• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Phantom radio

Bones25

Reaction score
Last night I got home and parked the Emira in the garage. A little while later I realised I left my phone in the car so went back out to the garage and grabbed the phone and didn't think anything of it. 30 mins later I was walking past the garage and heard a sound coming out and opened the garage door to find the radio on in the car. I was unable to turn he radio off as I didn't have the key with me so I had to go back inside, grab the key and basically lock the car to switch the radio off. Had I not walk past the garage later I fear I would have woken up this morning to a flat battery. Has anyone else experienced this and is there a way to change setting so the radio doesn't switch on as soon as I open the car door rather wait until I push the start button?

Cachaco131

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
I think this happens right after watching The Nun.

Kimmax

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Entertainment stops when opening the door to leave and starts when opening the door to enter. If it’s been a minute or two the system probably shut down.

Given you didn’t unlock the car the entertainment system didn’t get a "headstart" to boot up by unlocking and only did that when opening the door - that’s why you didn’t hear anything yet. Closing the door now probably meant "cabin is occupied" for the car (Not sure if they incorporate the pressure switch on the seat here..) so the entertainment began to run.

Locking from the outside would have shutdown everything, but since you didn’t it played along.

I doubt that it would’ve run the battery dry. Entertainment shuts down after a while by itself if the engine is not running. Should be something like 20 to 30 minutes. I always notice this when vacuuming the inside throughout. You probably noticed it right by the end.

Honestly I'd just lock the car. It makes sure all systems shutdown as intended and is only a minor inconvenience in my opinion. Additionally leaving the car unlocked (problem) with the key in the car (big problem) would get me in trouble with insurance should the car be stolen - even from my locked garage. Not sure if this applies outside of Germany.