More price news in the UK due today

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I got one email in relation to my deferred V6 FE deposit, which is provisionally a Q1/Q2 2024 build and spec is submitted but not locked yet.

I didn’t get one for my second deposit on a 2024 Base Edition and am now expecting that will have had 3 or 4 price increases by the time it is delivered. So without options it’ll be more than a batch 1 FE.

For people saying you can grab the current price if you lock in, I think you can only do that if you’ve been invited to lock in. So if your delivery is Q3 2024 or later I think you can’t lock and will be at risk of further increases. I expect they’ll do another increase from Jan 2024 and that will apply to H2 2024 deliveries.

Evotion

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Blimey. To be expected I guess.

I might sell mine after the £5k Larini system goes on it as I am after some other cars - after a few videos of course. Along with full PPF and ceramic coating I imagine my car will still be well under the new list price.

Calran

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Blimey. To be expected I guess.

I might sell mine after the £5k Larini system goes on it as I am after some other cars - after a few videos of course. Along with full PPF and ceramic coating I imagine my car will still be well under the new list price.
Think the new prices are only a good thing for residuals. Some cars on autotrader look a steal for such an epic car IMHO. Surprised they aren’t shifting.

Why would you be looking to sell out of interest? I couldn’t be without mine and can see it being my forever car, mines be faultless to date and 2500 miles in.

Zero intentions of selling

Look forward to those videos, could be tempted with the upgrade but wanted other to be the guniea pig.

Beardedbradley

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I got one email in relation to my deferred V6 FE deposit, which is provisionally a Q1/Q2 2024 build and spec is submitted but not locked yet.

I didn’t get one for my second deposit on a 2024 Base Edition and am now expecting that will have had 3 or 4 price increases by the time it is delivered. So without options it’ll be more than a batch 1 FE.

For people saying you can grab the current price if you lock in, I think you can only do that if you’ve been invited to lock in. So if your delivery is Q3 2024 or later I think you can’t lock and will be at risk of further increases. I expect they’ll do another increase from Jan 2024 and that will apply to H2 2024 deliveries.
I’ve received no email yet, I did get one a week or so ago stating my build is locked in for Q2 2024. So I have no idea what I’ll be paying

Evotion

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Why would you be looking to sell out of interest? I couldn’t be without mine and can see it being my forever car, mines be faultless to date and 2500 miles in.
I am looking to shift my Ferrari, the Emira and the Porsche I picked up.

I then intend to duck in and out of cars, gradually making my way up to an Aventador Roadster.
I will then sell that after some fun and decide on the forever car!

Partly for the channel, partly for me and my car mad son. Just want to experience loads more cars - of all types. It is a long list.

As for the Emira. I would LOVE to keep it - it is brilliant - but as I bought it outright, it is a lot of cash sitting there.

Calran

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I am looking to shift my Ferrari, the Emira and the Porsche I picked up.

I then intend to duck in and out of cars, gradually making my way up to an Aventador Roadster.
I will then sell that after some fun and decide on the forever car!

Partly for the channel, partly for me and my car mad son. Just want to experience loads more cars - of all types. It is a long list.

As for the Emira. I would LOVE to keep it - it is brilliant - but as I bought it outright, it is a lot of cash sitting there.
Yeah. Makes sense.

Look forward to the content 🤪

AGP

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Think the new prices are only a good thing for residuals. Some cars on autotrader look a steal for such an epic car IMHO. Surprised they aren’t shifting.

Zero intentions of selling

Look forward to those videos, could be tempted with the upgrade but wanted other to be the guniea pig.
You'd think so, but with 42 cars on Autotrader, it makes you think that they are not as desirable as we had hoped. The economical climate is not helping for sure, but it's got me thinking, should I just hang on for a year and buy a 2nd hand I4. or lock one in now🤷‍♂️.
Why are so many selling after such a short ownership experience?
I've never been so indecisive about buying a car, obviously not helped by being messed around by Lotus :mad:

AGP

Emira Fan
Reaction score

Do you have any indication when the I4 Base pricing will be announced Tom?

AGP

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Coincidentally, I just had a missed call from Lotus cars, no message left. Anybody else received a call from Lotus since the price increase yesterday?

JClem

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Coincidentally, I just had a missed call from Lotus cars, no message left. Anybody else received a call from Lotus since the price increase yesterday?
Yes! I had one about an hour ago. Apparently they have "over ordered for demonstration cars" and were calling to say they had one in a similar spec to my order that could be delivered within 2 weeks. I told them I will wait for the i4 reveal this weekend and they will contact me on Monday

AGP

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Yes! I had one about an hour ago. Apparently they have "over ordered for demonstration cars" and were calling to say they had one in a similar spec to my order that could be delivered within 2 weeks. I told them I will wait for the i4 reveal this weekend and they will contact me on Monday
Thanks for the quick reply. What is your spec, I assume it is Blue from your avatar.

webfoot

Reaction score
Me too - I just set a reminder to check "My Lotus" once a week now..... Any emails "sent" can be resent from there and those work for me.....

I do not see any option in MY Lotus to resend any e-mails.....

I can Review My Order, Edit My Details or Choose My Lotus Centre. Maybe because I have not Confirmed My Configuration?

AGP

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Actually no, Magma Red i4 but they had a v6 ready to go
Strange that their offering V6 to I4 depositers🤔.
Does this mean they don't have potential V6FE depositers waiting in the wings.
Strange

JimH

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I do not see any option in MY Lotus to resend any e-mails.....

I can Review My Order, Edit My Details or Choose My Lotus Centre. Maybe because I have not Confirmed My Configuration?
That’ll be it….

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Do you have any indication when the I4 Base pricing will be announced Tom?
None of the many Lotus people I spoke to today had a definitive answer. Several said the timing for publicising Base pricing was not yet decided, a couple said they thought it would not be published until early next year.

I expressed surprise about this, as I have two deposits in play, one for V6 First Edition and one for V6 Base, and had previously been told I would know the Base pricing before the FE car's spec became locked. I had an email last week saying my FE was now due for build in Q1/Q2 2024 (still in line with what I was told in February) and the spec would be locked next week. Back in Feb I'd also been told Base production would start in Q1 2024 and I was in the first 50. Six months slippage on the Base Edition suggests they're a long way behind on getting through the V6 FE and i4 FE order books.