Race to the first i4

schuey100

Reaction score
Just been told October, last email said August.
Ah well, I won’t be home until Dec 27th so I guess it’s a new year gift for me.
My last communication a few months back was for Feb build, March delivery, just had this email….

Attachments

• 23E8A3AF-65E4-4B75-B123-A8863D6E3552.png
    23E8A3AF-65E4-4B75-B123-A8863D6E3552.png
    122.6 KB · Views: 106
  • B6374195-946E-428A-94E1-E5A3538FE77F.png
    B6374195-946E-428A-94E1-E5A3538FE77F.png
    122.6 KB · Views: 107

Roland

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Was that earlier or later than your last update?

It seems as if no matter when you ordered one, if in the U.K. it’s being built in October.
Looks like it has slipped a month, it was September build, October delivery, waiting to speak to customer services!!!

Roland

Andy H

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Had mine this morning stating a November build. I ordered August 2021.

JimH

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Same email received - Mine’s slipped from August to September to October in the last 6 weeks. 8th July 2021 deposit (Goodwood Thursday) and in the first 50 Uk builds…….🤬

OP
Cutting42

Cutting42

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I received the email today as well, slipped from last weeks phone call from Sept build to Oct build, was Aug build before that. Order 8th July 2023.

JimH

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Same email received - Mine’s slipped from August to September to October in the last 6 weeks. 8th July 2021 deposit (Goodwood Thursday) and in the first 50 Uk builds…….🤬

But then, a few hours later, I get the “Protect & Enhance” email which, I believe, comes 48 hours before checkout? 🤷🏼‍♂️

nelly111s

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
But then, a few hours later, I get the “Protect & Enhance” email which, I believe, comes 48 hours before checkout? 🤷🏼‍♂️
The protect and Enhance email is random. I got mine 6 or 8 weeks ahead of the car …
I think they give that job to the apprentices in LCC

gdotp

Reaction score
I got this today as well.

Attachments

• IMG_0812.jpeg
    IMG_0812.jpeg
    104.7 KB · Views: 70

Superman

Emira Owner!!
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Got same email yesterday, saying Oct build. I am a Jan 2023 deposit, so seems like they will be building a whole batch of I4's shortly!

mike 207

Reaction score
Wow is this right - Cutting42 ordered July 23 & Superman ordered Jan 23 builds notified as Oct 23 ?? Really pleased for you guys but how have the delivery "delays" just disappeared ??
Hope the cars come through for you .

Andy H

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it. I ordered Aug 21 and have a November build. To be honest I'd prefer to be later as I want to test drive before I commit.

Jack Stone

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Classic comms from Lotus - 2 Emira order update emails within minutes yesterday, the first saying production of my I4 would start in "Q1 2023", the second saying in "November 2023"...

mike 207

Reaction score
This is a new problem Lotus have given us - delivery of a car that no-one has yet had the opportunity to test drive & the fear that being a new engine/gearbox set up what issues may come out of early I4 cars ( especially given the experience of some V6 owners) . I think the way to go is to get CS to agree a delay to your respective delivery until you have taken a test drive , without a consequential "back of the queue" postponement to your delivery. Regarding the build quality & potential issues , we all have to assess our individual attitude to risk ?
Great to get some good news from Lotus regarding slashing delivery times but you wonder why/how this has happened .

Mitcheroo

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Just been told October, last email said August.
Ah well, I won’t be home until Dec 27th so I guess it’s a new year gift for me.
I have just been informed my FE i4 is going into production Nov 23. First ordered in December 22. Does this mean I will actually receive it in November? I was originally told would be produced Q2 2024. When I first got email, just assumed they had pushed it back to Nov 24, but when read it again it says Nov 23.

PsymonR

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it. I ordered Aug 21 and have a November build. To be honest I'd prefer to be later as I want to test drive before I commit.
I was Sept 21 deposit and currently have October build. I wonder if there's any impact on differing specs and lead times for differently components. Not that there are many options to choose from of course.
I have just been informed my FE i4 is going into production Nov 23. First ordered in December 22. Does this mean I will actually receive it in November? I was originally told would be produced Q2 2024. When I first got email, just assumed they had pushed it back to Nov 24, but when read it again it says Nov 23.
When I contacted CS last week the rep had told me Sept with Oct handover. Having seemingly slipped a month with yesterday's e-mail I'm now expecting Oct with Nov handover (still ahead of my original Q1 '24 estimate). As such yours may be Nov with Dec handover.

Hodgre

Reaction score
Hi
just received email for a November build updating a previous email approx one month ago suggesting a Q1 build. The later build date would suit me . Given previous comments about over optimistic delivery dates should I contac lotus or just hold tight?

also am I right to assume that the car will be delivered one month on from build month?