More price news in the UK due today

Lots_Of_Trouble

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
You'd think so, but with 42 cars on Autotrader, it makes you think that they are not as desirable as we had hoped. The economical climate is not helping for sure, but it's got me thinking, should I just hang on for a year and buy a 2nd hand I4. or lock one in now🤷‍♂️.
Why are so many selling after such a short ownership experience?
I've never been so indecisive about buying a car, obviously not helped by being messed around by Lotus :mad:
Mines up,for this reason:

When the car works,it's is phenomenal and I adore it,but when it goes wrong or when it goes in for a recall,that's when the real circus act from Lotus Customer service kicks in.

I have been without my car for Iver 3 weeks now,they still haven't worked on it.

Today is the day they are supposed to deliver it back or my money back,yes you read that right,my money back.

Lotus confirmed in email that if they fail to deliver my car by today then they agree to do a technical buyback.

After all the mixed messages,missed pick ups,parts not arriving,Lotus quite frankly not having a clue,I'm out of here.

Like I say,I love the car,but the thought of ever having to deal with Lotus again just makes my blood boil

Nick in Sydney

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score

When the car works,it's is phenomenal and I adore it,but when it goes wrong or when it goes in for a recall,that's when the real circus act from Lotus Customer service kicks in.

I have been without my car for Iver 3 weeks now,they still haven't worked on it.

Today is the day they are supposed to deliver it back or my money back,yes you read that right,my money back.

Lotus confirmed in email that if they fail to deliver my car by today then they agree to do a technical buyback.

After all the mixed messages,missed pick ups,parts not arriving,Lotus quite frankly not having a clue,I'm out of here.

Like I say,I love the car,but the thought of ever having to deal with Lotus again just makes my blood boil
Absolutely sucks. Can't believe Lotus doesn't understand the reputational damage this sort of situation creates. Is Matt W just asleep at the wheel?

mrmoogee

Reaction score

really hope they do sort it for you, but would also understand if you just can't get that bitter taste off even if they did... this kind of thing really bugs me, had it on cars of past, where sure the car has niggles, but is overall solid... but when their PEOPLE and attitude to the customer that make you feel stressed/bad... that really sucks. Shame on Lotus if they just cast you aside

Lots_Of_Trouble

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
really hope they do sort it for you, but would also understand if you just can't get that bitter taste off even if they did... this kind of thing really bugs me, had it on cars of past, where sure the car has niggles, but is overall solid... but when their PEOPLE and attitude to the customer that make you feel stressed/bad... that really sucks. Shame on Lotus if they just cast you aside
Exactly this.
I've said to them,I'll be back in a few years when I hope you are a better set up,your internal communications have improved and your new relationship with the dealers has established better.
But for now,it's an absolute headache I can do without.

I'm looking at lesser cars just for the knowledge that the customer support is there.

I will not bash the Emira,it is a great car,but Lotus just aren't there in terms of customer aftercare,yet......maybe SOOOOON

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Did the UK get a price hike back when the US got one?

Yes, everything that has happened to the UK market (price hikes, delays) seem to eventually happen in the US also (well, except for deliveries. US hasn't gotten any yet).

Yobro24

Reaction score
Yes, everything that has happened to the UK market (price hikes, delays) seem to eventually happen in the US also (well, except for deliveries. US hasn't gotten any yet).
Sorry if this is answered elsewhere but I have been out of the loop for a while.
I ordered an I4 FE at goodwood 22. The order states a price of just shy of ÂŁ75k.
I have just received a reminder to lock my car in before 11 August to avoid the price increase. When I look at the config in mylotus the price shows ÂŁ78k+.
Is this after the aforementioned price increase and I will still pay 75 or has the price already increased once and I have to pay 78 and the price is going up again to a new undisclosed figure?

action_turtle

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Sorry if this is answered elsewhere but I have been out of the loop for a while.
I ordered an I4 FE at goodwood 22. The order states a price of just shy of ÂŁ75k.
I have just received a reminder to lock my car in before 11 August to avoid the price increase. When I look at the config in mylotus the price shows ÂŁ78k+.
Is this after the aforementioned price increase and I will still pay 75 or has the price already increased once and I have to pay 78 and the price is going up again to a new undisclosed figure?
Hey, you have missed the original hike I think, so;

ÂŁ75k -> ÂŁ78k -> ÂŁ81k

Im not 100% sure on how they are determining who pays what. I had to pay a hike on my V6 Auto, but a few didnt.

Also, anyone else get the email even though they already own the car?!? Just logged into my lotus and says i can checkout again

Last edited:

PsymonR

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
The price announcement back in Feb was that from the 1st June the I4 was going to have a retail price increase to ÂŁ77,795, which with options will be the ÂŁ78k+ when you are looking at the config. Due to production timelines/delays that meant no I4s would be going for the original price.
The further pre-Goodwood 23 price increase means that new customers (and presumably anyone who does not lock in before the deadline) now have a retail price starting at ÂŁ81,495. If you use the standard configurator on the website you'll see be able to see the latest pricing for your spec.

grahamgreen

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I’m being asked to confirm my spec… presume I can do this and if not happy can cancel for full refund ahead of “checkout”

grahamgreen

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Only have until tomorrow at 1700 albeit was hoping to have driven one and read some reviews…

Configuring still gives me the option to cancel with full refund of ÂŁ5k?

Was thinking of changing colour etc but not seeing anything doesn’t help

Attachments

• IMG_2507.png
    IMG_2507.png
    94.9 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_2508.png
    IMG_2508.png
    43.3 KB · Views: 39

Cutting42

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
My understanding is you can cancel any time and get a full refund up until you check out

JClem

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Hey, you have missed the original hike I think, so;

ÂŁ75k -> ÂŁ78k -> ÂŁ81k

Im not 100% sure on how they are determining who pays what. I had to pay a hike on my V6 Auto, but a few didnt.

Also, anyone else get the email even though they already own the car?!? Just logged into my lotus and says i can checkout again
Yes I had it despite picking mine up a week ago.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Yes, in the UK you can cancel at any time up until you sign the contract as part of Checkout, which is usually about 30 days before delivery.

grahamgreen

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Good stuff in that case I will configure…

Having two minds but want to see the reviews and ideally drive one

grahamgreen

Emira Fan
Reaction score
By comparison I nearly (deposit placed and due to pick up the following day) collected a 2018 vantage a few weeks back. A big ding dong with the Mrs put spent to that albeit with

ÂŁ18k deposit
ÂŁ690 month

Yes I know it’s not new and 20k miles but a lot of car for the money. Compare this to the i4 and rates being offered it was a fair chunk cheaper

action_turtle

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
By comparison I nearly (deposit placed and due to pick up the following day) collected a 2018 vantage a few weeks back. A big ding dong with the Mrs put spent to that albeit with

ÂŁ18k deposit
ÂŁ690 month

Yes I know it’s not new and 20k miles but a lot of car for the money. Compare this to the i4 and rates being offered it was a fair chunk cheaper
You may want to check out the finance calculator, as I went with Lotus Finance and it was expensive still. ÂŁ34k down and I pay ÂŁ568

New to Lotus

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Wow originally 24k down was about 160 a month over 2 yrs.
Expensive car now but schmee thinks its a bargain says a lot about his garage 🙄

DJS

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
My Car
23k deposit
24 months
ÂŁ620 per month

Now my car new is....
23k deposit
24 Months
ÂŁ1,020 per month

Now my car used (Pretty much brand new)
23k deposit
24 Months
ÂŁ1,300 per month

Now does it make sense why the cars on Auto trader ain't shifting.

Ludicrous numbers.