Latest Update

Mike

Reaction score
Latest update from Lotus:

We are very conscious that we have not communicated with you directly yet regarding a final delivery date for your new Lotus Emira. We are continuing to experience delays in material supplies, several of which have proved to be greater than previously expected and this has resulted in a further slow down in our production volume ramp up for 2022. The good news is that the first cars are now in the final check out before being delivered to our first customers in the U.K. Our production line is now finishing cars every day.

In the next edition of Harry’s Garage, available online from 5pm this Sunday 16th October, Harry Metcalfe - also an Emira customer - takes a Hethel tour, and interviews with our MD Matt Windle for the latest production update. Please visit Harry's YouTube channel from Sunday 16th October from 5pm for the full episode from Harry which hopefully will be of interest.

With the latest parts supply schedules now confirmed, and production up and running - albeit at a slower rate than we had hoped - we have rescheduled our manufacturing plan and will be contacting each of our customers directly again in the next few days to advise further. Please be assured this is not a change of sequence but just a slowdown in the pace of our production ramp up.

However, with the first UK customers now going through the final checkout process and Agency demonstrators being shipped in the next few days, we will shortly be able to confirm delivery timescales for the forthcoming few weeks of customer deliveries.

Thank you for you continued patience and once again we will be in direct contact in the coming days.

Sincerely,

Geoff Dowding

Executive Director of Sales & Aftersales

Lotus Cars

roundincircles

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
They now judge they can make a plan and share it……whether the plan is acceptable is irrelevant……they now are prepared to take a position.

Let’s hear what’s said and we can then have anther 90 pages on 30 day notice. By the way neither the mighty Porsche or superior Ferrari are sharing their plans. Just saying.

Last edited:

Jon_N

Emira Fan
Reaction score
They now judge they can make a plan and share it……wether the plan is acceptable is irrelevant……they now are prepared to take a position.

Let’s hear what’s said and we can then have anther 90 pages on 30 day notice. By the way neither the mighty Porsche or superior Ferrari are sharing their plans. Just saying.
I have a Porsche on-order (build starts next month) & the dealer has beeb excellent from initial deposit, to allocation, to build.... my experience is that their communication is light years ahead...but so is the car tbh.... Lotus will arrive when it arrives....

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
F this. I'm buying a Porsche.

Serious question: Why did Belgium, of all places get the first deliveres? And then Italy and Germany even before the UK? I'm so confused and frustrated. North American buyers are never getting their Emira.

roundincircles

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I have a Porsche on-order (build starts next month) & the dealer has beeb excellent from initial deposit, to allocation, to build.... my experience is that their communication is light years ahead...but so is the car tbh.... Lotus will arrive when it arrives....
My experience is order March, delivery December, zero update. Same with Fezza

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order

Serious question: Why did Belgium, of all places get the first deliveres? And then Italy and Germany even before the UK? I'm so confused and frustrated. North American buyers are never getting their Emira.
At this rate I can wait till the used market cools down more and I’ll just pick up a GT4. It’ll still happen before anyone gets an Emira stateside.

Captain.Kirk

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Latest update from Lotus:

We are very conscious that we have not communicated with you directly yet regarding a final delivery date for your new Lotus Emira. We are continuing to experience delays in material supplies, several of which have proved to be greater than previously expected and this has resulted in a further slow down in our production volume ramp up for 2022. The good news is that the first cars are now in the final check out before being delivered to our first customers in the U.K. Our production line is now finishing cars every day.

In the next edition of Harry’s Garage, available online from 5pm this Sunday 16th October, Harry Metcalfe - also an Emira customer - takes a Hethel tour, and interviews with our MD Matt Windle for the latest production update. Please visit Harry's YouTube channel from Sunday 16th October from 5pm for the full episode from Harry which hopefully will be of interest.

With the latest parts supply schedules now confirmed, and production up and running - albeit at a slower rate than we had hoped - we have rescheduled our manufacturing plan and will be contacting each of our customers directly again in the next few days to advise further. Please be assured this is not a change of sequence but just a slowdown in the pace of our production ramp up.

However, with the first UK customers now going through the final checkout process and Agency demonstrators being shipped in the next few days, we will shortly be able to confirm delivery timescales for the forthcoming few weeks of customer deliveries.

