• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

The official Lotus Emira Deposit thread

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Thank you Tom and that makes sense to me!

I wonder when they'll start taking the deposits for the Base V6. I can't imagine already taking them for a 2023 debut. I'm contemplating switching my deposit to the base model... 🤔
In the UK it’s a single queue until you get asked the question, then you get to go into V6 FE or ”other”. Then later they’ll ask about i4 FE versus base. Generally your place in each sub-queue is determined by your original deposit date.

I believe US dealers are working to a similar principle. So if you had deposit #1 overall but decide to go for i4 FE then you’re #1 in that queue. Dealers don’t have 2023 allocations yet but I’d expect they’d still be willing to take a deposit against a Base Edition car, or re-allocate your current deposit and preserve the original deposit date.

Lolub

Reaction score
In the UK it’s a single queue until you get asked the question, then you get to go into V6 FE or ”other”. Then later they’ll ask about i4 FE versus base. Generally your place in each sub-queue is determined by your original deposit date.

I believe US dealers are working to a similar principle. So if you had deposit #1 overall but decide to go for i4 FE then you’re #1 in that queue. Dealers don’t have 2023 allocations yet but I’d expect they’d still be willing to take a deposit against a Base Edition car, or re-allocate your current deposit and preserve the original deposit date.
Thank you Tom, very helpful and very clear! I appreciate it! 👍🤗

Mike-engel

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
US second deposits won't be requested until early next year. You may not get to see the car but you should have more details, pictures of real cars in the available colours and potentially also first press reviews.

Some will bale and some may leave deposits in play but allow themselves to slip down the queue so they can get more info, see a car and/or test drive. Some people will get another car in the meantime and maybe come back later - Lotus run the risk they buy a Porsche, Corvette etc and don't come back.

But so many new cars have long wait times (and the situation won't improve in 2022) that a shrewd buyer would leave a deposit in play. You can keep kicking it down the road until you're ready, rather than pull it and risk being at the back of a long line if you decide to rejoin later.
Yeah. I’m just wondering if there’s already data about this now that some time has passed and folks have been able to think about their priorities. I’m going Evora then Emira, and may even keep both. Good times.

TXEMIRA

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
The “7th Call” Thread or the “48th Communication” Thread are both going to be awesome.

I can’t wait.

My “Today is day 166 without a proactive communication” Thread would be a funny one.

Island is getting hotter. No idea what season it is. SOS sign is fading. This volleyball is all I’ve got.

Configuration number 7,468 looks good. Think I’ll save this one too. All I have are these lower case and upper case letters along with some numbers. What will become of me?

Dear Lotus America - do better.

No. Wait. No news is good news. Stay the course please.

Wait. Hang on. No. Yeah. I’d like to know how the line is going to work.

:)

Yours truly. #ForTheWaiters

JKP

Emira Fan
Reaction score
The “7th Call” Thread or the “48th Communication” Thread are both going to be awesome.

I can’t wait.

My “Today is day 166 without a proactive communication” Thread would be a funny one.

Island is getting hotter. No idea what season it is. SOS sign is fading. This volleyball is all I’ve got.

Configuration number 7,468 looks good. Think I’ll save this one too. All I have are these lower case and upper case letters along with some numbers. What will become of me?

That is some funny shit.

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

I can’t wait.

Here's an idea: take your favorite Configuration code and turn it into a personal vanity plate. Then see who is savvy enough to know what it's about.

Maverick1

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Just wondering how the allocations work.
Last week input a deposit down on a V6 manual base edition.
I did receive a submission ID number, does this mean anything, or just that I'm on a list?

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Just wondering how the allocations work.
Last week input a deposit down on a V6 manual base edition.
I did receive a submission ID number, does this mean anything, or just that I'm on a list?
You are just on a list. When we all placed the first deposit we had a submission ID.

Maverick1

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
You are just on a list. When we all placed the first deposit we had a submission ID.
What's the next step after you get a submission ID?
So any idea what are the chances are that I'll get an allocation?
I'm like 43 on the list.

SloAlfa

Reaction score
What's the next step after you get a submission ID?
So any idea what are the chances are that I'll get an allocation?
I'm like 43 on the list.
From what I understand it depends on what you want. In the US, allocations will be by Trim and Transmission. For example: V6 Auto vs V6 Manual etc. supposably I am #9 on the allocation list at my dealer for a auto V6. I’m expecting 2023 delivery. I’m sure there will be churn when the “non refundable” deposits are taken so we will see I guess. That’s just what I hear, doesn’t mean that’s what will happen. Very little info out there. I never got an ID so you are already ahead of me on that, maybe that is a dealer thing? Or did you get a email from lotus?

Maverick1

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Does anyone know how long after you make your initial deposit that you will be contacted to decide on your options?
I guess since I'm getting the base edition, I won't hear anything for some time.
It would be nice just to get a confirmation that I will be getting a car.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
It'll depend on country, dealer and whether you've already indicated V6/i4 and First Edition/Base Edition. All dealers should have greater clarity on allocations, timings and process by end of Jan. So I'd expect them to start contacting deposit holders soon after.

Maverick1

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
It'll depend on country, dealer and whether you've already indicated V6/i4 and First Edition/Base Edition. All dealers should have greater clarity on allocations, timings and process by end of Jan. So I'd expect them to start contacting deposit holders soon after.
Thanks Tom.
Wouldn't base edition folks be contacted much later since production for these cars won't start until 2023 at the earliest.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
That's right in terms of actually specifying it, but you should get an update in a few weeks to explain the timeframes for Base deliveries and hence when you'll need to submit your specification.