Race to the first i4

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
So as it stands you pay 2K to go on the list - my deposit was on 08/07/21 @ 10.30 first day of Goodwood, their card machine was broken, (I have a receipt of my order date and time) so got bumped back to 16th August, long storey short, its tough and will not change it - so delivery date Q1 2024 i4 FE. The next 3K allows you to configure your order and is refundable until you hit the "Order Now" button and only when you do this will you go on the build list, get a contract and your deposit is non-refundable!
So am I reading it wrong?
-"and will be subject to further terms and conditions of sale which will be
communicated to you at the time you place your Order"

I read this as - when we have your money we will tell you how we are going to stitch you up next and by then you've lost your money - oh and good luck on your delivery date.

The whole thing is just badly written twaddle.
"We will use commercially reasonable endeavours to manufacture......"
"If you have paid a Priority Order Fee you do not have to Configure or pay a Configuration Fee, you will still be able to place a Priority Order......."
No idea what this is about?

Anyway I'm out 718 Spyder here we come - I am so disappointed I dearly wanted a British sports car to be proud of, just cant cope with the BS.:cry:
718 Spyder is the better car anyway.... Perhaps in a couple years there will be a nice pre-owned Emira that catches your interest. If I was in the UK that may be the route I would go, knowing there is a strong pre-owned market. Unfortunately I don't think Canada will have as many available and we are a little more stuck ordering.

Let us know what Spyder spec you go with!

0pirates0

Reaction score
according to my experience sometimes its easier to go south to buy a vehicle in the States and then drive north

Careon

Reaction score
718 Spyder is the better car anyway.... Perhaps in a couple years there will be a nice pre-owned Emira that catches your interest. If I was in the UK that may be the route I would go, knowing there is a strong pre-owned market. Unfortunately I don't think Canada will have as many available and we are a little more stuck ordering.

Let us know what Spyder spec you go with!
GT Silver, Spyder Classic Interior + CF Buckets - Used, but immaculate so I get it soon. I was really looking forward to the Emira (Blue, Red Interior & callipers.) - but the messing about and price increase has done it for me. like you say will pick one up in a couple of years. - 29 used V6s for sale today, delivery mileage, some below list and not selling!

vantager

Reaction score
So emailed Owen at Lotus (Ashford) asking
"just wondering if, after your Hethel visit, you are still confident the 2.0 emira will be available for a test drive around July?"

and he replied
"Still confident - they had 2.0 Litre cars being built on the line when I was there, so looks like things are moving forwards now!"

FYI - his Hethel visit was 24/25 April

OP
Cutting42

Cutting42

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I had a brief web-chat with Lotus today to ask for an update on i4 test drives. Sadly from last months rather positive booking in May for June test drive date this has slipped to July/August :-(

JClem

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I had a brief web-chat with Lotus today to ask for an update on i4 test drives. Sadly from last months rather positive booking in May for June test drive date this has slipped to July/August :-(
This is in line with what Bell & Colvill Surrey told me a couple of weeks ago

OP
Cutting42

Cutting42

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Got another Lotus email today, was expecting Sept build so a month earlier is positive but as my wife said - it could be the 31st August

1688644919091.png

Andy H

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Got another Lotus email today, was expecting Sept build so a month earlier is positive but as my wife said - it could be the 31st August
Exciting times. When did you place your original deposit? I was 6/8/2021 and the last comms I had suggested September.

Have they asked you to commit to the order yet?

OP
Cutting42

Cutting42

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Exciting times. When did you place your original deposit? I was 6/8/2021 and the last comms I had suggested September.

I confirmed the spec 3rd May but had already made a second deposit just after the paleolithic era (feels like it anyway :rolleyes:). My original order was 9pm on 8th July 2021. No other formal commitment yet, I believe I can still pull out if I wished - - - - I do not wish.

Careon

Reaction score

Your Emira's locked in

Hi Andrew ,

We’re set to start building your Emira in February2024.

We’ll be in touch closer to the time to:

• arrange your handover
  • tell you all about your insurance and finance options

I placed my deposit on 7th July at Goodwood @ 10.30 AM !!! - given up 😢 So bought a Porsche Spyder instead.

fellman3

Reaction score
I confirmed the spec 3rd May but had already made a second deposit just after the paleolithic era (feels like it anyway :rolleyes:). My original order was 9pm on 8th July 2021. No other formal commitment yet, I believe I can still pull out if I wished - - - - I do not wish.
Very good😂

JimH

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Likewise, but 4.30pm 😉 - I haven’t had an update email today though but LCC confirm August build for me still….

New to Lotus

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Wow people who ordered on the 8th of July 2 years ago still haven't got there car?.
Will you have to pay the new price?

ADC

Just Jazzed About Being On The Show
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
got this email too. I put the order in May this year!!

View attachment 28746

I officially give up trying to guess how tf the Lotus order management system works... for so many reasons.

I placed my deposit on the i4 queue in November 2021, paid the config fee a couple of months ago, and now an email matching the format of yours turned up yesterday saying very specifically that I am "locked in" for March 2024 build... except if I log into My Lotus, the config fee shows as paid, but the spec isn't confirmed/locked, and has a dirty great "confirm" button ready to press.

🤔😵

My deposit was 14 July 2021 and I got the same email today saying Q1 2024 - who knows what is happening. It makes as much sense as it ever has on this journey. All I want to do is buy a car😅🤷‍♂️
I can relate to this... 😅

fellman3

Reaction score
I officially give up trying to guess how tf the Lotus order management system works... for so many reasons.

I placed my deposit on the i4 queue in November 2021, paid the config fee a couple of months ago, and now an email matching the format of yours turned up yesterday saying very specifically that I am "locked in" for March 2024 build... except if I log into My Lotus, the config fee shows as paid, but the spec isn't confirmed/locked, and has a dirty great "confirm" button ready to press.

🤔😵

I can relate to this... 😅
Wow people who ordered on the 8th of July 2 years ago still haven't got there car?.
Will you have to pay the new price?
Oh yes despite the CEO ‘promise’ of the piece you’ll pay will be the price when you paid your deposit. They’ve just flat reneged on that.