The official Lotus Emira Deposit thread

Lankan

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I placed my deposit in April and believe I'm somewhere in the first 100 UK. Going for a V6 manual and likely to be a First Edition. From the current published info it'll probably be Hethel Yellow with black wheels and interior.

But I'm waiting more info on FE vs own spec and when the extra 7 colours are going to be available. I've got two Laser Blue Lotus already and would love to have an Emira the same colour. Also tempted by yellow as a traditional Lotus colour but concerned the Hethel Yellow is a flat paint rather than metallic/pearlescent.

View attachment 172
Certainly, a colour combo I like - having already owned 5 cars finished in yellow (of varying shades and finishes), it is a colour I gravitate towards, so, it was only natural to spec the Emira in Hethel Yellow! (y)

Last edited:

eran.lyle

Reaction score
New to forum. I paid my deposit to HI TECH LUXURY IMPORTS in Austin, Texas on July 17. Dark Verdant with Tan Nappa…yellow calipers. V6.

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Now that we've all been able to learn a good amount of information about the Emira, who's put down a deposit?
I have, and its interesting that in doing so you are applying for the opportunity to purchase the car (according to the confirmation I received). Awaiting something more in terms of explanation/action. It could be related to the limited U.S. supply of the Launch 'First Edition' series. Nothing like stirring up the anticipation, eh?

OP
supersix

supersix

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
New to forum. I paid my deposit to HI TECH LUXURY IMPORTS in Austin, Texas on July 17. Dark Verdant with Tan Nappa…yellow calipers. V6.

Did they say how many people happened to be on the waiting list for the Emira?

mr_joshua

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I placed my deposit in April and believe I'm somewhere in the first 100 UK. Going for a V6 manual and likely to be a First Edition. From the current published info it'll probably be Hethel Yellow with black wheels and interior.

But I'm waiting more info on FE vs own spec and when the extra 7 colours are going to be available. I've got two Laser Blue Lotus already and would love to have an Emira the same colour. Also tempted by yellow as a traditional Lotus colour but concerned the Hethel Yellow is a flat paint rather than metallic/pearlescent.

View attachment 172
Hey, when you say "flat" (as in non-glossy) did you mean "solid" (versus metallic) finish? Not nit-picking just more wondering what leads you to believe that? Is that the historic Lotus yellow color? I'm pretty solidly sold on yellow - my only debate is the black pack which I see you added - looks menacing with the black wheels. Really awesome. I might also go with red calipers if there's a risk that the "yellows" don't match. I've also played with Red, Grey and Black interiors - still pretty undecided there.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Hey, when you say "flat" (as in non-glossy) did you mean "solid" (versus metallic) finish? Not nit-picking just more wondering what leads you to believe that? Is that the historic Lotus yellow color? I'm pretty solidly sold on yellow - my only debate is the black pack which I see you added - looks menacing with the black wheels. Really awesome. I might also go with red calipers if there's a risk that the "yellows" don't match. I've also played with Red, Grey and Black interiors - still pretty undecided there.
I was told by senior Lotus staff at Goodwood that Hethel Yellow is a flat colour, which they meant as not metallic. So it is a solid colour like Solid Yellow on the latest Elise. They said all the other First Edition colours have some small amount of metallic fleck and yellow is the only one that doesn’t. They didn’t mean yellow was a matte colour.

mr_joshua

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I was told by senior Lotus staff at Goodwood that Hethel Yellow is a flat colour, which they meant as not metallic. So it is a solid colour like Solid Yellow on the latest Elise. They said all the other First Edition colours have some small amount of metallic fleck and yellow is the only one that doesn’t. They didn’t mean yellow was a matte colour.
Thanks so much for clarifying.. that's great info. I'm sure others might want to know that. Glad I asked!

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I placed a 5k refundable deposit 💵 before the car was even launched back in early May. Needless to say definitely happy about making that decision, as I’ll get the first customer delivered Emira in Sydney Australia 🇦🇺 in July 2022.
Wow, that's a really exciting position to be in and just reward for your faith back in May. You may even have the media beating a path to your door (for better or worse! :ROFLMAO: )

Schumacher

Reaction score
Star Motor Cars Houston
$2500 refundable
Dealer says their floor model arrives in November. They don't know if it will be MSRP. They don't know how many cars they will get in their initial allotment.

JPS_67

Reaction score
Deposited yesterday. Got #15. Looking forward to the live meeting.
my emira.JPG

Last edited:

prestonc

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I heard from a friend yesterday, a deposit had been returned with 'We're not taking any more deposits' as the reason.
I don't know the exact date he placed the deposit, but I would keep an eye on your bank accounts if you've recently paid your deposit.
*** This is second hand news - Not from my dealer or Lotus, but I have no reason to not beleive him ***