'First Edition' availability

Off The Shelf

Reaction score
Hi all,

After reading a few posts in various threads from people saying there was no chance of them getting a first edition car and that numbers were limited, I just spoke with somebody from Lotus in the live chat on their website and was told that there is no cap on First Editions yet. Positive news which hopefully will put some minds at ease.

Here's the transcript:

09:41 am
Have all 'First Edition' cars gone now?

Welcome to Lotus Cars UK. Chat may be recorded for training and quality purposes.
Hello, I hope you are well.
We have not capped the amount of First Editions car that will be producing yet.
You still have the opportunity to order a FE car.

09:42 am
I put my first deposit down this week, so you're confident that will still be a 'first edition' with the badge etc...?

09:43 am
Yes, indeed. We will be in contact in the near future to ask your preference and get your configuration.

amazing! Thank you
smile.png

xen

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I guess the question then is...what exactly constitutes a first edition car?

ADC

Just Jazzed About Being On The Show
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I guess the question then is...what exactly constitutes a first edition car?
My guess... FE is defined by: the limited FE colour palette, FE state of tune for the engine, and all the current options / packs thrown in for the FE sticker price (rather than starting at base price and adding packs on). And a badge that looks like it isn't quite on straight.

Magma

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
This just doesn't make sense to me. So will the first edition just always be available until people stop putting deposits in for them? And will this delay the base models due to the indefinite continuation of the FE'S. I just can't wrap my head around this.

TXEMIRA

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
This just doesn't make sense to me. So will the first edition just always be available until people stop putting deposits in for them? And will this delay the base models due to the indefinite continuation of the FE'S. I just can't wrap my head around this.
Right. Gotta know that to weigh the “get an FE and have a special car” vs “get the base and have more options along with the ‘kinks out’ factor”.

Kind of an important item to understand the “limited” nature of an FE.

Magma

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Right. Gotta know that to weigh the “get an FE and have a special car” vs “get the base and have more options along with the ‘kinks out’ factor”.

Kind of an important item to understand the “limited” nature of an FE.
Well, I've pretty much already decided to wait for the base as I do want more color options and also get any kinks the FE'S may have out. But if they keep extending the FE production, when will the base editions ever start?

NickR

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
My guess... FE is defined by: the limited FE colour palette, FE state of tune for the engine, and all the current options / packs thrown in for the FE sticker price (rather than starting at base price and adding packs on). And a badge that looks like it isn't quite on straight.
Yeah, hope they redesign that badge!

TXEMIRA

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Well, I've pretty much already decided to wait for the base as I do want more color options and also get any kinks the FE'S may have out. But if they keep extending the FE production, when will the base editions ever start?
Right. Limited is only defined by the denominator in the equation.

We talking 500 of 5,000 or 2,500 of 10,000? Would be good to know.

Sounds like most people will still buy the vehicle either way. Just nice to know.

darkling

Emira Fan
Reaction score
700ish is the number i heard then you will fall into the 1st production v6 stick cars configured to your spec the i4

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Hi all,

After reading a few posts in various threads from people saying there was no chance of them getting a first edition car and that numbers were limited, I just spoke with somebody from Lotus in the live chat on their website and was told that there is no cap on First Editions yet. Positive news which hopefully will put some minds at ease.

Here's the transcript:

Have all 'First Edition' cars gone now?

Welcome to Lotus Cars UK. Chat may be recorded for training and quality purposes.
Hello, I hope you are well.
We have not capped the amount of First Editions car that will be producing yet.
You still have the opportunity to order a FE car.

09:42 am
I put my first deposit down this week, so you're confident that will still be a 'first edition' with the badge etc...?

Yes, indeed. We will be in contact in the near future to ask your preference and get your configuration.

amazing! Thank you
smile.png
Somewhere in this equation is Allocation. As in `while supplies last.` As defined by 700 cars earmarked for US/Canada.

TXEMIRA

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Somewhere in this equation is Allocation. As in `while supplies last.` As defined by 700 cars earmarked for US/Canada.
I can see it now.

2025 FE V6 - choose from 27 colors.

Oh those deposits for First Editions in 2021 for 2022 cars that are 2023 model years? Oh yeah…

Rufy

Reaction score
I hope it will be more.. exclusive.. otherwise the "first edition" has no sense.
I remember alreadu in August it seemed like it was too late to place a deposit. and now..

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
First Editions can be ordered as long as the order is in by the end of March.
This. There is no limit on NUMBERS of V6 First Editions (and won't be on i4 FEs) but there is a TIME limit on when you can order one. "Buy now while stocks last" as they say!

Lankan

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
This. There is no limit on NUMBERS of V6 First Editions (and won't be on i4 FEs) but there is a TIME limit on when you can order one. "Buy now while stocks last" as they say!
What is the cut-off date/time period for ordering a First Edition (V6 or i4)? Does this apply to all countries?

Last edited:

jmn444

Emira Fan
Reaction score

Meaning if you have a deposit in you will get one, or meaning if you get an allocation to order before time is up that you will get one?

ADC

Just Jazzed About Being On The Show
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Meaning if you have a deposit in you will get one, or meaning if you get an allocation to order before time is up that you will get one?
Pretty much everything is driven by the date of your first deposit, as I understand. Get it in!

jmn444

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Pretty much everything is driven by the date of your first deposit, as I understand. Get it in!
I got mine in in August, but still curious on this. I think UK is that way for sure, but in the US, you could easily (IMO) have a situation where dealer allocations aren't in proportion to deposits, and that could create situations where an October deposit could get a car sooner than an August deposit in theory. And if we "bet" on the wrong dealer, they potentially couldn't get enough allocations to fill all of their deposits.

I think some of this will be moot as people opt to wait for i4 or more colors though.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
What is the cut-off time for ordering a First Edition (V6 or i4)? Does this apply to all countries?
March for V6 FE globally

Deposit in before March deadline and, if via a non-UK dealer, they have notified the deposit to Lotus.