The official Lotus Emira Deposit thread

bif

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Placed my $2500 down for one if the first edition‘s at Victory Lotus in NJ. I am #10 on the list, make mine yellow/ black pack/ superlight silver wheels! Can’t wait!
This is what I am heavily leaning toward myself. What calipers and interior?

Gemolack

Reaction score
Yep. Deposit paid. Leaning towards the dark grey although the blue looks stunning
Lotus.PNG
!.

CoryC

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Deposit in, certainly can't be built soon enough! Hoping to be among the first wave of deliveries here in the US... V6 w/ manual transmission for the win!

prestonc

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Deposit in, certainly can't be built soon enough! Hoping to be among the first wave of deliveries here in the US... V6 w/ manual transmission for the win!
Did you just place the deposit now?

If you have, I fear you're a few thousand behind mate :(

CoryC

Emira Fan
Reaction score

If you have, I fear you're a few thousand behind mate

If you have, I fear you're a few thousand behind mate :(
Thankfully, no... I got in a couple days after the reveal... 13th order at my dealership here in NJ and I'm told their one of the larger Lotus stores in the northeast, so 🤞. I'm also hoping there's a few 4 cylinder orders ahead of me that I might leap-frog as well... Lots of wishful thinking, I know!!

prestonc

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Thankfully, no... I got in a couple days after the reveal... 13th order at my dealership here in NJ and I'm told their one of the larger Lotus stores in the northeast, so 🤞. I'm also hoping there's a few 4 cylinder orders ahead of me that I might leap-frog as well... Lots of wishful thinking, I know!!
Hope so! The V6 will be the first of the bunch to come off of the line though.

Keep us all posted!!

CoryC

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Hope so! The V6 will be the first of the bunch to come off of the line though.

Keep us all posted!!
Definitely... I was July 9th (and still feel late to the party!) and I'm a V6 MT purist... thus my hope for a few four cyls ahead of me so I "bump up" a bit more!

prestonc

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Definitely... I was July 9th (and still feel late to the party!) and I'm a V6 MT purist... thus my hope for a few four cyls ahead of me so I "bump up" a bit more!
I was the eighth July. My dealer told me 2000 deposits in the first week, and most came from the Goodwood Festival of speed event (10th onwards). Should be nice and early

Gemolack

Reaction score
Grey looks great. Did I not see a black car on one of the launches?
If not black I’m leaning towards the green or gray.
HI i don't think Black is an option at the moment. Jenson Button took the grey one with silver wheels around Goodwood. The V6 sounded awesome.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I placed my deposit in April and believe I'm somewhere in the first 100 UK. Going for a V6 manual and likely to be a First Edition. From the current published info it'll probably be Hethel Yellow with black wheels and interior.

But I'm waiting more info on FE vs own spec and when the extra 7 colours are going to be available. I've got two Laser Blue Lotus already and would love to have an Emira the same colour. Also tempted by yellow as a traditional Lotus colour but concerned the Hethel Yellow is a flat paint rather than metallic/pearlescent.

Yellow three quarter with black pack.JPG

Joeszo31

Reaction score
I placed my deposit in April and believe I'm somewhere in the first 100 UK. Going for a V6 manual and likely to be a First Edition. From the current published info it'll probably be Hethel Yellow with black wheels and interior.

But I'm waiting more info on FE vs own spec and when the extra 7 colours are going to be available. I've got two Laser Blue Lotus already and would love to have an Emira the same colour. Also tempted by yellow as a traditional Lotus colour but concerned the Hethel Yellow is a flat paint rather than metallic/pearlescent.

View attachment 172
Deposit placed with my first choice on the same color combo, with the diamond cut v-spokes. V6 with manual. Of the colors offered so far, I think the yellow really lends itself to show off its curves the best.

Also thinking about passing on the obvious choice of black and going with the tan interior, as it appears to be more of a carmel than a tan.

