Race to the first i4

Cutting42

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
So as the first confirmation emails have gone out for the i4 and I have confirmed my spec with one small change, the excitement can start to build. Who will be the first i4 delivery/pickup? I am early but not the earliest I think. July 8th 2021. Last build date update was Sept 2023.

Are we allowed to hope at last?

JimH

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
So as the first confirmation emails have gone out for the i4 and I have confirmed my spec with one small change, the excitement can start to build. Who will be the first i4 delivery/pickup? I am early but not the earliest I think. July 8th 2021. Last build date update was Sept 2023.

🤞 Me too - 8th July 2021 (Goodwood Thursday) - 2nd deposit and config locked for the first time 12th April 2022 - reconfirmed yesterday and all good now in “My Lotus” …..

grahamgreen

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Ha ha here we go….

First deposit left my account 8th July 21 (physically left my account) actual commitment made 6th.

Still issue with my car not showing in account albeit I confirmed spec April 22. We’ll see.

Attachments

• IMG_1372.png
    IMG_1372.png
    41.6 KB · Views: 139

ABC

Reaction score
Fun fun!

Two questions.

Firstly, using the custom payment/config link requesting the second deposit for a Sept 2023 i4 delivery, I am seeing the price as 71,995. After paying the £3,000, Is this the price I will finally be presented with?

Secondly, is the config locked in, or can you adjust later?

Thanks.

Last edited:

JimH

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Fun fun!

Two questions.

Firstly, using the custom payment/config link requesting the second deposit for a Sept 2023 i4 delivery, I am seeing the price as 71,995. After paying the £3,000, Is this the price I will finally be presented with?

Secondly, is the config locked in, or can you adjust later?

Thanks.
1. No - once the details appear in “My Lotus” the new prices show and apply ( but not the new colours yet…)
2. Once locked in via “My Lotus” further changes have to be requested via LCC and could delay production date……

ABC

Reaction score
1. No - once the details appear in “My Lotus” the new prices show and apply ( but not the new colours yet…)
2. Once locked in via “My Lotus” further changes have to be requested via LCC and could delay production date……
Thanks, Jim. Any idea why using the personal link gives you false hope with the lower 71,995 price? If you go onto the configurator generally you get the 77,,995 price.

JimH

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Thanks, Jim. Any idea why using the personal link gives you false hope with the lower 71,995 price? If you go onto the configurator generally you get the 77,,995 price.
Mine did too - I guess it’s a throwback to 2021 when we paid our first deposits using the old configurator. Try going to “My Lotus” directly instead of using the old link - hopefully it’s been pre-populated for you like mine was….

ADC

Just Jazzed About Being On The Show
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
So... my last email in Feb said I was on track for a Q1 2024 build, but I've received the email yesterday asking for second deposit / config. Is this an indicator of how many people may have bailed out after the price rise?

After all this waiting around, I thought I could plan around not getting it in the next 6 months... and now I might be in the position of having to find somewhere to park it while I have no driveway and our house is a building site!! 😅
ECBFBoe1KeUYI7jIdQxPuGZ2B7mv2OEgCPcTDJKGC48-NF7bpFrK3JlCQctmvim4ZZvM8As1XMj9djx426KITvAohB3RGKShhqvyGarHbwOBDTsC=w1200-h630-p-k-no-nu

likeakidonchristmaseve

Reaction score

I have been told October 2023 which is almost a year earlier than I was previously told. I really think the I4 is going to be the one to have.

Andy H

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I have been told October 2023 which is almost a year earlier than I was previously told. I really think the I4 is going to be the one to have.
I clicked the button on the email last week but I've had nada back from customer services so far :rolleyes:

October seems surprisingly early, I was expecting 2024. When did you place your first deposit?

likeakidonchristmaseve

Reaction score
I clicked the button on the email last week but I've had nada back from customer services so far :rolleyes:

October seems surprisingly early, I was expecting 2024. When did you place your first deposit?
June 2022 last year. I originally configured V6 but changed after driving it. I was sent an email asking me to lock it in for production March this year (which I did within 10 minutes of getting the email). I live 2 miles from the factory so have grown up knowing it is so close but so far.

Andy H

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
June 2022 last year. I originally configured V6 but changed after driving it. I was sent an email asking me to lock it in for production March this year (which I did within 10 minutes of getting the email). I live 2 miles from the factory so have grown up knowing it is so close but so far.
Nice one - exciting times! Just realised you said 2022! I was August 2021. I don't really believe anything I hear from customer services nowadays.

likeakidonchristmaseve

Reaction score
Nice one - exciting times! I was early August 2021 so I suspect I may still end up being 2024. Let's hope we start to see some review models soon.
Get in touch with them on the website chat support. I bet they tell you sooner than 2024 (unless you USA?). Production has doubled I think since the previous round of estimates. I was told mine is in production in September and then I will go through checkout to pick up in Oct. Good job I checked as I was about to put all my cash in a 1 year savings bond.

likeakidonchristmaseve

Reaction score
Get in touch with them on the website chat support. I bet they tell you sooner than 2024 (unless you USA?). Production has doubled I think since the previous round of estimates. I was told mine is in production in September and then I will go through checkout to pick up in Oct. Good job I checked as I was about to put all my cash in a 1 year savings bond.
Unless you want the base model? Mine is First Edition. Base will be later I suspect.

PsymonR

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
My initial deposit was placed 18th Sept 21 and I've previously been given a Q1 24 build window (I4 FE).
Have been in touch with CS on the web chat today and they said the window hasn't changed for mine, still Q1 24.
I confirmed my order last week, so that's a long way out still, but I'm not too bothered about that as my wanted spec hasn't changed since my 2nd deposit went in a bit over a year ago.

Andy H

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I got my configurator link finally. I had no luck getting through to CS today on webchat. Not sure it was even working properly as the time wasn't counting down? Anyway, the Ts & Cs say that the next £3K deposit is still refundable but all the dates wrong - probably carried over from the V6. At what point does it become binding and non-returnable? Is it a set number of weeks before delivery? I'll need to speak to them tomorrow to find out when they think mine might be ready (Aug 2021 order).

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
It becomes non refundable when you get to the Checkout step and sign the contract. Typically that’s 4-8 weeks before delivery, may become a more reliable 4 weeks once they iron out the process issues.

Andy H

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
It becomes non refundable when you get to the Checkout step and sign the contract. Typically that’s 4-8 weeks before delivery, may become a more reliable 4 weeks once they iron out the process issues.
Thanks Tom

grahamgreen

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Well at that rate none of us “first campaign “ i4 customers are going to see our cars for July august unless lotus get there finger out