Thank you for you continued patience and once again we will be in direct contact in the coming days.

Sincerely,

Geoff Dowding

Executive Director of Sales & Aftersales

Lotus Cars
Lotus has obviously been busy building the Emerson Fittipaldi Evija model revealed today. I think it’s full of...our missing Emira parts!

DenzilP

Reaction score

I was told by a Lotus employee, there were issues with the type approval in the UK for both auto and manual, but no issues with the European type approval thus why they got them first.

DJS

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
That email is just to soften the blow that is about to come, and I know any communication is good but why send it out when they are emailing us individually in a few days.

I suppose we they did give us the heads up about the Harry video Sunday night which I will look forward to.

I can tell what is coming ........

The 400-500 car before Christmas will now be 200-300.

So a few of us let down for xmas i'm afraid.

Jon_N

Emira Fan
Reaction score
My experience is order March, delivery December, zero update. Same with Fezza
Interesting…. guess it depends on dealership? My Porsche dealership & SA have been excellent, I can borrow the demo for a day whenever I want, regular updates & invites to dealer events.

Porsche experience centre at Silverstone was amazing as well, a chance to learn how to drive the same model as your order, it’s brilliantly done, with an amazing lunch to boot! Then you have the App which updates as your car goes through the process including pictures of the car in the factory production line.

Ordered the car (911 C4 GTS) in December ‘21, allocation confirmed in June, build is November & delivery December. Pretty quick for a 911 in fairness….

Magma

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Interesting…. guess it depends on dealership? My Porsche dealership & SA have been excellent, I can borrow the demo for a day whenever I want, regular updates & invites to dealer events.

Porsche experience centre at Silverstone was amazing as well, a chance to learn how to drive the same model as your order, it’s brilliantly done, with an amazing lunch to boot! Then you have the App which updates as your car goes through the process including pictures of the car in the factory production line.

Ordered the car (911 C4 GTS) in December ‘21, allocation confirmed in June, build is November & delivery December. Pretty quick for a 911 in fairness….
That's awesome! Can u post your specs?

Ian C

Reaction score
I have been complaining that there has not been any comms and why not send out something once a month so cannot complain. Look forward to next email , expecting further delay

Captain.Kirk

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
That email is just to soften the blow that is about to come, and I know any communication is good but why send it out when they are emailing us individually in a few days.

I suppose we they did give us the heads up about the Harry video Sunday night which I will look forward to.

I can tell what is coming ........

The 400-500 car before Christmas will now be 200-300.

So a few of us let down for xmas i'm afraid.
So Lotus are using Harry as their outlet for doing spin doctoring. And what about Shmee who has 5x as many subs, his Emira was supposed to have been just built and documented. I wonder if his video will follow... soon!

Last edited:

JohnHoward

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I was told by a Lotus employee, there were issues with the type approval in the UK for both auto and manual, but no issues with the European type approval thus why they got them first.
They have had type Approval for the manual for a few months now and this is the reason that you can get insurance quotes for the manual. Type Approval has not been granted yet for the autos (hence you can't get auto quotes). As Lotus are now saying that there will be a mix of manual and auto in the second batch of cars (info direct from Lotus), it must be assumed that the delay to getting Type Approval for the auto is down to missing parts that will allow final sign off by the Vehicle Certification Agency, once these parts are fitted and final tests conducted.
It is possible that they were granted Type Approval on the manual originally and then made subsequent changes and then had to reapply for Type Approval, but it wouldn't be possible to detect this through the insurance system as the original Type Approval will sit in the insurance database until such time as it is updated e.g with differnet emissions or whatever.
This would potentially explain why the Lotus employee advised there is an issue with both transmissions as we have no way of knowing what is going on with the manual. But the info is certainly correct for the auto.
Lotus CC claim to have no knowledge of any issues whatsoever when asked directly on the telephone. This is at odds with two weeks ago when they said that they do not discuss Type Approval with customers and one week ago when they said you will be able to get an auto quote in a few weeks.

Last edited:

Magma

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Schmee had a video recently (it's somewhere on the forum) where he explains that he's pushed his car back in the queu due to collection issues, he claims. And/or the inability to drive it if it arrives "soon."

roundincircles

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score

Yes, 911 not easy to get for sure.