Harry’s Garage 31st October

492CC958-2D10-4480-9505-F23F199BC08A.png

Harry Metcalfe has a new video on his YouTube channel tonight.
Shows him picking his spec, an interview with Russell Car and a few passenger laps.

Online from 17:00

Last edited by a moderator:

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Very good. Always interesting to hear Russell talking about the design process and decisions. Confirmation too that the bonnet opens for access. V6 engine noise on track sounded great, even with basic microphones, and the handling looks as excellent as we expected.

DJS

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Very good. Always interesting to hear Russell talking about the design process and decisions. Confirmation too that the bonnet opens for access. V6 engine noise on track sounded great, even with basic microphones, and the handling looks as excellent as we expected.
Did you notice the different colour cars in the background? Though I could see the red and the grey.

Tom what did you think of Harry’s spec?

Reactions: DJW

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I knew a few people would spot that so I screen grabbed it!

Harrys Garage inside the factory.JPG

Edit: I think that's (from back to front) camo, Verdant Green, Seneca Blue, Nimbus Grey, Magma Red

Edit #2 1st Nov 2021: I've just heard via someone at the factory: the red Emira at the front of the line isn't Magma Red. It's a validation car painted in a basic solid red. So don't draw any conclusions from it.

Edit #3 2nd Nov 2021: ... and now it's been confirmed none of them are FE colours, they just happen to all look close to 4 of them! So me and a few others have been suitably wrong-footed by Lotus :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Really good video. Interesting he is going for the sport suspension, doesn't sound like it will be overly firm.

Although I'm not a fan of the spec he went for, silver with silver wheels. A bit boring IMO.

DJS

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Really good video. Interesting he is going for the sport suspension, doesn't sound like it will be overly firm.

Although I'm not a fan of the spec he went for, silver with silver wheels. A bit boring IMO.
Shame we can’t see the yellow, even tho I’m not a fan of the yellow on the configurator I would still like to see it especially with the black pack.

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Did you notice the different colour cars in the background? Though I could see the red and the grey.

Tom what did you think of Harry’s spec?
I found the vided informative (yet chatty). The drive sequence is about 19 minutes in, for about 10 minutes. Harry spec'd his with Nimbus Grey. This adds to our understanding of the design thinking. More reasons to be filled with anticipation.

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Harry Metcalfe has a new video on his YouTube channel tonight.
Shows him picking his spec, an interview with Russell Car and a few passenger laps.

Online from 17:00
Thanks for the tip.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order

I agree the colour choices seem strange: Nimbus Grey (silver) with silver wheels and silver calipers. Then grey stitch on the alcantara interior.

But also interesting to hear his reasoning and some of Russell's comments on the other options. I did think, as they started that segment, oh no this is going to open up my thoughts on config again! But I'm happy with what I've chosen. Or maybe alcantara would be nice.... ;)

DJW

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I think Nimbus will be the classiest look for the car as will really show off the curves and lines.

Anyone else notice noise from exhaust is a tad muted vs Evora 4xx which for me is a good thing as I found mine too loud on the road some times when hooning it.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Yes, they're due to be competing in the 2022 season so need the car available about as soon as early First Edition deliveries.

Edit: I think there's a launch event to prospective teams before the end of the year.

Pav

Emira Fan
Reaction score

I noticed Harry said this towards the end of the passenger laps, ""Doesn't feel nearly as stiff as I'd assumed." Then when he gets out of the car, "I can't get over the ride." Then it's the first thing he mentions to Russell.

Frankly it might have changed my mind AGAIN as I'd finally decided touring was the better option having optioned sports!

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I noticed Harry said this towards the end of the passenger laps, ""Doesn't feel nearly as stiff as I'd assumed." Then when he gets out of the car, "I can't get over the ride." Then it's the first thing he mentions to Russell.

Frankly it might have changed my mind AGAIN as I'd finally decided touring was the better option having optioned sports!
Remember too that Harry said he hadn’t been at Hethel since the test track was redone. The old one had some very variable surfaces. The current one is billiard table smooth.

I’m sure that and Dan’s driving were also factors!

DJW

Emira Fan
Reaction score

Remember though this was on a smooth track. If I was running one of these as a daily I reckon touring is a good compromise. For me personally the car will be a weekend toy so have gone sports chassis.

New to Lotus

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Interesting he said the car going into 3rd at 70 mph how does that compare to the evora certainly shorter than the gt4?

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
That’s the same as the V6 manual Evora - 2nd is good to 70mph then 3rd to over 100

frazzer

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Remember too that Harry said he hadn’t been at Hethel since the test track was redone. The old one had some very variable surfaces. The current one is billiard table smooth.

I’m sure that and Dan’s driving were also factors!
The car was also on the Cup 2s, on the Goodyears got to believe its going to be fine on the road in Sports setup