Received an email from Lotus today, don't know what it really means.

Maverick1

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Not sure if this means I'm guaranteed an allocation or not, I think so.
Also, says I will be configuring my car in the winter.
I would assume they are referring to next winter, 2023?
Just happy to receive any communication at this point.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220121-115416_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20220121-115416_Gmail.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 433
Not sure if this means I'm guaranteed an allocation or not, I think so.
Also, says I will be configuring my car in the winter.
I would assume they are referring to next winter, 2023?
Just happy to receive any communication at this point.
they seem to be sending these out finally. I got mine today. I hope its not 2023 winter to start configuring.. if it is, I'm out. I am assuming that means sometime in the winter we will be configuring and order the car.. delivery in 2023.

Configuration process will start winter 2022.

Depending where you are in the running order, you might be configuring then for delivery 3-4 months later, or your slot might mean specifying in early 2023 for delivery 3-4 months after that.

Depending where you are in the running order, you might be configuring then for delivery 3-4 months later, or your slot might mean specifying in early 2023 for delivery 3-4 months after that.
Tom, winter 2022?
Aren't we currently in winter 2022 right now?
I mean it's definitely 2022, and last week we got over a foot of snow, ie winter.
Can you please be a little more specific, like year and month?
So according to your post, configuration should be starting any week now?

Sorry, you're right. Calendar Q4 2022 onwards

Sorry, you're right. Calendar Q4 2022 onwards
Well that sucks.
How long after you configure your car can you expect delivery?
Would be great if it's 4 months lag time.
Configure in Dec 2022, delivery April 2023, perfect timing.
Wouldn't really be driving it any earlier here in Canada.

Well that sucks.
How long after you configure your car can you expect delivery?
Would be great if it's 4 months lag time.
Configure in Dec 2022, delivery April 2023, perfect timing.
Wouldn't really be driving it any earlier here in Canada.
I said above, it looks like specification is finalised 3-4 months prior to delivery.

But it's phased and driven backward-wise from the production schedule.

So if you have a build slot in April 2023 then you'd finalise spec in Dec 2022. If you're lower down the list and have a build slot in July 2023 then you'd finalise spec in March 2023.

What no one knows for certain yet is when build slots start for each country for each engine variant, although we have some indication. We also don't know yet where on each dealer's list it means you are in the sequence after each build run starts. That will become clearer over the next 2-3 months as approvals get completed and production start date approaches.

The process for the i4 is running about 3-4 months after the equivalent V6 process.

I said above, it looks like specification is finalised 3-4 months prior to delivery.

But it's phased and driven backward-wise from the production schedule.

So if you have a build slot in April 2023 then you'd finalise spec in Dec 2022. If you're lower down the list and have a build slot in July 2023 then you'd finalise spec in March 2023.

What no one knows for certain yet is when build slots start for each country for each engine variant, although we have some indication. We also don't know yet where on each dealer's list it means you are in the sequence after each build run starts. That will become clearer over the next 2-3 months as approvals get completed and production start date approaches.

The process for the i4 is running about 3-4 months after the equivalent V6 process.
Thanks Tom.
The salesman at my dealership told me that my second payment will represent 10% of the purchase price, above the $2,500 initial deposit I've already paid.
That second payment will happen at the time I configure the car to my specs, so Nov 2022 on.
Does this sound right?

Thanks Tom.
The salesman at my dealership told me that my second payment will represent 10% of the purchase price, above the $2,500 initial deposit I've already paid.
That second payment will happen at the time I configure the car to my specs, so Nov 2022 on.
Does this sound right?
That was the case but no more. The memo may not have made it to the states tho ;)

Thanks Tom.
Does this sound right?

Some of the deposit value and timing is controlled by Lotus but some is controlled by the dealer. The UK approach has changed in December but I don't know if it will change for Canada/US or be applied in the same way by each dealer. Sorry I can't be more specific, I suggest this is one to discuss with your dealer in early Feb once they have the update from Lotus.

This for all US and Canada? Or...?

I'm in the US and got this email on September 3, 2021. It's exactly the same except it said that I can look forward to configuring and completing my order in the Fall. Well, that timeframe has come and gone, so I'm hoping to be in the first group of US configurations, and I'm hoping it's this Winter (Jan/Feb 2022).

I received the same email also, I gave my deposit in recently and was told I am number 70 on the list and the car could be ready in Spring of 2023 or later.

I received the same email also, I gave my deposit in recently and was told I am number 70 on the list and the car could be ready in Spring of 2023 or later.
Yes, long island, im here too. 2023 Or later, like 2050 is later so is 2056. Mm. They keep taking those $$$ deposits though.

Did you leave your deposit at the Huntington Lotus store? That is where I did.
I have a deposit there as well. Have you guys heard anything from them. They really havent told me anything other than they are waiting for allocations. and they should here back soon but its been over a month

Back