anyone else worried about the negative attention? or has already received negative attention?

EZcheezy

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I am kinda worried about the negative/dangerous attention this car could receive. The Emira is absolutely GORGEOUS and looks like it cost 3x more than it actually does putting a huge target on your back. im also getting it in red which certainly doesnt help. I am worried about being aggressively pursued at lights by beggars or having my car keyed while its parked or being followed home and robbed.

im worried about this restaurant I frequent thats in the shitty part of town. i probably should just avoid it with the Emira entirely just to be safe. in fact the whole eastern (most ghetto) side of the city i should avoid when driving this car.

ironically theres countless cars on the road that cost more and as car guys, we know. however most people dont and they can fly under the radar. it makes me second guess my color choice (Red)

im sure 99% of the attention will be positive or at least neutral but its that 1% im worried about.

virtualmacho

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Wrap it?
1695137315742.jpeg

kja1081

Reaction score
I've been driving my GT since I took delivery in '21 and have yet to have a bad experience with it/other drivers. All of the interactions I've had have been positive. If I know I will be in a questionable area I just don't drive it that day. I'll wrestle with wanting to drive it but knowing I shouldn't due to the risk. It's a matter of whether you care about the car or not. I would be devastated if anything happened to it especially since I special ordered it, ya know?

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
You just have to be judicious about it. No leaving it in an unattended parking spot after dark, park away from everyone else, somewhere near (but not too near) high foot traffic preferably. In terms of driving, just drive normal and don't engage any aholes you encounter.

OP
EZcheezy

EZcheezy

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
You just have to be judicious about it. No leaving it in an unattended parking spot after dark, park away from everyone else, somewhere near (but not too near) high foot traffic preferably. In terms of driving, just drive normal and don't engage any aholes you encounter.
yeah i will be very carful. obsessively so probably. I will take the Emira out only when I have every step planned out, at least at first. I imagine after years of ownership and years of scratches/dents/blemishes ill become less obsessive

some things will be out of my control though.

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
yeah i will be very carful. obsessively so probably. I will take the Emira out only when I have every step planned out, at least at first. I imagine after years of ownership and years of scratches/dents/blemishes ill become less obsessive

Right, think ahead about where you are going to go. For me, the worry is mostly about leaving the car parked somewhere. Aside from the potential of being bumped/kicked/keyed, sometimes I come back to find people leaning/sitting on my car either talking or taking photos/selfies. When I am driving, I have the ability to put some distance between myself and others. Other than the truly mentally unstable, most people don't do stupid things while cars are in motion. I suspect there will be some eye-roll-inducing activities from the Dodge crowd, but just a smile, nod, and quick wave, and they'll usually be on their way.

Oh, and of course, don't drive where the cops don't go.

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

Certainly don't take a high-end car to a low end restaurant.
Park it with an inflatable doll in the passenger seat..
I'd be equally worried about handing a Valet the key. Check the mileage afterwards.

CHEESE

Emira Fan
Reaction score
My take is: don't drive the car for transportation (with exceptions). Drive it for the fun and sake of driving.

In other words, don't park it in public; don't take it out to dinner or to run errands.

dgrace

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
On the bright side, plastic body panels don't get door dings! (this has always been a nice benefit of driving a Corvette)

OP
EZcheezy

EZcheezy

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I own a 992 GTS and sometimes I judge people because I feel they might hustle me or threaten me.
But oddly, these people always give me the kindest of compliments
992 GTS is a great car but I would bet most non-car people dont realize what they are looking at because its way less flashy. I dont think non-car people know that a base 911's start at 6 figures and I dont think they would notice its a GTS or even know what that means if they did

ADC

Just Jazzed About Being On The Show
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Certainly don't take a high-end car to a low end restaurant.
Park it with an inflatable doll in the passenger seat..
I'd be equally worried about handing a Valet the key. Check the mileage afterwards.
Valet parking, ever? Nope!
Never trusted them, even before Ferris Bueller had his day off.

Pro tip: Beyond being a dubious parking security device, an inflatable doll is also useful for using transit lanes. Allegedly.

Aero

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Be prepared for the Corvette fans asking 'is that the new Vette man?' Then they get mad when its not a Chevy. So just say yes.
Most common question had on 1st gen NSX. Followed by argument 'that aint no Honda'

luciddaydream

Emira Fan
Reaction score
992 GTS is a great car but I would bet most non-car people dont realize what they are looking at because its way less flashy. I dont think non-car people know that a base 911's start at 6 figures and I dont think they would notice its a GTS or even know what that means if they did
Yeah good point. Also depends on where you live. Its a bit flashy where i am (Minnesota).