Received email that new Lotus merch. store now open

Zardoz

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Since I can't get an Emira, Maybe a new Lotus shirt while I wait? However, I clicked link to check out the store. I get.......nothing.

Imagine if this was occurring to Ferrari or Lambo owners.....sending out a bad link

It's been such a mess. I've been trying to order the soft shell jacket for months and finally got notice the store was open last week. However the link didn't work. I contacted Lotus and they told me to go to the Parts section and click lifestyle. So I find the jacket and then realize there's no Add to Cart button. 😂 So I contact them again and they told me it's been "sold out for months." Though the store just opened that day... Sure, ok..

Then I try again a few days later and an option appears to direct me to buy it through my local Lotus dealer. So I call and email them to inquire... No response.

Then again a few more days later, I try again on the site and see there is finally a way to purchase online (though I still had to pick a local dealer for some reason). I submitted my order and made payment and haven't heard anything in the last week... I'll let you guys know if it ever actually arrives. 😂🙄🙄

As a web manager, this is such a terrible user experience. I can only hope my Emira delivery isn't as difficult... Though if recent comms are any indication, I probably shouldn't get my hopes up.

Last edited:
It's been such a mess. I've been trying to order the soft shell jacket for months and finally got notice the store was open last week. However the link didn't work. I contacted Lotus and they told me to go to the Parts section and click lifestyle. So I find the jacket and then realize there's no Add to Cart button. 😂 So I contact them again and they told me it's been "sold out for months." Though the store just opened that day... Sure, ok..

Then I try again a few days later and an an option appears to direct me to buy it through my local Lotus dealer. So I call and email them to inquire... No response.

Then again a few more days later, I try again on the site and see there is finally a way to purchase online (though I still had to pick a local dealer for some reason). I submitted my order and made payment and haven't heard anything in the last week... I'll let you guys know if it ever actually arrives. 😂🙄🙄

As a web manager, this is such a terrible user experience. I can only hope my Emira delivery isn't as difficult... Though if recent comms are any indication, I probably shouldn't get my hopes up.
Everything with Lotus is such a joke. It would make me want to pull my hair out but it’s so bad that it’s comical.

Can’t Geeley get some Chinese guys on the IT side to work this stuff out?

Then I try again a few days later and an an option appears to direct me to buy it through my local Lotus dealer. So I call and email them to inquire... No response.

So just a follow up.. I just called my local dealer who I selected when ordering last week and they have no idea what I'm talking about. They put me on hold for 10 minutes and then just forwarded me to Lotus Cars USA customer service number that just sent me to a voicemail. 😡

• Sad
Reactions: xen
So just a follow up.. I just called my local dealer who I selected when ordering last week and they have no idea what I'm talking about. They put me on hold for 10 minutes and then just forwarded me to Lotus Cars USA customer service number that just sent me to a voicemail. 😡
I really hope its not like this when someone calls in because there's an issue with the car.

love this.

1651180163883.png

Then I try again a few days later and an option appears to direct me to buy it through my local Lotus dealer. So I call and email them to inquire... No response.

Wow what a mess. I guess I got lucky when I ordered mine from Silverstone last year. Looks like the interest in the Emira is carrying over to at least the jackets. I also got the For The Drivers thermos bottle.

Man, they were not only just not ready for all of this, it's apparent they never even dreamed of this kind of reception.

I just checked the label on the jacket I bought. Guess where it's made; China. I guess the lockdown going on in China right now is probably affecting clothing production too. Might be awhile before stock gets replenished. If Lotus wasn't majority owned by a Chinese company, they could second source from India, or Viet Nam, but that's probably not going to happen.

I finally got through to the parts dept at my local dealer and they were able to look up my order. Said its weird how Lotus ships things. Apparently my jacket is in stock in their US warehouse, then will be shipped to them next week, then the dealer ships it to me. But at least I got confirmation my order was actually in progress... 😕

I can already tell the Emira delivery is going to be a shit show.

I finally got through to the parts dept at my local dealer and they were able to look up my order. Said its weird how Lotus ships things. Apparently my jacket is in stock in their US warehouse, then will be shipped to them next week, then the dealer ships it to me. But at least I got confirmation my order was actually in progress... 😕

I can already tell the Emira delivery is going to be a shit show.
Hopefully your dealer won't ask for ADM on the jacket! 🤣

Yeah when mine arrived, I was expecting a windbreaker. I was really surprised that it was fully lined. It's very comfortable too.

Back