

andrew6382

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
We’ll, I’m sorry to say, for now at least, I’m out. Deposit refund requested. Maybe when (or if) Lotus ever sort themselves out, I could well come in for one of the updated versions.

All the inconsistencies regarding this beautiful car, what will/wont be on it (without official confirmation), no i4 pricing for comparison purposes, now locking in specs before third deposits unless you’ll take a delay, it’s all just too big a risk with what for me is a significant investment. I quite simply can’t risk that on a company that still seems to be as chaotic as previously described by many on this fantastic forum.

Thanks to certain people for doing their utmost on here, with one in particular, and we all know who. Let’s just hope Lotus listen to what Tom has to say, they would do very well to pay attention.

For everyone here still in it for the ride, I wish you all the very best of luck, and most of all, I hope you all get the car you’re hoping for. Enjoy !!
Dont know what point you are at, am hoping...... as I been told Q4 2022 for car, am hoping to get to drive one before i lock in , but ?...... well who knows. Looked at other cars, and told year for many of those Porsche Caymen GTS 4.0 :)As for Tom , I said this Tom should be made some kind of customer advocate....

richbrown

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score

Understand where you’re coming from and I pushed my FE back so have 2 deposits down for an early V6 base edition in 2023/24 so allows time to see and hear more about the car. Shame as I’m sure lotus are on to a winner and I am in no rush. Also means I have another 1.5 - 2 years with my RS5 V8 and get it remapped and on track. 💥. Good luck in whatever machine you go for

Mike-engel

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I wonder if there has been a breakdown of dropouts by market. I’ve not even been asked for my second deposit yet, let alone lock in a configuration. The US tour has come and gone and I won’t be able to see the car before being asked to do so. With the delays, I wonder how many people will bale.

SJR202

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Its a tricky one, the world has moved to pre order deposits, not so long ago deposits would only be taken when cars had a delivery schedule, many new cars have unprecedented lead times even when established in the market, given the cost of the car I wont commit to buying until I've driven it, a Sept and Nov deposit so Im not one of the first anyway, hopefully allowing true colour/test drives to determine my final decision. While I'd love to take delivery in the Summer, the longer I wait the longer I have to save for what will be the most expensive purchase I've ever made other than my house! (on which note the Emira is more expensive than my Nan's house!)

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Its a tricky one, the world has moved to pre order deposits, not so long ago deposits would only be taken when cars had a delivery schedule, many new cars have unprecedented lead times even when established in the market, given the cost of the car I wont commit to buying until I've driven it, a Sept and Nov deposit so Im not one of the first anyway, hopefully allowing true colour/test drives to determine my final decision. While I'd love to take delivery in the Summer, the longer I wait the longer I have to save for what will be the most expensive purchase I've ever made other than my house! (on which note the Emira is more expensive than my Nan's house!)
It’s inevitable that there will be production delays on a car not even in production yet. I was looking at a company Volvo EV and there’s a 9 month waiting list for that and that’s an anticipated time not given. It’s difficult committing to a car that you haven’t driven, I did in 98 on a new Z3 and it was a good car.
On the last note pretty soon a night out in a pub will be more than your nans house 😝 the way inflation is going.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I wonder if there has been a breakdown of dropouts by market. I’ve not even been asked for my second deposit yet, let alone lock in a configuration. The US tour has come and gone and I won’t be able to see the car before being asked to do so. With the delays, I wonder how many people will bale.
US second deposits won't be requested until early next year. You may not get to see the car but you should have more details, pictures of real cars in the available colours and potentially also first press reviews.

Some will bale and some may leave deposits in play but allow themselves to slip down the queue so they can get more info, see a car and/or test drive. Some people will get another car in the meantime and maybe come back later - Lotus run the risk they buy a Porsche, Corvette etc and don't come back.

But so many new cars have long wait times (and the situation won't improve in 2022) that a shrewd buyer would leave a deposit in play. You can keep kicking it down the road until you're ready, rather than pull it and risk being at the back of a long line if you decide to rejoin later.

SJR202

Emira Fan
Reaction score
US second deposits won't be requested until early next year. You may not get to see the car but you should have more details, pictures of real cars in the available colours and potentially also first press reviews.

Some will bale and some may leave deposits in play but allow themselves to slip down the queue so they can get more info, see a car and/or test drive. Some people will get another car in the meantime and maybe come back later - Lotus run the risk they buy a Porsche, Corvette etc and don't come back.

But so many new cars have long wait times (and the situation won't improve in 2022) that a shrewd buyer would leave a deposit in play. You can keep kicking it down the road until you're ready, rather than pull it and risk being at the back of a long line if you decide to rejoin later.
Spot on, Land Rover are showing 9-12 month lead time on most of its new cars and they've a pretty well established production facility. The global supply chain shortages are hitting everything from cars to phones.

Lolub

Reaction score
Hi everyone, new member, just joined today!

Has anyone heard any pricing on the base V6? I have my deposit on the FE, but I don't want or need the extras, even though they're good for resale value.

So far, magma red for me, but would love a more exotic color. Maybe available for the base V6 in 2023 when it comes out!

ksegg

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score

Has anyone heard any pricing on the base V6? I have my deposit on the FE, but I don't want or need the extras, even though they're good for resale value.

So far, magma red for me, but would love a more exotic color. Maybe available for the base V6 in 2023 when it comes out!
I don't think we're going to hear anything more for a while. Last I heard for USD it was $77-80K for non-FE.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order

Welcome!

My educated guess on UK pricing is the V6 Base will be £66k in the UK, compared to £60k for the i4 Base and £76k for the V6 FE. I think you can assume a straight read across to non-UK prices based on your local V6 FE and i4 Base prices.

Lolub

Reaction score
Welcome!

My educated guess on UK pricing is the V6 Base will be £66k in the UK, compared to £60k for the i4 Base and £76k for the V6 FE. I think you can assume a straight read across to non-UK prices based on your local V6 FE and i4 Base prices.
Thank you Tom and that makes sense to me!

I wonder when they'll start taking the deposits for the Base V6. I can't imagine already taking them for a 2023 debut. I'm contemplating switching my deposit to the base model... 🤔

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com

Latest posts