My wild Emira predictions, come shoot holes in it.

Wiz33

Emira Fan
Reaction score
The first one is obvious (and verbally confirmed by my sales contact).

I guess everyone have heard that V6 Base configurator is being moved back to end of 2024 or even early 2025. What's new is that there will be further FE 3.0 allocation with MY2025. Delivery for those will begins in Q4 2024. With the delay of the I4 and V6 auto, there's not enough orders to keep the factory running as the original plan will have them finished with the majority of FE 2.0 production and start I4 production in Q1 24. Your dealer should get their allocation number in the next month or two and it will be substantial.

With the delay in I4 production, The M139 with 298Kw will likely be the only I4 configuration for the whole world. I'm sure everyone would agree that the I4 was held at 268Kw at the launch announcement mostly just to give an advantage to the V6. Given that all the I4 being produced now for China have the 298Kw M139. With the current I4 delay, there's no reason to produce 2 version of the I4 (even if it's just a different ECU) now that the initial rush for V6 is over (by the time FE 3.0 is done). They also need to push more I4 sales to offset the V6 emission deficit as the standard gets tighter towards 2030.

This last one will probably piss a lot of people off so I apologise in advance.

Those of you waiting for V6 auto. You're probably screwed. Despite what Lotus said (which we know to take with a large grain of salt anyways). You'll likely never see your car. Think of it this way. Even if the ~500 FE 1.0 that Lotus complete a couple weeks ago consist of all the non-auto from the 700 FE 1.0 allocation. assuming the same ratio with the 600 FE V6 2.0. That would means ~350 V6 auto for the U.S. Does it make sense for Lotus to go through the certification process just for maybe 500 V6 auto for the entire US Emira run or would it be easier to try to have you change to an I4 with the same place in queue especially if the I4 have the M139 with 298Kw. Sure, some will cancel on principle that they're not getting the V6 but how many?

Rudolph

Emira Fan
Reaction score
33101624-0.jpg

Bouwjaar 2023
TransmissieAutomaat
KM Stand 95 km
Price € 159.950,00

OP
Wiz33

Wiz33

Emira Fan
Reaction score
33101624-0.jpg

Bouwjaar 2023
TransmissieAutomaat
KM Stand 95 km
Price € 159.950,00

I’ve already got a V6 auto (UK) and it’s great….

Don't know if you guys heard the recent Lotus conference with US dealers. US V6 auto have to go through a separate emission certification and is being delayed till at least mid 2024.

DerTheDer

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Don't know if you guys heard the recent Lotus conference with US dealers. US V6 auto have to go through a separate emission certification and is being delayed till at least mid 2024.
Yeah but it will eventually come out. Just some more hurdles. They would lose a whole market of people if they discontinued that.

OP
Wiz33

Wiz33

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Yeah but it will eventually come out. Just some more hurdles. They would lose a whole market of people if they discontinued that.

Well, even my sales contact who briefly drove one of the press I4 when he visited the factory a couple months ago admits that the 298Kw I4 is the better of the 2 auto with the lighter weight and better weight distribution. As I mention. they're sure to lose some sales from those that want theV6 period but how many will jump over to the I4 if it comes in at 298Kw.

Last edited:

DerTheDer

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Well, even my sales contact who briefly drove one of the press I4 when he visited the factory a couple months ago admits that the 298Kw I4 is the better of the 2 auto with the lighter weight and better weight distribution. As I mention. they're sure to lose some sales from those that want theV6 period but how many will jump over to the I4 if it comes in at 298Kw.
'

Yeah, I believe the I4 is a DCT while the V6 is a standard Automatic. Well, we have over a year to see how many people will jump over.....:ROFLMAO:

OP
Wiz33

Wiz33

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Yeah, I believe the I4 is a DCT while the V6 is a standard Automatic. Well, we have over a year to see how many people will jump over.....:ROFLMAO:
The question for those with US V6 auto reservation is that if they do get the V6 auto certified and start shipping in mid 2024. They should complete all the FE 1.0/2.0 backlog in a few months and before I4 production starts. How would you feel after the delay, if you knew you could have wait another few months and get the I4 with the same power, a DCT, better handling and much better gas mileage.

Last edited:

DerTheDer

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
The questionf or those with US V6 auto reservation is that if they do get the V6 auto certified and start shipping in mid 2024. They should complete all the FE 1.0/2.0 backlog in a few months and before I4 production starts. How would you feel after the delay, if you knew you could have wait another few months and get the I4 with the same power, a DCT, better handling and much better gas mileage.
Personally Id stick with the V6...tried and true. I have driven DCT Ferrari and its amazing, but I just dont know enough about the Mercedes engine.....the costs will be much higher to maintain.

