• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

anyone else worried about the negative attention? or has already received negative attention?

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Screw that. Daily the hell out of it
I will daily mine, and I am perfectly fine parking it anywhere in my ZIP code. Even the organized burglar rings that frequent the homes here show a lot of respect for parked exotics based on the various Ring videos shared by our "neighbors". That said, I shop and eat in areas where I am more likely to bump into someone who is mentally unstable, or just straight up hate capitalism (I may be repeating myself), I am not going to tempt fate by bringing an eye-catching expensive car. As the Chinese proverb says, man who is barefoot is unafraid of the man wearing shoes.

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Yeah good point. Also depends on where you live. Its a bit flashy where i am (Minnesota).
For some strange reason, I have developed various relationships with the people and the state of Minnesota over the years. I was not looking for it, it kind of just happened. To the point that my wife is looking at lake houses there and is trying to convince me that ice fishing would be fun. Minnesotans have all been very nice to deal with and the culture of the people in that state gives me the warm and fuzzies.

luciddaydream

Emira Fan
Reaction score
For some strange reason, I have developed various relationships with the people and the state of Minnesota over the years. I was not looking for it, it kind of just happened. To the point that my wife is looking at lake houses there and is trying to convince me that ice fishing would be fun. Minnesotans have all been very nice to deal with and the culture of the people in that state gives me the warm and fuzzies.
Oh that is really nice to hear my friend, where are you at?

Steve24

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Jeepers, where do you guys live?
You have to plan out every step of a journey just because it’s a nice car?
I’ve driven a “desirable” car (ok, an old Ferrari and now the Emira so not exactly a Chiron or Zonda) for fifteen years and left them in every possible car park including supermarkets, hardware stores, the local McDonalds, every cafe, restaurant, and corner shop you can think of for hours on end and never once had an issue.
Obviously I wouldn’t leave it in the crappiest part of town overnight but I’d hate to have to limit where I’d normally go just because I’m worried about the car.
That would ruin some of the enjoyment of it, surely.

OP
EZcheezy

EZcheezy

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Jeepers, where do you guys live?
You have to plan out every step of a journey just because it’s a nice car?
I’ve driven a “desirable” car (ok, an old Ferrari and now the Emira so not exactly a Chiron or Zonda) for fifteen years and left them in every possible car park including supermarkets, hardware stores, the local McDonalds, every cafe, restaurant, and corner shop you can think of for hours on end and never once had an issue.
Obviously I wouldn’t leave it in the crappiest part of town overnight but I’d hate to have to limit where I’d normally go just because I’m worried about the car.
That would ruin some of the enjoyment of it, surely.
im in Austin. the Emira wont be my only car so it wont be to much of an issue. I dont need to go east side very often

im sure even there it would be fine 99% of the time. for years even, but it would just take one bad instance for me to be sad

OP
EZcheezy

EZcheezy

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Even the organized burglar rings that frequent the homes here show a lot of respect for parked exotics
why would burglars respect parked exotics?

Reactions: DMc

ttvetdoc

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I've also had really nice cars before (not quite to the Emira standard), and I do 'worry' about them when parking them publicly etc. It has detracted from the enjoyment of the car as you're always worried about it. I'm going to try to change that with the Emira as I plan to daily it and I don't want it just sitting in my garage 99% of the time. You only live once and there are some things out of your control.

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
why would burglars respect parked exotics?

They are committing crimes of opportunity and only cause damage if they have something to gain. They get dropped off by a minibus and check the locks of homes/cars. If the locks are open, they go in. If not, they move on. They don't damage property just for the sake of causing damage. The minibus comes back after a set time to pick them back up and move to the next group of homes. They are organized professionals.

ADC

Just Jazzed About Being On The Show
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
They are committing crimes of opportunity and only cause damage if they have something to gain. They get dropped off by a minibus and check the locks of homes/cars. If the locks are open, they go in. If not, they move on. They don't damage property just for the sake of causing damage. The minibus comes back after a set time to pick them back up and move to the next group of homes. They are organized professionals.
Also, I bet the market for chopped exotic parts is a lot smaller (and harder to move stuff) than for more common vehicles.
That said, exotics are probably more the reserve of gangs that "steal to order", and ship them off whole to far-away countries.
Either way, what a bunch of assholes...

KCMO68_510

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I’m very worried about the negative attention. Because as soon as you buy a car like this your wife is going to remind you about how much you spent on it and that means she can’t be questioned about her spending habits. The negative attention takes it from a $100k car to $200k in no time.

GetawayDriving

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
You know what they say, never attribute to malice what can be explained by incompetence.

I worry much more about someone backing into it while parked or just not seeing a low car from their monolith of an SUV. That kind of clumsiness exists everywhere.

Ultimately it's just a car. It's insured. I won't stop driving it.

But also my last car was stolen so maybe don't listen to me.

OP
EZcheezy

EZcheezy

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order

DMc

Reaction score
I am kinda worried about the negative/dangerous attention this car could receive. The Emira is absolutely GORGEOUS and looks like it cost 3x more than it actually does putting a huge target on your back. im also getting it in red which certainly doesnt help. I am worried about being aggressively pursued at lights by beggars or having my car keyed while its parked or being followed home and robbed.

im worried about this restaurant I frequent thats in the shitty part of town. i probably should just avoid it with the Emira entirely just to be safe. in fact the whole eastern (most ghetto) side of the city i should avoid when driving this car.

ironically theres countless cars on the road that cost more and as car guys, we know. however most people dont and they can fly under the radar. it makes me second guess my color choice (Red)

im sure 99% of the attention will be positive or at least neutral but its that 1% im worried about.
This is the correct amount of fixation anxiety.

@Life411

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I am kinda worried about the negative/dangerous attention this car could receive. The Emira is absolutely GORGEOUS and looks like it cost 3x more than it actually does putting a huge target on your back. im also getting it in red which certainly doesnt help. I am worried about being aggressively pursued at lights by beggars or having my car keyed while its parked or being followed home and robbed.

im worried about this restaurant I frequent thats in the shitty part of town. i probably should just avoid it with the Emira entirely just to be safe. in fact the whole eastern (most ghetto) side of the city i should avoid when driving this car.

ironically theres countless cars on the road that cost more and as car guys, we know. however most people dont and they can fly under the radar. it makes me second guess my color choice (Red)

im sure 99% of the attention will be positive or at least neutral but its that 1% im worried about.
You're in Texas! Put a gun rack with a rifle in the rear window or some longhorn horns as a hood ornament and you're good to go!

I worry about stuff like that too, but less so as the years pass. What's the point in owning a fun car if you always worry about it.

But stay away from that sketchy restaurant regardless of what you're driving. Grubhub!

kljman

Reaction score

The key is just to be aware. I have a track modified c8 that draws a lot of attention. Most people are respectful but in bad parts of town I am aware. There was one time I had to stay overnight in not such a nice hotel. I went down and gave the night security guard $49 to keep an eye on it. Never had an issue. The key is to be friendly and be aware. Don’t be an asshole and people won’t let you normally