My wild Emira predictions, come shoot holes in it.

OP
Wiz33

Wiz33

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Who is your dealer and do you have a formal agreement with them for this? When I mentioned to my US dealer that I would like to move my deposit to a Final Edition, they told me that there is nothing official on this and it's only a rumor.

Not really a prediction. V6 production will end at some point and my deposit is just for a V6 manual before they close down the line. I basically just put down another deposit on a V6 with no delivery date.

Last edited:

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
3.0 or whatever it ends up being called is pretty much a certainty with the delay on the base configurator or they have to close down the factory or layoff a lot of people between 2.0 and the start of I4 production as I don't think there's enough order to fill a 6 months gap in production even with the leftover V6 auto quantity.
They could slow down the line to accommodate and will most likely need to anyway to begin implementing new base model trims. Different seats and materials, ADAS integration etc. There will be a learning curve from the 2 years of first editions with some of the new items that will most likely require slowing down the line to integrate. Along with the fact they can continue to build out the North American market for most of 2024. Plus Chinese i4's and other markets that don't require additional regulation will still be receiving i4's.

Steve24

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Quick question: what is this 1.0, 2.0, 3.0 business?
What does it actually mean?
It seems to be mentioned quite a lot on here but I have no idea what you’re talking about.
Thanks.

OP
Wiz33

Wiz33

Emira Fan
Reaction score
They could slow down the line to accommodate and will most likely need to anyway to begin implementing new base model trims. Different seats and materials, ADAS integration etc. There will be a learning curve from the 2 years of first editions with some of the new items that will most likely require slowing down the line to integrate. Along with the fact they can continue to build out the North American market for most of 2024. Plus Chinese i4's and other markets that don't require additional regulation will still be receiving i4's.
Except that my dealer have already been told to expect more FE allocation and Since I have deposit on both an I4 and a V6, He can get me into a V6 manual by end of 2024 ahead of my I4

morphious

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Quick question: what is this 1.0, 2.0, 3.0 business?
What does it actually mean?
It seems to be mentioned quite a lot on here but I have no idea what you’re talking about.
Thanks.
Not sure about 3.0, but in North America they only originally released 700 total FE's. As the delays continued and UK was still getting to order FE's with no limit, Lotus allotted another 500 FE cars to NA but they upped the price and gave 7 more color options and internally labelled them FE 2.0's. Basically, same car, higher price, more paint color options.

Steve24

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Not sure about 3.0, but in North America they only originally released 700 total FE's. As the delays continued and UK was still getting to order FE's with no limit, Lotus allotted another 500 FE cars to NA but they upped the price and gave 7 more color options and internally labelled them FE 2.0's. Basically, same car, higher price, more paint color options.

Ah, ok. Thanks.

EZcheezy

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
the FE 3.0 is just speculation. some think they will delay the base even longer and make another round of FE

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Sounds like FE2 is still happening? - Post monday saying he just got a FE2 allocation : https://www.emiraforum.com/threads/order-placed-post-your-—final—-spec-here.557/post-112323

Or have they already extended FE2 beyond the original numbers ?
I can confirm they have extended V2 manual V6 allocations to fill in for the auto and i4 orders. Not just from North America, but since the i4 has been delayed in UK and EU as well, I would expect a healthy amount of additional V2 F/E allocations coming through until probably Feb / March. It looks like a good amount of deposit holders in the base camp will be offered F/E V2 as the base won't be showing up for at least another 12-18 months.

EZcheezy

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I can confirm they have extended V2 manual V6 allocations to fill in for the auto and i4 orders. Not just from North America, but since the i4 has been delayed in UK and EU as well, I would expect a healthy amount of additional V2 F/E allocations coming through until probably Feb / March. It looks like a good amount of deposit holders in the base camp will be offered F/E V2 as the base won't be showing up for at least another 12-18 months.
you can confirm they are increasing the amount of FE 2.0 coming to USA? and base deposit holders will be offered a FE 2.0 instead? source?

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
you can confirm they are increasing the amount of FE 2.0 coming to USA? and base deposit holders will be offered a FE 2.0 instead? source?
dealer in Toronto (source) - How many additional is unknown and probably won't clear the entire base order bank, but will be more than the 700 they originally slated. We are already seeing additional allocations getting put out. I am one of them.

OP
Wiz33

Wiz33

Emira Fan
Reaction score

Yes, I missed the FE 2.0 allocation by 2 weeks. So I place a deposit for an I4 with an original delivery date of June 24 and a V6 manual with no delivery date and I was just told that I can have the V6 manual by end of 2024 if I want.

EZcheezy

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I see what you guys are saying. I just called lotus of dallas to ask about it and the i4 guys and auto guys can get an FE. im stuck with a base however

tho I may get an opportunity to upgrade to FE 2.0 if enough people ahead of me cancel. im #106 now and they are getting about 80 FE 1.0 2.0 combined

OP
Wiz33

Wiz33

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I see what you guys are saying. I just called lotus of dallas to ask about it and the i4 guys and auto guys can get an FE. im stuck with a base however

tho I may get an opportunity to upgrade to FE 2.0 if enough people ahead of me cancel. im #106 now and they are getting about 80 FE 1.0 2.0 combined

I would call around and see if any dealer in another city or closeby state have free additional FE 2.0 allocation. When did you place your deposit?

vcappp

Reaction score
The question for those with US V6 auto reservation is that if they do get the V6 auto certified and start shipping in mid 2024. They should complete all the FE 1.0/2.0 backlog in a few months and before I4 production starts. How would you feel after the delay, if you knew you could have wait another few months and get the I4 with the same power, a DCT, better handling and much better gas mileage.
I specifically want V6 supercharged with standard Auto , do not want the i4 “turbo“ whatever horse power… do not want “turbo” and “4 cyl”

EZcheezy

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I would call around and see if any dealer in another city or closeby state have free additional FE 2.0 allocation. When did you place your deposit?
maybe i will. my deposit was july 2023

tvs_1320

Reaction score
Any guesses on how large the overall market for North America Emira is going to be? I think there were about 2400 total Evora's in the US right? I know the look and more-daily friendly nature of the emira will grow that market some - but it's in a similar price point. 2x? larger?

With 1200+ first editions being delivered "soon" and I thought one of the Gator updates said they planned 2000 cars for the NA market in 2024 (that may have been when they thought they could produce/certify V6 Auto and I4 though).

How deep is the demand going to be?

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Any guesses on how large the overall market for North America Emira is going to be? I think there were about 2400 total Evora's in the US right? I know the look and more-daily friendly nature of the emira will grow that market some - but it's in a similar price point. 2x? larger?

With 1200+ first editions being delivered "soon" and I thought one of the Gator updates said they planned 2000 cars for the NA market in 2024 (that may have been when they thought they could produce/certify V6 Auto and I4 though).

How deep is the demand going to be?
I imagine you will see more Emira's by the end of 2024 in the US than all Evora's ever made in 12 years. As for demand, nobody knows. But all signs are pointing that all sports car demand is way down in general.