Hell4Leather

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
The i4 has a confirmed 0-60 at 3.7. The CVT is right nasty

OP
Wiz33

Wiz33

Emira Fan
Reaction score
the 298Kw I4 did 0-100km in ~4.0sec with the best run 4.0, check 7:30 mark on this video.

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
I still think they'll release the V6 Auto in the US. I have no idea why it was federalized separately from the manual. In the past, the EVORA went through CARB cert with the Manual and Automatic variants together. Maybe the auto is *just* slightly worse in terms of emissions and Lotus needed all the margins they could get to pass CARB so they made the sacrifice to leave the auto out to ship the manual cars?

I'm almost certain the I4 is going to be the best all-around Emira to own if it comes with 400HP (or more). However, I'm sticking to my choice for the manual.

Hell4Leather

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I still think they'll release the V6 Auto in the US. I have no idea why it was federalized separately from the manual. In the past, the EVORA went through CARB cert with the Manual and Automatic variants together. Maybe the auto is *just* slightly worse in terms of emissions and Lotus needed all the margins they could get to pass CARB so they made the sacrifice to leave the auto out to ship the manual cars?

I'm almost certain the I4 is going to be the best all-around Emira to own if it comes with 400HP (or more). However, I'm sticking to my choice for the manual.
I just like the aesthetics of the visible engine on the V6. Barring that the i4 is much better off the line.

OP
Wiz33

Wiz33

Emira Fan
Reaction score

That's why I also have a deposit on an end of production V6 manual that I will exercise in a few years.

Newguy1354

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
The first one is obvious (and verbally confirmed by my sales contact).

I guess everyone have heard that V6 Base configurator is being moved back to end of 2024 or even early 2025. What's new is that there will be further FE 3.0 allocation with MY2025. Delivery for those will begins in Q4 2024. With the delay of the I4 and V6 auto, there's not enough orders to keep the factory running as the original plan will have them finished with the majority of FE 2.0 production and start I4 production in Q1 24. Your dealer should get their allocation number in the next month or two and it will be substantial.

With the delay in I4 production, The M139 with 298Kw will likely be the only I4 configuration for the whole world. I'm sure everyone would agree that the I4 was held at 268Kw at the launch announcement mostly just to give an advantage to the V6. Given that all the I4 being produced now for China have the 298Kw M139. With the current I4 delay, there's no reason to produce 2 version of the I4 (even if it's just a different ECU) now that the initial rush for V6 is over (by the time FE 3.0 is done). They also need to push more I4 sales to offset the V6 emission deficit as the standard gets tighter towards 2030.

This last one will probably piss a lot of people off so I apologise in advance.

Those of you waiting for V6 auto. You're probably screwed. Despite what Lotus said (which we know to take with a large grain of salt anyways). You'll likely never see your car. Think of it this way. Even if the ~500 FE 1.0 that Lotus complete a couple weeks ago consist of all the non-auto from the 700 FE 1.0 allocation. assuming the same ratio with the 600 FE V6 2.0. That would means ~350 V6 auto for the U.S. Does it make sense for Lotus to go through the certification process just for maybe 500 V6 auto for the entire US Emira run or would it be easier to try to have you change to an I4 with the same place in queue especially if the I4 have the M139 with 298Kw. Sure, some will cancel on principle that they're not getting the V6 but how many
FE 3.0? Is that a prediction or have I missed that?
I think it's worth considering the manufacturing requirements for these autos. Lotus would have ordered a certain number of these auto transmissions based on expected sales and they don't fit in any of their other cars. I doubt they're going to just let that cost of design and orders be absorbed. If there's orders for them out there. Surely it would be more cost effective to wait and get them certified.

Reactions: vdr

ltullos

Reaction score
That's why I also have a deposit on an end of production V6 manual that I will exercise in a few years.
Who is your dealer and do you have a formal agreement with them for this? When I mentioned to my US dealer that I would like to move my deposit to a Final Edition, they told me that there is nothing official on this and it's only a rumor.

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
I think it's worth considering the manufacturing requirements for these autos. Lotus would have ordered a certain number of these auto transmissions based on expected sales and they don't fit in any of their other cars. I doubt they're going to just let that cost of design and orders be absorbed. If there's orders for them out there. Surely it would be more cost effective to wait and get them certified.
These are just predictions. We are shooting the breeze, chewing the fat, blowing smoke, etc.

OP
Wiz33

Wiz33

Emira Fan
Reaction score

3.0 or whatever it ends up being called is pretty much a certainty with the delay on the base configurator or they have to close down the factory or layoff a lot of people between 2.0 and the start of I4 production as I don't think there's enough order to fill a 6 months gap in production even with the leftover V6 auto quantity.