CanadianEmira

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Deposit today. Was told will be 2023 until I get a car :(
Will be awaiting some real world reviews and the next generation M2 comp is also in the running as I have owned BMW for some time, but my plan is to try to wait, just was planning a new car early next year not an entire year or MORE later....

(edit: was told I'm number 93 on the dealer list - they didn't tell me where I am on the whole lotus list, if there is one)
What dealership was this?

And as a current M2C owner and someone who’s seen the design of the next 2 series… wait for the Emira. :)

PaulP

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
What dealership was this?

And as a current M2C owner and someone who’s seen the design of the next 2 series… wait for the Emira. :)

Naples, FL.

Planning on the wait at this point. However still considering the next 2 - awaiting formal release. The mid 4 second 0-60 of the Emira is still a turn-off. Just too slow for a car that looks that good. I'm really hoping the formal launch will show better figures, and I'm really hoping to see the real world performance of the DCT option. I can't find it in my heart to be excited about a Toyota engine when there is an AMG option.

Gemolack

Reaction score
Naples, FL.

Planning on the wait at this point. However still considering the next 2 - awaiting formal release. The mid 4 second 0-60 of the Emira is still a turn-off. Just too slow for a car that looks that good. I'm really hoping the formal launch will show better figures, and I'm really hoping to see the real world performance of the DCT option. I can't find it in my heart to be excited about a Toyota engine when there is an AMG option.
I just cant get my head around a 2litre engine in a car looking like that. The V6 sounds amazing and I heard an interview with the MD of Lotus at Goodwood the car will be running at 416BHP for the V6. By Lotus using the V6 its help keep the cost down. I think the 0-60 will be closer to the 4 seconds which in the real world is quick enough. If that's not fast enough there is all sorts of kits you can add!

PaulP

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I just cant get my head around a 2litre engine in a car looking like that. The V6 sounds amazing and I heard an interview with the MD of Lotus at Goodwood the car will be running at 416BHP for the V6. By Lotus using the V6 its help keep the cost down. I think the 0-60 will be closer to the 4 seconds which in the real world is quick enough. If that's not fast enough there is all sorts of kits you can add!
I’m also not at all sure the release car will sound like what was at Goodwood. I have read that was a special exhaust that will not be on production car - but agree it sounded good. I guess I’ve got a year to make a decision given the long wait…. I agree 2 liter not exciting either but a hand built AMG engine vs. a Toyota engine? The beauty of this car sold me, but the internals are killing me. Another 10G on a better engine choice would have been a no brainer for me

Magma

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I’m also not at all sure the release car will sound like what was at Goodwood. I have read that was a special exhaust that will not be on production car - but agree it sounded good. I guess I’ve got a year to make a decision given the long wait…. I agree 2 liter not exciting either but a hand built AMG engine vs. a Toyota engine? The beauty of this car sold me, but the internals are killing me. Another 10G on a better engine choice would have been a no brainer for me
I sure hope you're wrong about the exhaust note. Seems a total bait and switch to me.
That sound was amazing!

CanadianEmira

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I sure hope you're wrong about the exhaust note. Seems a total bait and switch to me.
That sound was amazing!
It will be the same exhaust, but under 3000rpm will be slightly quieter in production versions, as the bypass valves were were left wide open in this range for Goodwood.

I also think manufacturer reported 0-60 times on the faster model will be around 4.0 seconds, with the real world times coming in slightly under. I just don’t see how they couldn’t in a car with that weight and that power. It might very well be that it’s the AMG with the DCT that accomplishes that, though.

Cwolf

Emira Fan
Reaction score
It will be the same exhaust, but under 3000rpm will be slightly quieter in production versions, as the bypass valves were were left wide open in this range for Goodwood.

I also think manufacturer reported 0-60 times on the faster model will be around 4.0 seconds, with the real world times coming in slightly under. I just don’t see how they couldn’t in a car with that weight and that power. It might very well be that it’s the AMG with the DCT that accomplishes that, though.
Also, in UK they use soft limiters, right? In the U.S. we have no such restriction.