The official Lotus Emira Deposit thread

andrew6382

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Then my impartiality would be in question :)
Yes may be... this could be true.... but think you are a man of character.... and would not let money sway you. I would like to think you would hold them to account.... tell them as it should be :)

SloAlfa

Reaction score
Frankly, dealers were all over the place with first and second deposits. (Different amounts). 100%, my dealer said they will be taking that second deposit which then makes the first and second non-refundable. Your dealer choosing to not have customers pay the second deposit seems to be a way for them to guarantee they still get a car. If the customer backs out they will sell it and charge way over sticker to someone that never were on the list. Second non-refundable deposit is the best way to weed out people that were just trying to game the system or just got excited to early. My opinion, If they don’t pay a second non-refundable deposit, go to the next patient person in line.

Mike-engel

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Frankly, dealers were all over the place with first and second deposits. (Different amounts). 100%, my dealer said they will be taking that second deposit which then makes the first and second non-refundable. Your dealer choosing to not have customers pay the second deposit seems to be a way for them to guarantee they still get a car. If the customer backs out they will sell it and charge way over sticker to someone that never were on the list. Second non-refundable deposit is the best way to weed out people that were just trying to game the system or just got excited to early. My opinion, If they don’t pay a second non-refundable deposit, go to the next patient person in line.
I’m not going to ascribe any intent to their approach since I don’t know. It may very well be that they will do exactly as you say and simply refund the deposit of the person who bows out, move on to the next person in line and keep doing that until someone places a build order (essentially making the commitment). He implied that would be the approach. That would certainly be the honorable thing to do.

SloAlfa

Reaction score
I’m not going to ascribe any intent to their approach since I don’t know. It may very well be that they will do exactly as you say and simply refund the deposit of the person who bows out, move on to the next person in line and keep doing that until someone places a build order (essentially making the commitment). He implied that would be the approach. That would certainly be the honorable thing to do.
Unless there is skin (financial) in the game, there really isn’t a commitment is there. Also, honorable and car dealers usually don’t usually make the same sentence. Lol. You say that it would be horrible for someone to jump the line but it would be worse to me a dealer game the system and award a customer that never was on the list and line their pockets. I hope they don’t do that.

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
If Lotus can produce 100 cars a week, then it would take 7 weeks to produce 700 cars. Starting in September, they could have all 700 cars produced by the third week of October, which gives them plenty of time to ship all 700 cars by the end of December.

Mike-engel

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Unless there is skin (financial) in the game, there really isn’t a commitment is there. Also, honorable and car dealers usually don’t usually make the same sentence. Lol. You say that it would be horrible for someone to jump the line but it would be worse to me a dealer game the system and award a customer that never was on the list and line their pockets. I hope they don’t do that.
Lol. I like to assume the best intentions when dealing with individuals. It’s impersonal systems that give me pause.

SloAlfa

Reaction score
If Lotus can produce 100 cars a week, then it would take 7 weeks to produce 700 cars. Starting in September, they could have all 700 cars produced by the third week of October, which gives them plenty of time to ship all 700 cars by the end of December

That would assume all cars being built were for the US market.

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
That would assume all cars being built were for the US market.
I think they are. It looks like the first half of this year is production for all the U.K. cars (right-hand drive), then they'll switch to North America production starting in September.

SloAlfa

Reaction score
I think they are. It looks like the first half of this year is production for all the U.K. cars (right-hand drive), then they'll switch to North America production starting in September.
Let’s hope so. There are other countries that have left hand drive. :). Not being difficult, just assume the number won’t be just US market or even North America.

I think the schedule posted looks to be probably the most realistic. still have doubts of 700 cars making it here this year.

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
I don't think that's how it works... plus the production schedule has already been highlighted and it's monthly starting September through the next year for North America.
Well yes they aren't stopping in December. I'm just relaying what the guy at Bellevue said. He double-checked and they said all 700 North America cars scheduled for this year will be delivered from October to December.

Magma

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Well yes they aren't stopping in December. I'm just relaying what the guy at Bellevue said. He double-checked and they said all 700 North America cars scheduled for this year will be delivered from October to December.
OK I have Allison checking in on this again as well. Hopefully we'll get some clarification soon. I honestly hope you are right, but not holding my breath either.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I have a hunch it'll be about 60% of production in Q4 going to North America. So that delivers 700 cars in Oct-Dec and the other 450 for UK/ROW (or WONA :) )

TXEMIRA

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Cost of shipping.

It’s simple really. If someone is just willing to pay the cost of shipping - they should be able to get a car in the order of their deposit.

Heck. I’d go for a RHD at this point.
It’s ridiculous to have to ask these questions at this point.

It should all be known by now.

Shipping.
Just tell us what it would cost.

FederGigant

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
If it helps: We also have left hand drive in Germany and I'll get mine in July (ordered mid October 21). That means that at least Germany, but maybe the whole European countries are getting their cars before the US. And that means that there are a lot more cars to build than just UK ones.

TXEMIRA

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
If it helps: We also have left hand drive in Germany and I'll get mine in July (ordered mid October 21). That means that at least Germany, but maybe the whole European countries are getting their cars before the US. And that means that there are a lot more cars to build than just UK ones.
I am happy you’re in there so early. Odd how it all works but still very exciting!