Modal Dampers Available Now!

Can you maintain the stock ride height with both m1 and m3?
I really liked the setup sheets posted earlier in the thread. I’ve never used the “bottom of rim to wheel arch” measurements before. It shows how much Lotus fit and finish has improved that you can do that with the Emira 😂.

For what it’s worth, my Bathurst Edition is set up about 20mm lower than standard all round based on the numbers posted earlier and I’m running M3s. Once you are on the move, the improved body control means you stand much less chance of bottoming out, even at my ride height, with the Modals. I have only once, lightly touched the skid pucks under my splitter and that was on a pothole that covered the whole width of the road and was dangerously deep. I’ve never seen anything like it before and I thought it would take the whole front end off the car but it highlighted to me once again, just how good the Modals are. And I probably got a bit lucky too!

Of course, driveways are their own unique challenge and if you want standard ride height there is certainly enough thread on the damper body to get you there. The trade off is the amount of droop travel you will have and I don’t know what droop the standard dampers have but again, the Modals should have better control over this, so it might not be too big an issue. Personally, I would look to see if you can do anything to smooth the driveway 😂.

Are you coming to Lotus week? Should be a few Modal equipped cars for you to sample if you are. Plus it would be great to catch up.
 
I really liked the setup sheets posted earlier in the thread. I’ve never used the “bottom of rim to wheel arch” measurements before. It shows how much Lotus fit and finish has improved that you can do that with the Emira 😂.
Agreed, the bodywork on Lotus are bolted to the chassis. Not ideal, hence the reason ride height is measured from the bottom of the chassis.
 

Attachments

  • emira ride height.webp
    emira ride height.webp
    62.8 KB · Views: 11

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Supporting Vendors View all →
Back
Top