Lotus Emira I4 and Poor Communication from Lotus

Lauren

Reaction score
Has anyone who ordered the Lotus Emira I4 had any communication from Lotus? I paid a reservation fee in January 2023 and was subject to a price rise. I configured my order in August 2023 and was informed via an email that my car was going into production in November 2023 and delivery was due in January 2024.

I haven't heard anything from Lotus since November 2023. Five emails have been sent to their useless Customer Services and a further two emails to the Complaints Department with no response whatsoever! I have tried to call them on a number of occasions and no one picks up the phone. I'm seriously getting worried as to what the hell is going on?

Can anyone please let me know if they're having the same issues that I am facing with this lousy company. Many thanks in advance for your time.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240113_125834.jpg
    Screenshot_20240113_125834.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 70

PsymonR

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
UK/EU I4s have been delayed, with delivery now "by summer". Reasoning given was a mixture of type approval and supply issues. They have a preprepared statement for customers and say all customers affected have been contacted, I wasn't originally but emailed them and got a call from them after.

There's a fair amount of discussion on the Race to the first I4 thread, and there is a Pistonheads article on it.

OP
L

Lauren

Reaction score
UK/EU I4s have been delayed, with delivery now "by summer". Reasoning given was a mixture of type approval and supply issues. They have a preprepared statement for customers and say all customers affected have been contacted, I wasn't originally but emailed them and got a call from them after.

There's a fair amount of discussion on the Race to the first I4 thread, and there is a Pistonheads article on it.
Thank you for the information... Appreciate it 🙏 I will continue to try and get in contact with Lotus. The entire debacle with Lotus is a flipping mess!

JClem

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Thank you for the information... Appreciate it 🙏 I will continue to try and get in contact with Lotus. The entire debacle with Lotus is a flipping mess!
Have you tried the online chat? It always worked out better for me than phone or email

OP
L

Lauren

Reaction score
Have you tried the online chat? It always worked out better for me than phone or email
Thank you... On Monday I will communicate with them using the online chat. I don't think Lotus have been honest with their customers from the launch of the Emira. The Lotus brand is being tarnished due to the way Lotus is carrying on! But thank you for the tips and sending the Pistonheads article.

DerTheDer

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Ouch, its a shame they didnt relay that the I4 got a massive delay.

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Has anyone who ordered the Lotus Emira I4 had any communication from Lotus? I paid a reservation fee in January 2023 and was subject to a price rise. I configured my order in August 2023 and was informed via an email that my car was going into production in November 2023 and delivery was due in January 2024.

I haven't heard anything from Lotus since November 2023. Five emails have been sent to their useless Customer Services and a further two emails to the Complaints Department with no response whatsoever! I have tried to call them on a number of occasions and no one picks up the phone. I'm seriously getting worried as to what the hell is going on?

Can anyone please let me know if they're having the same issues that I am facing with this lousy company. Many thanks in advance for your time.
Ahahahahahaha some of us have been in that boat since 2021 !!

1000029472.jpg

Medic518

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order

I locked-in in October and never received ANY communications - just a screenshot from my dealer showing that lotus accepted the submission, issued a submission ID, and stated the order would be locked on the 20th of the month. However, I never received anything from Lotus - not even a seasons greetings this year, like 2022..

OP
L

Lauren

Reaction score
I locked-in in October and never received ANY communications - just a screenshot from my dealer showing that lotus accepted the submission, issued a submission ID, and stated the order would be locked on the 20th of the month. However, I never received anything from Lotus - not even a seasons greetings this year, like 2022.

I locked-in in October and never received ANY communications - just a screenshot from my dealer showing that lotus accepted the submission, issued a submission ID, and stated the order would be locked on the 20th of the month. However, I never received anything from Lotus - not even a seasons greetings this year, like 2022.

I locked-in in October and never received ANY communications - just a screenshot from my dealer showing that lotus accepted the submission, issued a submission ID, and stated the order would be locked on the 20th of the month. However, I never received anything from Lotus - not even a seasons greetings this year, like 2022..

Lotus as a company has definitely gone down hill 👎 I've had three Lotus cars from new (Elise, Europa & Evora) and never experienced such dreadful customer service. It's a matter of time before Lotus goes bust and the reservation money disappears... I'm seriously considering cancelling my order!