V6 vs I4 Steering Feel?

prince077

Member
Joined
Sep 4, 2026
Messages
17
Reaction score
11
My Specs:
Emira V6
I’m currently trying to decide between the V6 automatic and the i4 Emira. I’m well aware of the IPS transmission’s shortcomings, and after a lot of consideration and helpful feedback from @Tracked Emira I’m leaning toward the i4, even after looking into potential V6 upgrades like the BOE enhancement kit and Quaife LSD.


However, the biggest deciding factor for me is steering feel.


Has anyone driven both versions back-to-back and noticed a meaningful difference in steering weight, feedback, or overall feel?


In the video linked below, around the 20-minute mark, the reviewers seem to strongly prefer the V6’s steering, describing it as noticeably heavier and more communicative. This is interesting because I’ve seen several reports suggesting that the i4’s electro-hydraulic steering feels nearly identical to the V6’s hydraulic setup.


I’d really appreciate some firsthand opinions from anyone who’s spent time behind the wheel of both, especially since steering feel is probably the most important aspect of the driving experience for me.

 
After giving it a lot of thought, I figure I could improve the steering feel and overall connection to the road even further with a slightly lower ride height, upgraded suspension, better tires, and possibly spacers if needed.

The V6's sound is definitely hard to walk away from, but I'm pretty set on the Turbo at this point. Between the DCT, easier upgrade path, and power delivery, it just makes more sense for what I'm after. Plus, the idea of an aftermarket intake and blow-off valve combo sounds pretty addictive from what I've heard. I think the Turbo will ultimately be the more enjoyable car for me.
 
I have driven both, back to back, on twisty roads at our H2R2 event this year AND last year. There is a difference - the V6 is better. I too am very particular about steering feel and the Turbo felt over boosted for my old-school taste. I prefer more analog response. Video game feel is not my thing.

View attachment 89315
Having said the above, I just drove the 420 Sport at LUG. It was noticeably better but I did NOT drive it back to back with a V6. I think the calibration for the steering has been changed though the MultiMatic DSSVs that were fitted may have also contributed to the improved feel. I need to drive it and a V6 to be fully convinced that it is better than the original.
Like we talked about…test drive the 420 sport and 80% of what you need is there. The other 20% will be your track mods
 
I’ve driven both as well. I’m no racing driver—I couldn’t detect any significant difference.

I have no idea which one to order, either. Right now, I’m leaning towards the Turbo. I enjoy driving on tight, winding roads; with the Turbo, you simply stay in the ideal rev range more often in those situations. As a recreational driver, you’re guaranteed to be faster in the Turbo.

The V6 has very long gear ratios and struggles to really get going at lower RPMs. However, the V6’s sound is absolutely sublime, which makes me have second thoughts.

But the steering is definitely not the factor I’d base my decision on.
The V6 does struggle, but if you drive it in manual mode you can always be in the power band if you rev it out
 

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Supporting Vendors View all →
Back
Top